Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i really stink in pvp any tips?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Well i am two levels away from grand (level 48) but even with my fire dragon spell i get batted down by other players. (my second school is myth)My amount of pvp points is around 290. Is there any lucky enough to be warlord fire can wizards that give me any tips?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Okay! I don't have a fire.... But I know things about pvp tips to help you! The best thing to so is to get as much resiet in your clothes. Zeke work good! The heartsteal dirk should be used. If you have a pet with resiet in them... Fires are good at 1v1 you really dont need fire drangon hellaphant is good. You need your level 35 balde and the balance blade and a fire bubble.... Traps if wanted. I would use a ice blade to get away towers...

Thats all I have to say.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Hey Nick,

Depends what kind of PvP you are doing?

1v1 Do not use all enemies target spell concentrate on your high damage one target spell Pheonix or Helephant, shield, blades and traps and steal charm to remove their shield. Damage over time is a good way to remove shield but don't use dragon use Heckhound on 1 or 2 pips or Link and bring a minion.

multi v multi: try to sync with your teammate(s), use choke and smoke screen as often as possible to keep other team from casting. Don't be afraid to shield and buff your teammates, it's better that the healer(preferably life) in the group survives rather then you. Use Scald, fire dragon and meteor Strike to do damage, I know you like your helephant but remember your teammates do damage as well better to keep the pressure on their healer rather then go for the one kill.

Hopes this help you rise in the ranks a little.

Djark

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
JamesFox wrote:
Okay! I don't have a fire.... But I know things about pvp tips to help you! The best thing to so is to get as much resiet in your clothes. Zeke work good! The heartsteal dirk should be used. If you have a pet with resiet in them... Fires are good at 1v1 you really dont need fire drangon hellaphant is good. You need your level 35 balde and the balance blade and a fire bubble.... Traps if wanted. I would use a ice blade to get away towers...

Thats all I have to say.
i really dont have crowns but i have some stuff that boosts my accuracy,damage,and a big fire ressit is that ok?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Hey Nick. Well I hope pvp has been going better for you since you posted this. Anyways. I have a Grand Fire, Life, Balance, and soon Myth. I have much experience in Pvp as well.....
DJark speaks truth....

Since I have a fire grand, i can speak on fire.. i can tell you what i have learned.....

Fire spells are meant to be 'Attacks over time'... therefore,

in 1v1,
i have found it very effective to use your minion ASAP and get your Wylde Fire up asap. the sooner the better because he will get rid of shields. use these attacks over time spells to your advantage. Use fire elves, and link to start with if your minion doesnt pop up in your deck yet. while your minion is attacking and being a distraction, blade yourself all day (and of course shield)Try to always keep a continuous fire attack going on your enemy and save up your pips while your minion is making your opponent have a headache....... and double attack two rounds in a row.
Immolate will always be a huge help. put a fire shield on yourself and hit them hard and fast.

in 2v2 or greater, i like to use different strategies depending on who i am teaming with. Sometimes I sit and just build up blades and attack huge like two dragons in a row. But for the most part, know your teamates and know their spells... this also means to know your enemies spells (also in 1v1). watch to see how many pips he has. because he obviously cant pull a Grand Master spell out of his butt if he has 4 pips. so dont waste your shields shielding if he has no pips to attack because he will get rid of them early, so blade yourself first instead....... oh man i could go on all day about pvp. lol... we should just meet up and let me help train you. lol
Uhhh.. to keep this from going all day, i guess to wrap this up, i could say to use your pips and cards wisely. know exactly how many of each card you have in your deck and discard what you dont need every round remembering to put in a couple of reshuffles in your deck if you need them. I always keep satyrs in my treasure card deck no matter what. and please buy Tower shields from the library.... but be careful to not stack shields too early in the match. this will result in wasting shields......

lol. i told you i can go on all day. well, i hope this helps. if you decide you want to meet up with me, post a reply to this and i will be more than happy to help ya out and show you some tricks. lol

~David SoulFlame lvl 50 Fire
~David SoulHunter lvl 50 Balance
~Alura UnicornPants lvl 50 Life
~Darby SparkleFlower lvl 40 Myth
~David SoulBreeze lvl 17 Ice

Defender
Jul 18, 2009

How on earth did you remain sane after repeating the content to get this many this high in level? I would of gone nuts repeating the pve process on that many characters.

They need to incorporate a faster combat option. Seeing the same battle graphics (slow) over and over is mind numbing boring.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:

How on earth did you remain sane after repeating the content to get this many this high in level? I would of gone nuts repeating the pve process on that many characters.

They need to incorporate a faster combat option. Seeing the same battle graphics (slow) over and over is mind numbing boring.

lol. I've been playing for about 7 months now. It's all in the urge to Pvp honestly. It makes me feel good to be able to know and dominate in 5 of the 7 schools (so far only 5) in Pvp. I've learned to ignore all the dialogue and try to rush through for the sake of being Grand Master. Plus I have two accounts, so I use one account to help me with the other. But I agree with you, it does get a bit of a nuisance. When I start feeling that way, I go take a break for a while and Pvp. I absolutely love pvp.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
hello if you need some help for pvp, this is what i do i save my pips for a really good spell then i attack

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
i'm truly astonished that none of you brought up padding your deck with heal spells so you can survive long enough for a rank 5-6-7-X barrage.

btw, a short 7 power pip fire chain:
helephant
get normal pip ok a pheonix
power pip fire blade
normal pip fire dragon fizzle
power pip heckhound with all those pips

you can do barrages like this with any school

other that this i wholeheartedly agree with ChaoticLee and Djarknaein

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:

I know someone with 16 GMs! When I met them I was like WOW! lol

Anyways, back on topic. If you are doing 1v1, don't use Fire Dragon, use Helephant and Pheonix.If getting rid of sheilds only use 1 pip Heckhounds, link, or Fire elf.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Terrific fire wizzies in PvP: Often use fire elf

Mediocre fire wizzies in PvP: Never use fire elf

There's your difference.