Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Personal Drakes

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
When i rode my drake up to malistaire i was sooo happy! It was sooo cool for me. But it'd be wayy cooler if you could ride your battle drake anywhere as a mount. it could fly you all over the spiral. Cause after all, that IS YOUR drake. you should be able to feel like its your pet. Maybe when you get up to ......hmm....lvl 60 you can have this option.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
I like the way you think, IamLezul! I have an idea. Your Drake comes with a map. You click it, it shows a Spiral Map. You click a world. Then you click an area in the World, and the Drake flies to that area (with the background of the world). You are found at the beginning of that area. Anyway, I think it's a great idea. Oh look: Someone agrees with me:
Young Battledrake wrote:
I Would be honored to serve my trusty owner again.
Wow, that's deep. Anyway you heard, Me, the BattleDrake, and IamLezul. Post what you think.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
I like the way you think, IamLezul! I have an idea. Your Drake comes with a map. You click it, it shows a Spiral Map. You click a world. Then you click an area in the World, and the Drake flies to that area (with the background of the world). You are found at the beginning of that area. Anyway, I think it's a great idea. Oh look: Someone agrees with me:
Young Battledrake wrote:
I Would be honored to serve my trusty owner again.
Wow, that's deep. Anyway you heard, Me, the BattleDrake, and IamLezul. Post what you think.

Exactly! And maybe change the way you ride it, too. You look weird in your battle pose when ridding a drake up to malistaire. You should be able to ride it like the way you ride a mount.

After clicking the world and area, it'd be cool if you could see your wizard hop on the drake and then fly off. Then it would load and when it comes back, you are in the sky and can watch it fly you to the place you want to go. It would be wayy cooler than ordinary teleporter stones, but in a way, pretty much the same thing.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2009
I dont even understand why we must build armour and learn everything about drakes.

I wished they give at least the little black hatchling as a Pet for this quest line.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Tharek wrote:
I dont even understand why we must build armour and learn everything about drakes.

I wished they give at least the little black hatchling as a Pet for this quest line.

Tharek,

The idea behind it is that you are bonding with your Drake, like the cat or broom has been a "familiar spirit" of witches. By bonding with your Drake, the beast and you form a mutual bond of trust.

When Ashley the Fire Tree sent you on the OBSIDIAN CHEST quest, you had to gather nine pieces that form a riders' staff that will prevent your Drake from bucking you off, and the woman that helps form the crook (top) with a dragon's head, further identifies you with your Drake, once you use the Fire Forge in Dragonspyre Academy.

I had travelled through the SECURE HOUSE that Castamir had suggested and retrieved the drake egg, and am trying to get the CRYSTAL HAMMER in the Drake Hatchery near the Matriarch Drake.

Hope this helps,

Timothy Pearlflower
Level 50 Ice Wizard

P.S., If you haven't done so, use crowns to buy HENCHMEN during your battles. They have helped me when my friends have been either unable or unwilling to help in my quests.