Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worst World EVER

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
12
um he not killing any body yet but he wants to summon the dragon titan which would kill EVERYBODY so ya he needs to go down

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
1
I think Dragon Spyre was indeed a very hard world, but hey it is the last world in the Spiral! It cant be too easy. All you have to do is have good friends who can give you a little help when you need it!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
1
IamLezul wrote:
See my real problem is those dungeons. I was helping a friend lvl up his other character, right, and we were doing the dungeon for the crystaline queen spider quest. So we were about half way to being done when he tells me he has 11 mana. Oh, thats GREAT :(! So we go into one more battle when he says he has no mana left. Ok, so basically, its up to me. He went towards the door out, but i stopped him. I mean, we have to at least keep trying. We finally get to the queen when i have about 900 life. But we couldnt give up hope so i tried. So the boss is balance which resists like 99.9% of my spells. So we're pretty much fried. So then i was down to 300 and I had no healing spell to choose. He couldnt heal me, he had no mana. Then he got down to 300, too. AGain i couldnt heal him or me. SO i die, im done for and we failed. Once he dies, he dies, then we would have to start all dang over again.....IF we start over again.
Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I had that happen a million of times. It's so frusrating. Now I have a system. I fill all my bottles (the purple bottles you have to fill when you play minigames) and take a friend and suggest them to make sure they have all their health and mana and have all their bottles full. Something that also helps is get healing treasure cards. It doesnt hurt to have them. When you're about to die, you can just discard something and use the healing spell. Dont think of it as noob cause it's not. It's being smart:) Thanks for listening:) I'll cya around, Myth student Destiny DreamSong lvl 48:) stop by and say hi(:

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
33
skydragon13 wrote:
I have also been pretty frustrated by Dragonspyre. However, it is the final world, so what can you expect but for it to be challenging? I'm glad it's hard, because some areas of the other worlds have been too easy. I think it makes sense for the world that ends with the battle against Malistaire to be difficult.


One~ Dragonspyre is not the final world Grizzleheim is.
Two ~ Dragonspyre is supposed to be hard because of Malistare that raided Dragonspyre with all the tough bosses. The dragons from him on the streets . . . the ghostly wizards Malistare must have brainwashed or something just a thought lol :) . So thats my point ;) .

~ pineapple PEACE! :P

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
33
Dragonspyre is what technically the game is all about beacause of Malistare so if you dont like that world you wont like the rest of the game. The whole game is about Malistare defeating him who caused the stress in the spiral. So dont hate Dragonspyre or dont play the game.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
33
sanmil0963 wrote:
I totally disagree with you. DS is one of the worlds that I enjoyed the most. Being sent on a quest to get a crystal and turning around to find you are surrounded by spiders. I have fought many of the battles by myself and enjoyed every second of it. Why bother playing a game if you want it to get easier. The whole purpose is to continue to challenge yourself, to make you think of ways to defeat the bad guys.

My only regret is that I am at the end and there are no more challenges for my favorite and first character. I have defeated Grizzleheim and have only Malistaire left. I hope that KI comes up with something new and soon. I really enjoy playing with my myth character. Yes, I know that you can create other characters, but the surprise isn't there any longer. You know what to expect which makes it easier.

Suri Spiritrider Lvl 50


Exactly . . . if you dont enjoy it dont play it or do it ;) .

~ pineapple PEACE! :P

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
pineapple24253 wrote:
skydragon13 wrote:
I have also been pretty frustrated by Dragonspyre. However, it is the final world, so what can you expect but for it to be challenging? I'm glad it's hard, because some areas of the other worlds have been too easy. I think it makes sense for the world that ends with the battle against Malistaire to be difficult.


One~ Dragonspyre is not the final world Grizzleheim is.
Two ~ Dragonspyre is supposed to be hard because of Malistare that raided Dragonspyre with all the tough bosses. The dragons from him on the streets . . . the ghostly wizards Malistare must have brainwashed or something just a thought lol :-) . So thats my point ;) .

~ pineapple PEACE! :-P



Hem, hem. ACTUALLY, what he meant was DS is the last world for Malistaire. AND, grizzleheim is not the last world out there. Many other worlds like astral and the candy place greyrose is from are all in the spiral. We just dont have access to them. So, the spiral is on-going and the last world is one we dont know of. Well, that is the logic of it. Yes, GH is the latest world we can go to, but in the future we will be able to go to more.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
3
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father Drake, and The Labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!

I have to say that I totally disagree with you. For me, Marleybone was the worst world. A dungeon that was too hard at the time (Kensington Park), and a very depressing feeling towards the player. But hey, part of it might just be that my computer sucks and that it kept freezing. :?

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
wow dude come on i know the guys are rank 8,9 and 10 but its fun besides i beat malistare already but with help come on since i'm death when i was an adept i beat the terrorwing in the plaza of conquests why? because it was life but the reson i disagree with you is the guys in ds drop really expensive stuff i sell all the stuff i got from ds in the ds itself why? because bazaar rips you off i compared the prices in ds you get 300 more gold then at bazaar i know insane. but come on to prove i beat malistare the badge i got from killing him was savior of the spiral see proof i tell you ds is BEST WORLD EVER!

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
89
sanmil0963 wrote:
I totally disagree with you. DS is one of the worlds that I enjoyed the most. Being sent on a quest to get a crystal and turning around to find you are surrounded by spiders. I have fought many of the battles by myself and enjoyed every second of it. Why bother playing a game if you want it to get easier. The whole purpose is to continue to challenge yourself, to make you think of ways to defeat the bad guys.

My only regret is that I am at the end and there are no more challenges for my favorite and first character. I have defeated Grizzleheim and have only Malistaire left. I hope that KI comes up with something new and soon. I really enjoy playing with my myth character. Yes, I know that you can create other characters, but the surprise isn't there any longer. You know what to expect which makes it easier.

Suri Spiritrider Lvl 50


Fully agreed! I enjoy a certant amount of challenge, it makes the game more fun, when I fought Tomugawa the evil (Mooshu) It took me multible tries to come up with a good way to beat him (I was pretty much pure death at the time, with some myth spells that I never decided to put in my deck, lol) But then the overall challenge led to a more rewarding victory. So if you dont like the game, dont play, or just stay in wizardcity forever if you dont like any challenges, the rest of us enjoy playing a game that you need to use your noggin to play.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
10
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!
I agree compleatly!!! i have not finished it yet no friends will help and those who were lower lvls are already grandmasters!!!
I HATE DRAGONSPYRE!!!!!!!! :x

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
91
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!


Well to me Dragonspyre is and isn't the best world. For one I have to agree with you about friends not wanting to help you. Because the ONLY quest that anyone would help me on was defeating Malistaire! I had to do everything else myself! Then when I was done they all wanted me to turn around and help them! I told them that they wouldn't help me so they cut their friendship! MAJOR JERKS!There was only one guy that I helped cause we were friends since I joined and have always helped each other out.
But there are some good things going with it, I have the best robes for my person and the best everything! So now whatever I get I can sell for a mountain of gold at the Bazaar and can fill my house with stuff!
So I have to say 50:50

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
40
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!


I totally agree. Difficult is fine, length for its own sake is annoying.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
40
TJ1999 wrote:
you all are wrong dragon spire is FUN! The reasson you dont like it because you dont have good friends. go try to find some. like me i will be in dragon spire near ivan the boss at the drake hatchery. p.s. i will be on sever ambrose ! cya around :D


The one thing I agree with is the concept of challenge. At the beginning rewards come easily, and as the game progresses, the rewards become less frequent yet higher in value. Especially in Mooshu, even as the game was getting tougher, the storyline and visuals made up for it. Then all of a sudden when you hit DS, the learning curve stops being a curve and starts being an ice-encrusted vertical climb.

Even with friends, it is a considerable investment of time, and one should consider whether that same investment can reap greater returns elsewhere.

You've got to hope your friends are on when you are, but the multiple levels upon levels and the multiplicity of towers can often cross the line from challenging to tedious.

I have met some good people in the game, and I can see the point of those who enjoy it. But, I agree with the original post. They crossed the line from challenge into tedious gameplay.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
1
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!


Dragonspyre is horrible! It gives less xp than Mooshu but its way harder!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
DaddyMichael wrote:
TJ1999 wrote:
you all are wrong dragon spire is FUN! The reasson you dont like it because you dont have good friends. go try to find some. like me i will be in dragon spire near ivan the boss at the drake hatchery. p.s. i will be on sever ambrose ! cya around :D


The one thing I agree with is the concept of challenge. At the beginning rewards come easily, and as the game progresses, the rewards become less frequent yet higher in value. Especially in Mooshu, even as the game was getting tougher, the storyline and visuals made up for it. Then all of a sudden when you hit DS, the learning curve stops being a curve and starts being an ice-encrusted vertical climb.

Even with friends, it is a considerable investment of time, and one should consider whether that same investment can reap greater returns elsewhere.

You've got to hope your friends are on when you are, but the multiple levels upon levels and the multiplicity of towers can often cross the line from challenging to tedious.

I have met some good people in the game, and I can see the point of those who enjoy it. But, I agree with the original post. They crossed the line from challenge into tedious gameplay.


Exactly. At first it was fun and very cool! I didnt mind it was harder than any other world. Then all of a sudden i have to defeat 50 spiders to end up getting only ONE of the 5 things! Ridiculous!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
17
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!


:x : :x Well if you say that then dont play the game. It's the best world . What are you a mad person.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
steven1218 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!


:x : :x well if you say that then dont play its the best best worldbest world what are you a mad person


no, i believe you are the mad person.

Defender
May 18, 2009
122
rtyy wrote:
ok,now DS is awesome well for grnads like me :D. Its challenging but fun you get lots of xp,and there i went to level 49 to 50 so i would say that MarleyBone is the worst world.


I agree. Marleybone is way worse then Dragonspyre. All those side quests? BORING. I am sick of all those side quests! Compared to Dragonspyre, Marleybone takes the award for most side quests!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
hunter33333 wrote:
rtyy wrote:
ok,now DS is awesome well for grnads like me :D. Its challenging but fun you get lots of xp,and there i went to level 49 to 50 so i would say that MarleyBone is the worst world.


I agree. Marleybone is way worse then Dragonspyre. All those side quests? BORING. I am sick of all those side quests! Compared to Dragonspyre, Marleybone takes the award for most side quests!


However, marleybone is very easy compared to the junk you have to do in DS.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
90
IamLezul wrote:
Welcome to Dragonspyre, The worst world ever! Here, you will see some of the most hated sights, like Orin Grimcaster, Father DRake, and The labyrinth. Your friends wont want to help you, you will spend hours looking for help, you wont complete your quest until your lvl 18 friend turns 50. You will encounter some mini-dungeons that take forever! You will work hard and it wont be worth ANYTHING! So come to Dragonspyre, you'll be sorry you did!
its not that bad even now i use dragonspire a way of leveling up like moo shu 8)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
3
i like dragonspyre but i do also get abit annoyed i see that i get frustrated with how little xp i get from doing a quest which drives my parents crazy because i cant leave or i will lose and my parents want to get on. so i dont hate this world but i dont like it

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
24
i had a close call in dragonspyre. i was in secure house and had only one person with me. i believe his name was steven redflame. i made it to the boss with him but unfortunatly, he died. i didnt have any healing spells because they werent in my hand. he had to flee so i had to finish the battle. That lady almost killed me but i finished her off with stormzilla. my remaining health was 61. and i got the life sword from her too. LUCKY ME! :P :-P

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
35
I agree, DS gives only 1000 xp , half of Mooshu which may be half as easy.
Towers are SO annoying and I wouldnt want to help a friend in DS so I dont blame your friends So long too, I'm pretty sure it's longer than Marleybone or anything else

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
17