Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mounts Poll Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Greetings Wizards!

I am getting excited about the thought of Wizards zooming around on new mounts in the Spiral soon! Which mount do you think will be the best?

Results
What mount are you most excited about?
Brooms 16%
Horses 10%
Cats 14%
Dragons 56%
None 3%

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I think all of them will be just awesome!! I love the fact that Kings Isle
is always working to make this game interesting and never boring!!
LOVE IT! :-)

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
As much as I love the idea of riding around on dragons, I really love the brooms. It just seems more like a classic wizard/witch ride, IMHO.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
well for my balance and myth a fitting dragon would match..

as for my death i want an all black horse MWAHAHAHAHAH to match my all black outfit..

um for an fire character and storm i will use cat heh

life broom..

the rest either horses or brooms

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
Well, Krokopatra I like both the broom and dragon mount. Seems great to me! Flying around in Wizard City terrifying noobs by your menacing dragon! Yea... perfect..... heh heh heh. BWHAHAHHAHAH *cough cough*

P.S. Your voice is weird KROKOPATRA!

P.S.2 I FUNALLY DEFEATED YOU! HA HA HA

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Dragon and it would be cool to give it a name like the drakes in dragonspyre. Fire rules all the rest drools

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
they need to make a way where you can change the color of your mount because some people love there robes. i know i do

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
i think i will get a dragon like maybe matching my clothes lol(like that will ever happen) but i might get a broom or cat for my magus

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Krokopatra wrote:
Greetings Wizards!

I am getting excited about the thought of Wizards zooming around on new mounts in the Spiral soon! Which mount do you think will be the best?
hey its tanner, i think all mounts are sick, everyone voted for at least one, so put all the types in so everyone likes the mounts!

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I think my favorite would have to be dragons. i have always wanted to ride around on one in wizard101 . Thanks to the Kingsisle team for making such an AWESOME game, you rock!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I think that a dragon world would be cool :D you could fly up there if you had a dragon

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
i dunno. My jury is still out. :) I've tried the broom and the dragon. While the dragon is just fun, it seemed to me the broom worked better on the sidewalks. The dragon feels "clumsy" to me...I get "stuck" more. Honestly, I haven't had a chance to really see if the mounts make getting around the game that much faster or not.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I'm a late joiner so I wasnt around when there were no mounts available. I have two permanent ones.

A couple of suggestions that I think would make great new mount additions are magic carpets, and automobiles (like the kind you see in Marleybone).

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
yoyoman2741 wrote:
they need to make a way where you can change the color of your mount because some people love there robes. i know i do
I am with you on this .I love the blue Dragon but its not perment. I would love a Dark Blue and White one

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
Krokopatra wrote:
Greetings Wizards!

wow i didn't know u can post will u go easy on me when i battle u UR AWSOME

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Sneaks911 wrote:
A proper wizard flies a broom!

then im not a proper wizard! lol.

I like the brooms a lot because it reminds me of QUIDDITCH!!!

I love de horses and cats because I LOVE HORSEYS AND CATS!

YEA!!!!!

Krokopatra: You should be stronger, I defeated you! And your voice is so weird.... and your laugh....

Donna S.
"The world would be mundane without Harry Potter and Warriors." 8)

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
I would pick Dragon (AND MY CHARACTER IS ICE) I don't know why, or should I get a lion? (thinks for twelve hours) I am making a fire Wizard, FINAL ANSWER P.S. PEPSI RULES! :D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I want to hover on my hoover(stand up vacuum cleaner), but since those aren't in, the broom has my vote. Very wizardly. 8)

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
While I like most mounts I am going by what mount is easiest to use and least annoying all around:

I will pick a Broom, not because I like it the most, I don't. But the reason I pick a broom is because it's the easiest to use and gives the most pleasing ride experience for your wizard and your viewing experience. Large animals are hard to see around when your wizard is backed up to a wall and you turn the view from right to left. Also the animals often give bumpy rides and are very noisy, brooms ride smooth and quietly...like having Stealth...lol. Brooms fit in better in most areas and are much easier to use in "high-pull" areas like Marleybone, in other words you are a little less likely to get pulled in to battle on a broom in a harder to get around area like this one.

My least favorite is the Dragon. While it looks cool it is not fun to use in many instances because it sits so much higher off the ground and also takes up so much area on the screen, especially when backed up against a wall. Dragons were actually my first mounts, one for my old Storm wizard, a purple one, and one for my Fire wizard; a red one...of course. But I really regret getting those, though not as much the one for Storm, it really fits her look with her purple Guardian outfit. But with Fire I ended up putting the dragon aside and giving her a Tiger that she uses much more often.

My favorites are the cats, but they still have their problems too. I just like cats a lot.

The horses took a while to grow on me, I don't like horses in real life so it is surprising I am using them on here, and it took accidentally buying one that was on sale for me to enjoy the experience at all. But I liked it enough that I bought a black one for my newest, and second, Storm wizard, who is mostly dressed in black and she looks really good on it. But like the dragons, the horses (mostly) sit so high off the ground that it is often hard to see around them.