Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

were do you get mutation spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
i have been hearing about mutation spells a bit and i have what are they whats the point and what do they do and do you have to have a certain school for mutationg like myth or something so could you plz help :D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
punisher170 wrote:
i have been hearing about mutation spells a bit and i have what are they whats the point and what do they do and do you have to have a certain school for mutationg like myth or something so could you plz help :D

You can earn in your travels and study (or buy) spells that change your learned spells. These are like Might, which you learned about in the basic tutorial when you first created the character. The ones you are hearing about work the same way, but instead of adding damage, they change the school of the spell. So, fire elf becomes storm elf, or ice elf, etc.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe you can only get them by using Crowns. Crowns are real money. However you do earn a small amount of Crowns by just playing the game.

With the mutation spells they only last like 1 day and not really sure what the purpose is. If your going to spend real money I highly suggest forgetting about the mutation stuff and buy a mount. That 40% speed increase is awesome.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2008
Mutation cards are like cards like tough and monstrous. They drop from enemies and they are treasure cards

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
CC1403 wrote:
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe you can only get them by using Crowns. Crowns are real money. However you do earn a small amount of Crowns by just playing the game.

With the mutation spells they only last like 1 day and not really sure what the purpose is. If your going to spend real money I highly suggest forgetting about the mutation stuff and buy a mount. That 40% speed increase is awesome.

Absolutely not true.
I have never used crowns for these. I think the person quoted above was confusing the mutating elixers with this....the crown bought elixers that can change your form into different creatures, like Gobblers, skeletal pirates, etc. Though I do believe that you can use coins to buy those elixers as well, you just have to change your currency in the crown shop.

There are two ways you can get cards to make mutations:

1. To be lucky and get a mutation on a drop or from a treasure box.

2. You can buy mutation cards from the bazaar for an extremely high price.

Are mutations worth it?...

It depends what you are using them for. If you are Ice or Storm and want a DoT(Damage over time)spell, then having a storm or ice elf can be very useful, especially to storm which never gets a learned DoT, which are great for keeping shields off your enemy.

Other mutations are pretty much just for flash, just something cool to see and show off to others since you don't see them too often. They really are not so useful, but they sure are cool to see and fun to use.