Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will Wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I have a good friend who I introduced to this game this weekend. He has a very old computer and decided to get a laptop. He asked me a question I didn't know the answer to. The question is, will wizard 101 run on windows 7? I wonder if anyone has any experience with it, maybe in beta? Or does someone have knowledge regarding this? Any information is greatly appreciated.

If anyone associated with KI knows, can you please respond?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I would be interested to find this out too as I am just about to install Windows 7 on my laptop.

-------------------------------------------------------
Kimberly Misthaven - Level 46 Life
Kelsey Battlestalker - Level 31 Balance
Abigail Fireblossom - Level 19 Fire

Earn Crowns! Subscribe using my friend code:
http://www.wizard101.com/friend/80851-12125-01664-46030

Administrator
Internally Wizard101 is running fine on our Windows 7 machines. You may encounter driver errors that concern video drivers if they're not up to date, and occasionally we've seen errors about the product not being 'registered' but we are working to correct that.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Thank you so much Professor. I will take that into consideration before upgrading Windows. :D

-------------------------------------------------------
Kimberly Misthaven - Level 46 Life
Kelsey Battlestalker - Level 31 Balance
Abigail Fireblossom - Level 19 Fire

Earn Crowns! Subscribe using my friend code:
http://www.wizard101.com/friend/80851-12125-01664-46030

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Internally Wizard101 is running fine on our Windows 7 machines. You may encounter driver errors that concern video drivers if they're not up to date, and occasionally we've seen errors about the product not being 'registered' but we are working to correct that.

ProfessorGreyrose: the above quote was made on 20 October 2009; it has been a month and a half/near two months since this quote was made. Will you, or can you, give us an update on the progress of Wizard101 compatibility with Windows 7. I, like many others I'm sure, am considering upgrading to Win 7 - and probably will. My concern, of course, is will this wonderful game operate in it's full and entirety - and if not (which I understand is quite possible), what problems might I expierence, or maybe information I might loose? I am asking only so I might be aware of what to expect and not get caught off-guard or totally blindsided. Any and all information you can afford us wizards would be greatly appreciated. I anxiously await your reply.

Respectfully submitted,

Valarian Liontamer
GrandMaster Thurgist

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I recently bought a laptop with windows 7 as the operating system. So far i have had no problems running the game.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 50 Balance
Hannah Summerglade Level 40 Fire

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
This is not Working for me because when i start it it freezes,can anybody help me

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I have a really REALLY old computer and i freezes before the loading screen goes away and it stinks! But does wizard 101 word on windows 7?

Administrator
jimmit wrote:
I have a really REALLY old computer and i freezes before the loading screen goes away and it stinks! But does wizard 101 word on windows 7?

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

Get an adult to help you with this part:
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Im trying to load this game onto my laptop, it has windows 7. For some reason it has been downloading the same patch over and over again for the last day, non stop. Has anyone ever seen this or know how to fix this?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Where will Windows 7 install Wizard101 to. I've check program files (X86) and just program files and found nothing.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Yes, wizard 101 works fine on Windows 7 ( I have windows 7, so I should know.)

Jacob, Level 22 Adept Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
i have windows 7 ultimate and i need help to install it!
adobE: yes
windows: yes

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
I am confused, when i try to install the game a messages pops up saying " Please reinstall Wizard101, Try again"