Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Second chance CHEST Ripoff

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
It's really great that you guys have made this GAME more like a job here, no wonder you are bored, or even close to it!

I have 8 wizards and am still having fun with it and that's becasue I don't treat it in the manor you do. I guess you need to go back to WOW so you are not so bored. There you can struggle and work on one thing for hours and days at a time.

Like you said; this game is aimed towards kids, so don't ask them to make it harder as there are kids as well as adults here that are actually trying to have FUN and relax!

I am not sure why this topic got turned into a competition on who and how to make so much gold a day, seems someone didn't pay attention to the topic of it. Not only that but why does anyone need that much gold? You can only have 150,000 coin(or is it 125,000, I always forget until I hit it) max per wizard, and I have reached that several times and had no idea what to do with that much gold at that point and ended up buying mounts just to get rid of the gold so I could continue to sell drops I didn't need and could have space in my backpack.

Also, it's no wonder that people actually working on the crafting badges have such a hard time finding reagents when there are "professional" reagent hunters out there who force everyone else to have to buy them from the bazaar(though I never do) because most people don't have ALL DAY to go hunting them! What is sad is when you see someone with the Master Artisan badge try to outrun you for a reagent that you most likely need for a quest.....so sad!

A lot of the people here are either in school most of the day or they work, so they don't have the hours you waste hunting these. I like to hunt reagents now and then as an alternative to fighting(but I don't sell mine as I am usually using one of my wizards who still need the master badge,) but not for hours and hours at a time....THAT is boring. Another thing that is boring is farming the same boss over and over and over again for days, weeks, months and never getting the item you want, which is what the second chance chests were supposed to help with...and sometimes they do help. Actually only the ones I had mentioned way earlier here that are really bad. I like some variety, and I think most other people do to...without variety a game does become a job.

It sounds to me like you bored, hateful people need to get a life, or at least enjoy the one you have, cause it sure doesn't sound too fun to me!

ROTFLMAOL! I just love it when people make assumptions about how much time someone is spending on-line or what their life is/isn't...

1. I don't play 'WOW'. It's simply not my type of game.

2. I don't spend 'all day' on-line hunting regeants. I spend 2 hours in the morning regeant hunting in 4 locations. Locations that happen to have a great regeant drop as well as a variety of different regeants.

3. The reason I'm 'bored' has absolutely nothing to do with regeants. It's the fact that since I've completed the quests with one character, every other character I play has the knowhow of what to expect and how to beat whatever up. Add into that the peeps like yourself constantly moaning 'how hard' the game is and KI made those bosses easier? Well, the more dumbed down the bosses get, the less of a challenge they have become even for my lower level characters. I'd personally like to see them put the bosses BACK to the capabilities they were. Or at least have an option where a player could play those bosses on a higher level.

4. Like you, I've maxed my coins several times. And like you, I use it to purchase the mounts. My in-game goal is to own ALL of the mounts KI puts out. That actually makes the game less boring for me, as I have a personal in-game goal to meet.

5. Besides just for selling, I also collect regeants to craft with. If you'd bothered to read my response you quoted, you'd have read that...Currently, I'm having to farm for 480 pearls, 360 diamonds, 2,000 mistwood, 300 black lotus, 160 mandrake, 80 blood moss, 160 springs, 210 scrap, and other odds and ends for crafting that furniture.

And that's NOT the first items I've crafted for personal use within the game, not will be the last. NOT including that the regeants I don't need go towards purchasing the gold cards needed or the extra rare regeants so I can collect the ingredients a bit faster.

ALL collected for 2 hours a day, then what I don't want/need sold in the evening when the bazaar is busiest and they can sell quickly. Yes, I may be an 'artisan craftsman', but the regeants I'm supposedly 'stealing' from you aren't just for selling but my own personal use. You don't like it? Then learn to get on earlier then me in the morning so you can get to them first. I don't get upset when someone beats me to the regeants, but you seem to think that those doing crafting quests have an unspoken right to getting them first? LOL!

6. I DO work, despite your wishful thinking otherwise. I moderate on a couple of sites, own a couple of sites, as well as run my own home business of handcrafted jewelry and all natural beauty products that I sell on-line. That also doesn't include taking care of my mother 7/24 who's living with us cause she's elderly and can't care for herself. I get to bathe her, help her walk around, give her medicine, take her to her doctors, and jump at her every beck and call.

PLUS I run our household, cook supper, run errands, pay bills, answer the phone, and try to manage my own high bp issues so I don't suffer another stroke...

And since it's the holidays? I'm even busier then ever, as it's hubby and I that hosts the family/friend get-togethers. So I've been baking, candy making, and cooking since a week before Thanksgiving and won't get a break from the kitchen activities till Jan 2nd.

So PLEASE don't tell me that you or someone else 'works and goes to school'...I'd happily switch you jobs or go to school in your place in a heartbeat as I'd actually get a break that way. And my regeant hunting in the morning/selling at night IS my relax time cause when hubby's home he wants my attention with the game in battles.

7. I'm not being hateful. I'm just fed up with the amount of whining and complaining people do on this game when they can't get what they want immediately. Or who blame KI for their inability to control themselves when it comes to their spending their crowns, complain how 'hard' the game is constantly, or complain about the cost of the mounts and now the houses.

And like you just said, you don't have a problem making coins and maxing on a regular basis. Yet in the eyes of those complaining 'how hard it is to make coins', you also must be one of those that 'spend all day on-line playing the game' cause you find making coins easy enough? LOL! Talk about the hypocrisy of your response to me...I'm pointing out how easy it is to make coins, yet YOU want to hurl assumptions and insults at me when you're making the same claim of 'how easy it is to make coins', so much in fact that you've 'maxed out a number of times and have to buy mounts to spend it all? ROTFLMAOL!

You're a work and a half there pal.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
@MSHEWMAKE

LOL i did not SAY at anytime that this game was a RIPOFF i stated the second chance chest where a ripoff and they are. Are you not comprehending?I mean come on now dont tell a full grown adult to grow up when they voice a opinion on how they feel i have spent alot of money on a great game for me and my family to play!! But it is ppl like me and others that voice our issues with the Game and ppl at KI read them and take them
into consideration!!!!!

Also i have no problem with the drop rate when farming or just fighting
i had a issue with when you spend actual CASH MONEY $$ The ratio should be higher so that it is worth it to ppl to actually spend the crowns!!!

the only difference between us is this i grasp and understand what ppl are saying you do not!!! lolol

Ok Bud thx lol

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I Agree that it is a rip-off.
But what I don't get is.
You're willing to spend 25$ on a FAKE ring that you CANT wear in real LIFE??
And plus, after the fifth time not getting the ring. I wouldn't bother with it.