Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Obsidian Chests? ( Revisited ) A little help?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
A few days ago I posted a thread asking what these chests I see every now and then are and what they are for. Over 35 people have seen this post and not one has responded. Am I right to assume that nobody knows what these are? If so could KI help out a bit? I played levels 1 through 28 over 6 months ago and had to quit for a lack of funds (lost my job). I come back around 3 weeks ago and everything has changed. Now there are houses, ranked PvP, Grizzleheim and mounts! I know there is more then that as far as new content goes (like crafting) and I am pretty sure I have almost all of it figured out. the only complaint I have is that I for the life of me CAN NOT get anyone to tell me what these obsidian chests are for!!! Is that something related to a quest that was added somewhere in levels 1-28 that I missed because I completed these levels before the quest was added in the new content?? PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME..... I have to say this is getting very frustrating!

I wanted to add one more thing. I have made several posts and only half of them or less are showing up on the forums even after waiting for a day or two. What gives? If there is something wrong with someone's post doesn't KI feel even slightly obligated to maybe send them a private email to the account they signed up with telling them why this post was rejected?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Hello,

The Obsidian Chests hold nine pieces that when joined together form a control staff that is intended to ride the Dragon that resides in Dragonspyre Academy in Dragon Claw Ridge.

Lord Nightshade on Triton Avenue has the first and the second is in the castle on Colossus Boulevard.

I am mentioning these to you because I have just gathered these pieces.

In order to get this quest, you must finish The Labyrinth, talk with Cyrus in the Basillica and retrieve the Fire Medallion in order to talk with Ashley the Fire Tree.

Hope this helps,

Timothy Pearlflower
Level 50 Ice Wizard
On Obsidian Quest throughout the Spiral

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
You haven't leveled up enough to use these chests yet. Somewhere around, but not always exactly at, level 48 and above, you will get this quest if you make it that far. You have to get to Dragonspyre and to Dragonspyre Academy and be given the quest for Ashley, the Fire Tree(in Dragonspyre) to open these chests. These chests contain pieces that form a staff, The Dragonrider Staff, that you actually get to have and use, and are part of what is required to eventually ride a drake and go to battle Malistaire.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

I thank you two VERY MUCH!! I am lvl 46 right now and in Dragonspyre so I guess I will be getting this quest soon then!! The reason I thought that I missed something is because I believe there is a couple of these chests either in Wizard City or Krokatopia. I remember seeing these when helping my brother who has a level 9 and thinking to myself " That wasn't there when I came here a long time ago" so I was afraid I missed the chance to get them. Your time is much appreciated. It is funny too because I truly believe that half of the people in this forum are not the levels they claim to be and in my opinion this proves it. If there were as many level 50 wizards as they claim to be then a ton of people would have jumped at this question to answer it letting everyone know that they are a true level 50! HA! Anyways thanks again and you have let me breath sigh of relief!

ALL WHO READ THIS THREAD! Maybe I will make a new post as to some of the secret quests or new quests that have been added since the first time you went through the game that way older wizards who have not done them yet know what to go back and do or what to look for the second time through! Anyways have a great day in the spiral and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

P.S. Thank again you guys. You honestly have no idea how much of a thorn this was in the back of my mind! Every time I saw another one of these I would get more and more frustrated! Hit me up if you would like to hang out sometime or need help! ( If you see me that is! )

Matthew Lifegiver ( lvl 46 Lifewizard )

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
mshewmake2000 wrote:
A few days ago I posted a thread asking what these chests I see every now and then are and what they are for. Over 35 people have seen this post and not one has responded. Am I right to assume that nobody knows what these are? If so could KI help out a bit? I played levels 1 through 28 over 6 months ago and had to quit for a lack of funds (lost my job). I come back around 3 weeks ago and everything has changed. Now there are houses, ranked PvP, Grizzleheim and mounts! I know there is more then that as far as new content goes (like crafting) and I am pretty sure I have almost all of it figured out. the only complaint I have is that I for the life of me CAN NOT get anyone to tell me what these obsidian chests are for!!! Is that something related to a quest that was added somewhere in levels 1-28 that I missed because I completed these levels before the quest was added in the new content?? PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME..... I have to say this is getting very frustrating!

I wanted to add one more thing. I have made several posts and only half of them or less are showing up on the forums even after waiting for a day or two. What gives? If there is something wrong with someone's post doesn't KI feel even slightly obligated to maybe send them a private email to the account they signed up with telling them why this post was rejected?

The chests are from a quest in DS.