Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worst World EVER

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
It is NOT the worst world ever,and my freinds still help me on
DS.WHy is this the worst?it seems the best to me .

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
See my real problem is those dungeons. I was helping a friend lvl up his other character, right, and we were doing the dungeon for the crystaline queen spider quest. So we were about half way to being done when he tells me he has 11 mana. Oh, thats GREAT :(! So we go into one more battle when he says he has no mana left. Ok, so basically, its up to me. He went towards the door out, but i stopped him. I mean, we have to at least keep trying. We finally get to the queen when i have about 900 life. But we couldnt give up hope so i tried. So the boss is balance which resists like 99.9% of my spells. So we're pretty much fried. So then i was down to 300 and I had no healing spell to choose. He couldnt heal me, he had no mana. Then he got down to 300, too. AGain i couldnt heal him or me. SO i die, im done for and we failed. Once he dies, he dies, then we would have to start all dang over again.....IF we start over again.

Great story. " He ran out of Mana", you say? Did he use up his potions that gave mana and hp?

You know the one's I am talking, about, you earn them as quest rewards and you either play minigames to fill them up, or pay to fill them up.

Couldn't he have ask you to wait fled, get warped to the starter area of DS where whats his name is, The Myth Teacher, and grab some Mana off them blue orbs, and then transport back to your position?

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
I really think DS is unfair. Especially when you are A Fire Wizard. I am level 50 and have tried to get my Drake Egg for over a week now, and it is useless. All of the sudden, I run out of healing cards, not that I run out of them. they just don't appear toward the end. THERE IS NO POINT IN PLAYING THIS GAME ANY MORE! I AM CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
I can't agree more. With reading all the post, and seeing all the opinions (and that is exactly what they are, opinions) I still say DS is the worst of the worst. Don't tell me not to play it if I don't like it, I have invested to much time and not to mention money into this game. However, I see Death, has no problem, Life doesn't have much problem, Storm is ok with it as long as they don't fizzle too much, But have you tried it with Fire? I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and I am telling you, it is no picnic. It isn't even fun any more. Have you tried getting the Drake Egg quest when your fire? HA!IMPOSSIBLE!
And some how, all of you are getting help. I can't get any one in. They either can't get in because there is no sigal (or whatever that count down thing is) and they can't port to me once I am inside. Get help?
You tell me how. This is the most difficult and frustrating level.
No, really it is beyond that it is maddening. The whole thing just makes me angry and puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening. And I become ( well, not a very nice person) to my family. I had to change that attitude.
So, there you go, just another opinion. BTW MARLEYBONE IS THE BEST WORLD. But then I like the country is was based on and have been to the real Marleybone!
Alyssa Moonwhisper, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
amaryllis756 wrote:
I can't agree more. With reading all the post, and seeing all the opinions (and that is exactly what they are, opinions) I still say DS is the worst of the worst. Don't tell me not to play it if I don't like it, I have invested to much time and not to mention money into this game. However, I see Death, has no problem, Life doesn't have much problem, Storm is ok with it as long as they don't fizzle too much, But have you tried it with Fire? I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and I am telling you, it is no picnic. It isn't even fun any more. Have you tried getting the Drake Egg quest when your fire? HA!IMPOSSIBLE!
And some how, all of you are getting help. I can't get any one in. They either can't get in because there is no sigal (or whatever that count down thing is) and they can't port to me once I am inside. Get help?
You tell me how. This is the most difficult and frustrating level.
No, really it is beyond that it is maddening. The whole thing just makes me angry and puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening. And I become ( well, not a very nice person) to my family. I had to change that attitude.
So, there you go, just another opinion. BTW MARLEYBONE IS THE BEST WORLD. But then I like the country is was based on and have been to the real Marleybone!
Alyssa Moonwhisper, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

It can not be that hard. You are blantly telling everyone you are a Grandmaster. YOU ARE a grandmaster. All the frustration it took you just to get to that point. So what is with all the fussing?

I am a level 46 Master Diviner, Try being Storm. I guarntee you won't be fussing over some simple thing like getting a drake egg. for an Example: I have to hope I gain enough PiPs just to cast a Storm Spell, and after taking a beating per round, and hoping that I do not take to much damage standing there waiting on Pips, then have to waste most of the pips on a Heal card.

Power pips are a rare accurance for me so it is a bumpy road just to get enough pips to use any storm card. Sure there is a Power Play card that helps you gain pips. But I notice if I use Power Play then the bosses or NPC's start gaining Power Pips. That is the last thing I want them to do.

Rince and Repeat.

Worst yet, once I get the massive number of PiPs used to cast any single High Damage Storm Spell, I have to hope it doesn't FIZZLE on me, and 99.9% of the time they do. Look at it this way, on your part, the hardest part for you is already over.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
I dont like the whole doom and gloom theme in DS. I preferr worlds that are bright like Wizard City or Mooshu. The dungeons are way too long and should have a way for you to save your progress in case one doesn't have 2 or 3 hours to complete it at one time.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Jen08 wrote:
pineapple24253 wrote:
skydragon13 wrote:
I have also been pretty frustrated by Dragonspyre. However, it is the final world, so what can you expect but for it to be challenging? I'm glad it's hard, because some areas of the other worlds have been too easy. I think it makes sense for the world that ends with the battle against Malistaire to be difficult.

One~ Dragonspyre is not the final world Grizzleheim is.
Two ~ Dragonspyre is supposed to be hard because of Malistare that raided Dragonspyre with all the tough bosses. The dragons from him on the streets . . . the ghostly wizards Malistare must have brainwashed or something just a thought lol :) . So thats my point ;) .

~ pineapple PEACE! :P

The new world will be the final niether DS OR Grizzlehiem will be :)

1. Grizzleheim is not the last world, you get access there at LEVEL 20.

2. A new world is coming out sometime. Celestia.

Get your facts straight. :/

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
See my real problem is those dungeons. I was helping a friend lvl up his other character, right, and we were doing the dungeon for the crystaline queen spider quest. So we were about half way to being done when he tells me he has 11 mana. Oh, thats GREAT :(! So we go into one more battle when he says he has no mana left. Ok, so basically, its up to me. He went towards the door out, but i stopped him. I mean, we have to at least keep trying. We finally get to the queen when i have about 900 life. But we couldnt give up hope so i tried. So the boss is balance which resists like 99.9% of my spells. So we're pretty much fried. So then i was down to 300 and I had no healing spell to choose. He couldnt heal me, he had no mana. Then he got down to 300, too. AGain i couldnt heal him or me. SO i die, im done for and we failed. Once he dies, he dies, then we would have to start all dang over again.....IF we start over again.

Great story. " He ran out of Mana", you say? Did he use up his potions that gave mana and hp?

You know the one's I am talking, about, you earn them as quest rewards and you either play minigames to fill them up, or pay to fill them up.

Couldn't he have ask you to wait fled, get warped to the starter area of DS where whats his name is, The Myth Teacher, and grab some Mana off them blue orbs, and then transport back to your position?

nope. not with gauntlets.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
totokatoo wrote:
guys this is the best game i played in years still mooshu is the most hard
you are right some times it is really hard :D

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Drifter69 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

nope. not with gauntlets.

what do you mean "not with the gauntlets"?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
Come on, it's not THAT hard. I soloed every part of Dragonsypre except for the Great Sypre, and that was only because of the obstacles requiring multiple wizards to remove (looking at you, crystals and draconians :(). I've had some close calls, but this world wasn't altogether bad, just long. You should know that I am death however; I have a much easier time managing my health than others, which maybe contributed to my finding this place not too difficult.

I will tell you this: wasting turns is a no-no in Dragonsypre. You'll want to finish fights as soon as you can, and preserve as much health as you can.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

i agree same with marley bone its long when i finished it i relized it wasnt all that hard after all! i am at the end of mooshu now i honestly think mooshu is kindof easy even though i am storm! i HATE my health its really low when i was level 10 i only had like 500 health! it stunk. but i still made it past then so dont give up know

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
You are right when you say this is the worst world ever. Welcome to Dragonspyre 2010. The dungeons are twice as hard as what they were before in 2009. So hard that now it is hard to go through dungeons without at least 3 people. Used to be able to go through with help of a minion which was hard enough, but now there are so many fizzes, weakness's and cheats thrown at you that it has been impossible for me to make it through DS dungeons without expending crowns for help. Is this what it boils down to, the almighty crown. Well apparently it is, and I for one will not spend ANY MORE CROWNS for anything in the game until this level is made easier. Definitely not a kid friendly area so good luck reaching the new area. I'll be stuck here until something is changed.

Quite the opposite. You may want to read this update post:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/20603.ftl

Based on the feedback of many of our Wizards, we have taken a long look at Dragonspyre and made some minor adjustments that will ensure that the world is fun and challenging both for players who play in groups, and for those who play solo.

Living in a lava filled world has had an effect on the residents of Dragonspyre.

*the health of many creatures has decreased
*the experience rewards have been increased
*fewer creatures will need to be defeated to meet quest requirements
*fewer items will need to be collected to meet quest requirements
*several of the gauntlets have fewer rooms

We feel these changes bring Dragonspyre more in-line with the difficulty to reward balance of the other worlds of the Spiral.

phoenixburner wrote:
You are right when you say this is the worst world ever. Welcome to Dragonspyre 2010. The dungeons are twice as hard as what they were before in 2009. So hard that now it is hard to go through dungeons without at least 3 people. Used to be able to go through with help of a minion which was hard enough, but now there are so many fizzes, weakness's and cheats thrown at you that it has been impossible for me to make it through DS dungeons without expending crowns for help. Is this what it boils down to, the almighty crown. Well apparently it is, and I for one will not spend ANY MORE CROWNS for anything in the game until this level is made easier. Definitely not a kid friendly area so good luck reaching the new area. I'll be stuck here until something is changed.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I beg to differ. I was already through the Labyrinth once, things still ARE TWICE AS HARD. As I said, with all the cheats,weakness's and fizzes, plus with drop in health on fire and storm with no better clothing available for health, this was set up for people to use CROWNS to play this area without any help. I liked it the way it was before, and if people say it wasn't challenging enough, they need to go play some other online game for the challenge. This is supposed to be a KID friendly game.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Just to let you know, ole' Zeke, I'm a Grandmaster Fire and have lots of friends who are Grandmasters and they feel the same as I do. They will not be spending any more crowns either until something is changed, hope you're happy with all the cancellations.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Just to update my last post. There were some slight changes since then and yesterday since swapping out my secondary school of storm with death school actually helped me make it through the Labyrinth soloing with my minion. And the grandchildren are finding it easier to get through here now and are much happier. So thank you KingsIsle for making those slight changes and happier customers. If you have a secondary school with plenty of healers than you can solo it without too much difficulty, speaking to storm and fire wizards. :D

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!

wow -.-. Dude to me dragonspyre was a piece of cake. Ok maybe not a piece but still . I got to malistare pretty fast. I beat him for the real quest at level 47. Now i have to agree about the towers and the labyrinth. They say the labyrinth only takes about 30 minutes but it's more like an hour. And a lot of my friends help me considering I get new higher lvl friends that aren't level 18 lol.

James Skull Wielder

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I beg to differ, yeah DS had gotten a few changes, Some of those towers where nice when you get to the next floor after fighting a boss mob, and there where Life orbs floating about, and thats it.

I would have like to see both Mana, and Life orbs floating about instead. Also Fizzles are still to ridiculous. PLEASE FIX IT. And a little off topic celestial trident is still missing the 5 extra on it. This was told it would be fixed awhile ago, and still is not(So much for the feedback as you said was looked into)

Also alot of the Staves in the 45+ level still disappear in a duel. (it shows your wizard is grasping it but you can not see the staves sometimes, no biggy. I just do not want to here things had been addresed in players feedback, when it has not) No reason to lie about, atleast say we a working on it, Well if it was worked on these little things would be fixed already and I wouldn't have to post about it.

As a paying subscriber and crown buyer I feel I want to get my moneys worth, so does everyone else. I would love to see Higher Accuracy%'s on 45+ gear. especially 50. The highest Accuracy I seen was only 7%. 7% is nothing at all. Even with 10% Accuracy spinning around I can still predict Fizzle rate. 12% I think would be ok, but 20% would be way better.

Something else that was address in a later post by someone, still not fixed

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
if u hate DragonSpyre so much fool around with some gobblers in coulususs blvd.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Wondoo wrote:
if u hate DragonSpyre so much fool around with some gobblers in coulususs blvd.

Why all the bickering about DS? I am here to tell you I have not died yet and I have mostly soloed it. Save for Malistares Laire which requires at least two wizards because of the lock system. If it wasn't for the lock system I think I could have tackled the whole dungeon on my own.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
DS is the best world! It acutally presents a challenge to most players which i find a whole lot more entertaining. I'm mainly a solo player and i've managed to do those little dungeons by myself. You should at least try doing the dungeons alone before asking for your friends to help. Or another way to do it is to make friends who have the same quest as you and that way you can do Ds together.

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 Pyromancer

Survivor
May 02, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
I guess you need some challenges. My biggest issue was the dungeons where they had about 20 floors up to get to the boss or the item you needed to collect. Those were very hard for me, and thats when i got annoyed. Dragonspyre is interesting, but then again sort of sad-looking. Thats also what brought me down. Its not like sunny, happy, and green Mooshu. I also got very angry about the labyrinth. My friends knew it took FOREVER to complete, so refused to help me. I guess DS isnt that bad, but what ticks me off is how long everything takes. Then ur friends ditch you, cause they wanna bedoing something else.

Basilica
I agree with you. You're right, Dragonspyre is not as sunny as Mooshu. That brought me down too. The Labyrinth did take forever and so did some of the quests they gave me. I have been working with my friend with a lot of my quests because we have the same ones. It has helped me a lot. I had the same problems with the 20 floors to either to get to the boss or find the item you need. And I find it really annoying that if you accidently press the button to go home or to the Basilica and then you can't go back and teleport to your friend. I find that's annoying because it happened several times and then we need to start all over again.

Autumn Level 47 (Almost 48)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
lovepauline wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
I guess you need some challenges. My biggest issue was the dungeons where they had about 20 floors up to get to the boss or the item you needed to collect. Those were very hard for me, and thats when i got annoyed. Dragonspyre is interesting, but then again sort of sad-looking. Thats also what brought me down. Its not like sunny, happy, and green Mooshu. I also got very angry about the labyrinth. My friends knew it took FOREVER to complete, so refused to help me. I guess DS isnt that bad, but what ticks me off is how long everything takes. Then ur friends ditch you, cause they wanna bedoing something else.

Basilica
I agree with you. You're right, Dragonspyre is not as sunny as Mooshu. That brought me down too. The Labyrinth did take forever and so did some of the quests they gave me. I have been working with my friend with a lot of my quests because we have the same ones. It has helped me a lot. I had the same problems with the 20 floors to either to get to the boss or find the item you need. And I find it really annoying that if you accidently press the button to go home or to the Basilica and then you can't go back and teleport to your friend. I find that's annoying because it happened several times and then we need to start all over again.

Autumn Level 47 (Almost 48)
YEA RIGHT DS IS THE BEST IM ONLY LEVEL 30 AND I HELPED MY COUSIN THROUGH IT! Sure it dosnt have sunlight but ms has its mistakes too Kyle Ironhead lvl 30