Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Server Shutdown warnings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
I think most people would agree that 15minutes is rarely enough warning for system maintenance warnings.

I had just purchased a mount for 24hours when this message popped up. Needless to say, I wasn't to happy about it since I was trying to solo a dungeon at the time and would not be able to get the full use of my 24hour mount.

If we could be prompted when we log in that same day to remind us that the servers will be going down that day and an approx. time of when, it would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator
Every day that there is known server maintenance at 3am Central US time, we post the following message on the Wizard101 game launcher:
(this message was from our November 05 downtime)
Wizard101 Scheduled Maintenance
Wizard101 the game will be offline from (approximately) 3am to 5am Central US Time on November 05 2009.

During this time, players will be unable to log in to the game, and active players will be prompted to log out.
Our website may also experience interruptions in service during this downtime. Thank you for your patience while we improve the performance of the game for all of our players.

This is posted on the launcher approximately 10 hours before the scheduled downtime.

However for outages caused by your ISP, or unforseen circumstance, we cannot predict or message those types of outages.

We give our players this initial 10 hour notice, as well as a 15 minute in game notification, but the downtime for our regular maintenance periods is always the same. Wizard101 the game has a regular maintenance window of 3am to 4am Central US time. If that is during the time that you normally play, please check the Wizard101 launcher for scheduled downtime messages.

community@wizard101.com