Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

only non school spells free

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
you now have to warn people to see there teach for school spell for level 1 only get wand spells is this the new norm?

Administrator
I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, young Wizard. All new students receive a wand that comes with one of each of the school's level 1 spells.
Each of these spells cost 1 pip.
This is to show you the types of damage each of the schools can provide you, to help you select spells in a secondary school.

Early on in your adventures, you will be granted a wand that has spells that cost 0 pips. This will allow you to build up pips to cast your level 2 spells.

Some Wizards keep their starter wand quite late into the game, as the spells are quite powerful, but you'll find soon enough that you need the 0 pip spell to help build your pips for more powerful spells.

Does this answer your question?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
i'm asking you that when in life u don't get imp you school level one spell 3 times in deck

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I had this same problem with the fire school. Normally you start with the first spell from a school. When I did the quest for Ambrose I got the 0 pip spell. When I was taking that out of my deck , I found that I hadn't gotten the 1 pip spell that the school teaches. I had to go back to Falmea and get it.

Of course I got the level 1 balance spell too. Though it cost me 1 training point. When I went to the balance teacher after getting the level 1 spell from Falmea that was free.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
lifewanda wrote:
you now have to warn people to see there teach for school spell for level 1 only get wand spells is this the new norm?

Ok, I know Gamma didn't understand, but I think I do.

I started a new Myth wizard the other day and found my starter deck completely empty of even the level 1 spell for her school! This has not been the "norm" in the past. But what is funny is that just a day or two before that I started a new Life Wizard and she had her level 1 Imp spell.

Was it a glitch that my Myth Wizard did not start with Blood Bat and I had to go to the school to pick it up, or is this going to be something we all have to do now?

Out of curiosity; what kind of wizard did you start, lifewanda?