Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with Quest Helper after last Patch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hello Proffessors,

My character seems to be having some problems with the Quest Helper arrow ever since the last patch went live.

The "problem" seems to involve the new "Lost Lieutenant" Quest in Wizard City.

Let me start off by saying that my character is a levekl 50 Storm Wizard, and I know that the Quest Helper is not allowed on all quests, and that it can be toggled on and off using the "t" key.

I first noticed the Quest Helper arrow "problem" during the Quest when I was supposed to find Mindy Pixiecrown and speak to her.

Once I had traveled to Colossus Boulevard to talk to her, I noticed that there was no Quest Helper Arrow was being displayed to point me in Mindy's general direction.

I could however, still read a line of text (below the chat window) saying I needed to talk to her in Colossus Boulevard. That information was visible in the usual place on the main screen, it was just the normal Quest Helper Directional Arrow (along with the relative distance to her position) were not being shown at all.

After I went to Mindy and spoke to her, (I of course knew where she was) I noticed that the Quest Helper Arrow was still not being displayed for the next part of the quest, although a line of text was shown telling me where to go next.

In short, it appears like the "Lost Lieutenant" Quest was not showing any of the rotating Quest Helper Directional Arrows (or the corresponding distance to the "target") but it was displaying a line of text instructing me where I needed to go next.

This seems to be happening on each part of the new Quest. No spinning Directional Arrows to point the way, and no distance shown to reach the next goal either.

Is the this Quest supposed to be allow use of the Quest Helper?

Also I noticed that after the Quest Helper got messed up, the Quest Helper Arrow itself seemed to also stop working properly in my other remaining Quest that it could be used on (it "froze" up).

However, after I logged out and came back, the Quest Arrow seems to be working again for my other remaining Quest ("Defeat Othin StormFather"), but it is still not working properly in "the Lost Lieutenant" Quest.

Again during the "the Lost Lieutenant" Quest I see no Arrow pointing me in the direction of my next goal, and no distance is shown to get there.

Only a line of text is shown telling me where to go.

Of course I have tried going to options and turning the Quest Helper on and off and on again. And have tried toggling the Quest Helper with the "t" key.

Is the new Quest a bit messed up? Or maybe it was not supposed to be avaiable with Quest Helper?

Is it supposed to be this way? I am just a bit afriad that this "problem" might mess up my character's Quest Helper for any future Quests.

Is the Quest Helper working properly for this new quest?

Could someone please look into this?

Thank You!