Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Don't go there

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2009
I think that if you can't go to world you shouldn't be able to go there.An example my brother plays to he's not a very high level but he teleports to his friends and he's in Dragonspyere!!!!!!!!!! I think that if you teleport to a higher level friend and he/she is at a place you can't go it should say-Sorry name is busy.Just a thought.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
zookamoola wrote:
I think that if you can't go to world you shouldn't be able to go there.An example my brother plays to he's not a very high level but he teleports to his friends and he's in Dragonspyere!!!!!!!!!! I think that if you teleport to a higher level friend and he/she is at a place you can't go it should say-Sorry name is busy.Just a thought.

I agree with this because I am growing really tired of seeing elvel 5's with badges from Dragonspyre under their name all because they ported to a friend and they walked around while they killed things.

Should have to be earned not just "Hey I know a GrandMaster why should I have to work myself."

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
I totally agree.

Normally you have to complete quests to unlock the world gate.

Bypassing it with a friends teleport in my book is a cheat.

Getting the "Spiral Savior" badge at an Adept level by porting to friends
in the end game is a cheat.

Jumping into fights at the last minute just to get treasure you don't
deserve at your level in a world you dont belong in is a cheat.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
zookamoola wrote:

Although I can understand your point, I also kind of disagree a bit too...A lot depends on the circumstances of how/why your brother is in those areas. If he's just popping in univited, there's a problem. But if his friends are inviting him to those areas, then he has that 'permission' so to say. And as such, he has the right to play/visit into otherwise 'unreachable' areas when invited to play.

What I'd prefer is that there was a feature that distinguished between invited and uninvited lower level players in the higher level game members lists. So as to keep uninvited players out of the higher game areas when you're in the middle of an instance or quest battle.

I say this because I've been to areas when lower level myself...But only when INVITED (besides being fire, my secondary school is heal) to join in the battles or special instances by higher level players on my friends list. Just as my husband and I also invite specific friends on our mutual lists that happen to be lower levels themselves currently, but really great fun to battle with. That's why the 'join friend' feature is there, for players to invite other players to their areas and allow friend game play with those on your list.

When there's an invite, there's no problem with lower level players participating in my opinion. That's what that join feature is for to begin with. And those that pop into our battles univited, usually get removed pretty quickly from our lists, unless it was an honest mistake on their part joining a fight.

We've made it pretty clear to our friends on our lists, to pm us first before joining us anywhere in the game, to ensure that they're not inviting more then we can chew off when they do join us in those other locations. LOL!

Survivor
May 14, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
zookamoola wrote:

Although I can understand your point, I also kind of disagree a bit too...A lot depends on the circumstances of how/why your brother is in those areas. If he's just popping in univited, there's a problem. But if his friends are inviting him to those areas, then he has that 'permission' so to say. And as such, he has the right to play/visit into otherwise 'unreachable' areas when invited to play.

What I'd prefer is that there was a feature that distinguished between invited and uninvited lower level players in the higher level game members lists. So as to keep uninvited players out of the higher game areas when you're in the middle of an instance or quest battle.

I say this because I've been to areas when lower level myself...But only when INVITED (besides being fire, my secondary school is heal) to join in the battles or special instances by higher level players on my friends list. Just as my husband and I also invite specific friends on our mutual lists that happen to be lower levels themselves currently, but really great fun to battle with. That's why the 'join friend' feature is there, for players to invite other players to their areas and allow friend game play with those on your list.

When there's an invite, there's no problem with lower level players participating in my opinion. That's what that join feature is for to begin with. And those that pop into our battles univited, usually get removed pretty quickly from our lists, unless it was an honest mistake on their part joining a fight.

We've made it pretty clear to our friends on our lists, to pm us first before joining us anywhere in the game, to ensure that they're not inviting more then we can chew off when they do join us in those other locations. LOL!

Never thought of it that way good point.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
It can be fair if they go there because i got the oni slayer badge way too early But i earned it by fighting oni. what you think about it is ok but i did earn it.