Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips going away for no reason.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
:( :( I have been playing for many months and have noticed my pips never were used when i fizz or an opponent was killed before my spell had time to cast. But here in last several weeks i am seeing my pips go away on fizz and pips going away on opponents that were killed before my spell had time to cast. Is this a new game playing strategy? I mean has the game been changed to remove pips on a fizz and opponents that are not there anymore?
I first noticed this when i had duplicate spells and on a fizz i could not cast the same spell again and i look and pips gone. Then I noticed when someone killed the opponent before my spell time for casting came my pips went away.
If this is to be the Norm for the game please let me know as i need to change my playing strategy.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
pips WILL go away (and always have) if you cast a spell and the enemy dies before you cast.

as far as fizzle.. they should not.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Disspells will also take away pips, however there are only dispells for the elemental schools.

Dispells make the next spell it says fizzle, and then takes away the amount of pips used to cast that spell.

EX: say you get a quench put on you, that will make your next fire spell fizzle, and if that fire spell was meteor strike(again, this is just an example), then you would lose the 4 pips used to cast it.

Dispells can be tricky to use in pvp, but a savior in pve, especially if the enemies have powerful ice, storm or fire spells and you know what kind of those spells they have.

In fact, here's a little tip for when fighting Jade Oni(off topic I know, but still), if you use a quench on him, his next heckhound spell(his only fire spell) will fizzle, and take away all the pips he had at the time he casted the spell, since heckound is an X rank spell.