Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dec. gift card pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

Young Wizards, the November Gift Card pets will be held over until December 9th, and after December 9th we will have a VERY special surprise for you when you redeem any Gift Card, so watch the Gift Cards page for more information!

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

Young Wizards, the November Gift Card pets will be held over until December 9th, and after December 9th we will have a VERY special surprise for you when you redeem any Gift Card, so watch the Gift Cards page for more information!

Is it okay to start holding my breath? :) I wonder what wonders will make the game more wonderful!

Administrator
I'm sorry to say that is correct young Wizard. Sometimes we are just at the mercy of technical difficulties that could not have been foreseen.

We'll be burning the midnight oil to get these to you asap, but we want to make sure that they actually work before we release them to everyone.

I apologize, but I hope you will see that they will be worth the wait!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I'm a tad curious why gift cards earn more reward than someone paying you directly over the internet via a credit card? Seems to me there is more inherent risk of not being compensated and the overhead to make the cards/ship etc.

Being a business kind of guy it doesn't seem to add up.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I have been waiting to cash in my card until the 9th for this special gift, i just cashed it in, and i didnt get any special gift? Did the date change or am I supposed to do something different?

Scarltet
grand master, balance, and life

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Its now the 10th and there is nothing posted about thenew pets. Can i go ahead a redeem mine and get the Dec. pet or should I wait till they announce it in the Ravenwood News. Plz let me know. Thanks

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I have waited 2 days to renew, waiting for the Dec pet, I see post saying the Dec pets are here, I renew my account and not only is there no Dec pet, I get no pet at all???

Help Please

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Charmane696 wrote:
I have waited 2 days to renew, waiting for the Dec pet, I see post saying the Dec pets are here, I renew my account and not only is there no Dec pet, I get no pet at all???

Help Please

I know how you feel. I redeemed mine to and got the old pet and spell. Not what I was wanting. Hope they can correct this soon.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Looks like they are in now, and good for everyone....though I wish the damage boost also extended to drain health so we could see ghoul, vampire, etc boosted.

Opps-I tried it out in gameplay, and it boosted the ghoul I tried, so my guess is that it works for all life-stealing spells.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
what's is up with the new gift card pets KI? they all give the same spell, (and being balance i dont need another balance blade but thats just me) there are no pictures of what the pets even look like, whether they are holiday themed or not, and, as of right now with the pets, it seems pointless to get a gift card seeing as its not much different from what the pets before were, actually even pets before, like the guardian dragon or some ninja pigs gave stats and better spells. I guess i am just disappointed since i expected something much more extravagent since they are the Holiday Season Gift Cards and you took longer then normal to reveal them.

P.S. to any readers of this, yes i am complaining but 2/3 of the wizarding community do to and why shouldn't i?

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
Hello everyone, I hope i can get some help with this! I recently bought a giftcard for the sole purpose of the new december pet. Reading these posts makes me confused. It says the pets are now available, but when i go to redeem my card it says " if you redeem now, you will get the december pet". I would much aprecaite if someone could tell me when it will be safe to redeem it, or if it is now. Thank you in advance for the help!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
A friend and I just got our gift cards at a local Blockbuster, which is supposed to have cards for the Aqua Dragon. The cards even have a picture of a blue dragon on the bottom left. However when he redeemed his he got a yellowish, gold-ish type dragon. What happened to Aqua Dragon? Anyone else seen this? Is it a glitch with the colors? Should a wait a day or so to see if his dragon turns blue? Although a Palomino dragon would be cool too.
Thanks for any info.

Administrator
I'm sorry you're disappointed with the pet, young Wizard. I do want to clarify that the spell is DragonBlade, not Balance Blade, (though it will stack with Balance Blade).

DragonBlade is a rare spell that hasn't been available since we first launched.

Since the pet you buy is shown on the card, we are not allowed to change the appearance of the pet.

We wanted to give our Gift Card players something rare for the holidays, but I'm sorry you're not happy with the pet you were given.

xGallagherx wrote:
what's is up with the new gift card pets KI? they all give the same spell, (and being balance i dont need another balance blade but thats just me) there are no pictures of what the pets even look like, whether they are holiday themed or not, and, as of right now with the pets, it seems pointless to get a gift card seeing as its not much different from what the pets before were, actually even pets before, like the guardian dragon or some ninja pigs gave stats and better spells. I guess i am just disappointed since i expected something much more extravagent since they are the Holiday Season Gift Cards and you took longer then normal to reveal them.

P.S. to any readers of this, yes i am complaining but 2/3 of the wizarding community do to and why shouldn't i?

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
That was my fault, I forgot to take that warning off the redemption page.

It's safe to redeem your pet now, you'll get the December/January pet with the DragonBlade spell.

VENOMXV3 wrote:
Hello everyone, I hope i can get some help with this! I recently bought a giftcard for the sole purpose of the new december pet. Reading these posts makes me confused. It says the pets are now available, but when i go to redeem my card it says " if you redeem now, you will get the december pet". I would much aprecaite if someone could tell me when it will be safe to redeem it, or if it is now. Thank you in advance for the help!

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Well, as cool as it would be, he won't change colors overnight :)
Please send an email to support@wizard101.com and they'll put things right for you.

NightPoe wrote:
A friend and I just got our gift cards at a local Blockbuster, which is supposed to have cards for the Aqua Dragon. The cards even have a picture of a blue dragon on the bottom left. However when he redeemed his he got a yellowish, gold-ish type dragon. What happened to Aqua Dragon? Anyone else seen this? Is it a glitch with the colors? Should a wait a day or so to see if his dragon turns blue? Although a Palomino dragon would be cool too.
Thanks for any info.

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:
I'm a tad curious why gift cards earn more reward than someone paying you directly over the internet via a credit card? Seems to me there is more inherent risk of not being compensated and the overhead to make the cards/ship etc.

Being a business kind of guy it doesn't seem to add up.

The math:
Gift Card> $10 is one month plus a pet for one character.
Subscription> $5 is one month play (yearly sub)

Therefore, the pet ends up costing a truely frugal business type of guy you can see the pets are expensive. A one year sub's savings can garner you a 'school' house and a mount and break even with the 12 gift cards.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
cece30 wrote:
Its now the 10th and there is nothing posted about thenew pets. Can i go ahead a redeem mine and get the Dec. pet or should I wait till they announce it in the Ravenwood News. Plz let me know. Thanks

December cards worked for me!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
xGallagherx wrote:

Wow, a +30 Blade usable by any school, that adds to Balencerblade from you school, etc, at 0-pips....Now, you can alternate between pets, so you can select depending on the battle, last month's pets for stat boosting, this month for damage boosting, next months for...well, whatever.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
xGallagherx wrote:

Like Professor Greyrose said; It's not the same as a Balance Blade and it is also stackable. But, really, it IS just a glorified Balance Blade. And being that you only get one copy of this from the pet, the possibility of it even showing up and you being able to use it the one time in combat that you might REALLY need it....very slim.

I too am disappointed with this as the spell or bonus to the pets. It would have been fine if, say the $10 cards had this and that was all they had this month, but to pay $20 for a card and then get a pet with the same ability as the $10 card....really that is unfair. I would much rather have had the Firezilla spell come with Firezilla as was first shown for this month on the Gift Card page. I will not be redeeming those Firezilla cards now and will just save them for something better. I would rather waste the $10 cards to get this Dragonblade, as it's all the same.

I was really hoping there would be a special bonus as to what the Holiday Pets would have because that was the way the page there had made it sound....like there would be something really wonderful in addition to the pets that came with the cards this month, but of course I was disappointed to see this is what we got. And these pets will be all we can get with the cards through January....very disappointing.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
So why did I get the November pet when I redeemed my card yesterday after the announcement went out on this very site that the new pets were ready? Why make the announcement if they weren't ready yet?