Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New stuff and gift cards...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
I dig the new mount and I'm really diggin the fact that it helps charity. I'm buying one tomorrow even though I already have a mount. Just putting that out there.

Now, a question:

I was told (and I read) that you can buy a gift card ($20) and it will give you the holiday pet and 10,000 crowns. Before I go buy a few of these, can someone who has done it (and redeemed the crowns instead of applying the $ to their account) please comment on the process. I've bought crowns before and all that, but I've never used a gift-card to redeem crowns. So, how does that work?

Thanks.

P.S. The balance and myth houses are the best. :P

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
If you are talking about the ICE ELF, then it comes with a gift certificate... NOT a gift card. The current pets for the cards are listed here

https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

it depends on when you redeem it too.. so if you buy the card now and redeem it in 2 months, it could be a different pet. ALSO, i got an email saying that ll pets come with a dragonblade card for xmas :)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
phantombeck wrote:
I dig the new mount and I'm really diggin the fact that it helps charity. I'm buying one tomorrow even though I already have a mount. Just putting that out there.

Now, a question:

I was told (and I read) that you can buy a gift card ($20) and it will give you the holiday pet and 10,000 crowns. Before I go buy a few of these, can someone who has done it (and redeemed the crowns instead of applying the $ to their account) please comment on the process. I've bought crowns before and all that, but I've never used a gift-card to redeem crowns. So, how does that work?

Thanks.

P.S. The balance and myth houses are the best. :P

To the left of this screen, just below your log on name, is a list of options, the 6th one down says 'Redeem Card or code'. Just make sure you are logged onto the correct account (if you have multiple) and click on the link.

You will be asked to type in a name given (security code), then the code on the card, what you want to redeem for (crowns or subscription) and where you live. Click the submit button, and you will be informed on the screen what you got. An email will also be sent to you.

When you log onto the game, the gift icon will come up, click on it, and you can select your pet for a specific character. Once on the character, you just equip the pet (no strange visions there :) ).

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Does anyone know if you can buy the gift cards with holiday pets online? I want to get the ones from Rite Aid and I have already searched their site to no avail. There is no Rite Aid store anywhere near my location so I cannot go in and buy them. Anyone know if there is a way for me to get around this?
Thanks!