Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Storm Minion is useless.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
Okay so, I noticed this a lot of times but all the storm minion does is use elemental shield, absorb, ghoul, and taunt. Usually it only does taunt at the moment. But seriously I don't wanna 1v1 because I think its useless. The minion shields its self intead of you and it doesn't help you out much. If its a storm minion I would like to see storm storm spells and some improvements done to the Storm minion. It would be a good help for it in a 1v1 match.

-Goodwill

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
The storm minion is made for pve, not pvp. I would think they made it like this so storm wizards can solo more easily because the minion taunts the enemy and then the enemy focuses on him and not you.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I agree with Firedragon. It is very similar to the Minotaur minion. By the way, if you compare the Storm, Ice, and Fire Minions, only the fire exclusively attacks with its own type of spell. The Ice one only does is rarely, with Snow Serpent and Frost beetle. Most of the time, it attacks with fire and storm moves. Maybe an improvement would be to make taunt somewhat useful in pvp. Just a thought.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
<blockquote>
<div>
<cite>Firedragon491 wrote:</cite>The storm minion is made for pve, not pvp. I would think they made it like this so storm wizards can solo more easily because the minion taunts the enemy and then the enemy focuses on him and not you.[/quot

you named the only upside to a minion lol i have used minion only once and he uses all my traps using dark faire and stuff that probbally took five turns putting them there so its a total waste to me and i think death has the hardest
quest for it you have to defeat someone who has 1,000 life NINE! TIMES! I COULD CARE LESS IF THERE WAS A MINION OR NOT! its just my opinion

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
Well thats good, but I would love to see a storm spell from the storm minion.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Storm minion could, with minor alterations, be effective in PvP AND PvE.

Its MO is clearly to become a target for misdirection. Taunt works during PvE but not PvP; if Taunt were made to work during PvP, that alone would make the Minion more useful. But that sort of falls under the heading of Beguile effects, and the overwhelming response to that - in Treasure Card Factory form, anyway - is generally negative.

I think instead of this though, if it were given more 'counter' effects instead of casting shield after shield after shield on itself, that would be amazing. Why doesn't Storm Minion use Black Mantle, for example? It fits the bill perfectly, as it counters your wizard's inherently low health with the possibility of a fizzle.

If Storm Minion stuck to like the following moves:
The tri-shields (for that matter, Tower Shield?)
Taunt
Black Mantle
A Storm Trap spell (Windstorm would be sauce but now I'm being ridiculous)

...instead of weird pointless stuff like Ghoul and Spirit Armor, it would be useful both in and out of PvP.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
if storm minions do make attacks then storm school would be a little too overpowered wouldnt it? and yes i have a storm wizard too.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
Yea it would be unfair buy if you are in 2v2 through 3v3 join with a balance lvl aighteen or higher because he will know Mander Minion and it shields all of the people it is in battle with and it can attack too with moves like sandstorm and locust swarm :-P

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
well actually the storm minion could be helpful in a way because

you could sacrifice him for pips to attack early

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Ihe reason is beacuse the fact storm is already storng if it had the best minion, then storm would be unbeatable. Also the storm minion is NOT made for PVP. It is made for stragaty. The minion would use shields then it would use taunt on foes so the enemy would not attack you and attack him. (also he would use ghoul in case his health gets low) Start to get the idea ;) Also enraged minotaurs (myth minions) do the same thing exept enraged minotaurs use tower shield not elemental shield.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
well actually the storm minion could be helpful in a way because

you could sacrifice him for pips to attack early

But the problem with this is that the storm minion attacks on the 12th turn not n the 5th but all it attacks with is ghoul as far as i've seen.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
kylebe611 wrote:
I agree with Firedragon. It is very similar to the Minotaur minion. By the way, if you compare the Storm, Ice, and Fire Minions, only the fire exclusively attacks with its own type of spell. The Ice one only does is rarely, with Snow Serpent and Frost beetle. Most of the time, it attacks with fire and storm moves. Maybe an improvement would be to make taunt somewhat useful in pvp. Just a thought.

The ice minion does frost beetle, fire elf, storm shark, and ghoul it does not do snow serpent and it acctually attacks often

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I agree that the Storm Minion is worthless. Storm being a secondary charater, I was delighted when I got a call for a spell. Minion quest, then I did a test run in Krok, minion threw sheilds around itsself, issued taunt, sheilds around self, etc. Didnt attack, give me sheilds, or anything else, just the aforementioned. Worthless. Took it out of my deck. For three pips i could attack. Not that minion though. I realize that storm has powerful attacks but even my balance minion throws me some sheilds, etc., and attacks. Storm minion, what a waste!!!!!.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
GoodWill wrote:
Okay so, I noticed this a lot of times but all the storm minion does is use elemental shield, absorb, ghoul, and taunt. Usually it only does taunt at the moment. But seriously I don't wanna 1v1 because I think its useless. The minion shields its self intead of you and it doesn't help you out much. If its a storm minion I would like to see storm storm spells and some improvements done to the Storm minion. It would be a good help for it in a 1v1 match.

-Goodwill

I agree. It does taunts and puts shields on itself ONLY! I mean, i'm personally NOT a storm student, but when ever one of my friends use it, i'm pretty much like well, duh whats the point? Come on KI, this is the worst idea on w101! (not to say that there is "alot" of horrible stuff on w101, but......well.....we'll just leave it at that.......)

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I see why you are upset with the Minion.
When I hit level 18, did the quest to get my minion. I was excited!! WOO! PARTY

Then, I fought.
And I just saw.
The
Same
Thing
Over
And
Over
Again.

But when I hit Grandmaster and went onto my Balance (48) I saw someone asking me why does the storm minion do this.
It took me awhile to think.
I realized
It's because, Storm School is strong enough.

The reason it does (Taunt) is because it wants You to be able to kill them while it is killing the Minion, and the shields make it longer lasting so they keep hitting your minion and keep hitting your minion, so it will eventually die...

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
What's even more sad is the real money treasure card booster pack minion (the storm one) represents what the storm minion -should- be.

What cracks me up is the other schools pets cast storm spells yet the storm minion casts death?

Someone help me figure out the logic in this.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
I use my Storm Minion a LOT. My idea on why it doesn't use Storm Spells at all is, when you're level 28, you get tempest, and if the minion goes around storm sharking left and right, you will really need a sacrifice minion spell ;)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Those spells aren't just plain-old spells. It shields itself for a reason. Because it casts taunt (you probably know it has that spell), and the threat gets generated, then that spell makes all of the enemies start attacking the person who casted it all of a sudden.
Caroline Sunbright
Master Life Level 49

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I have both Balance and Storm wizards. The Storm Guardian for storm is useless except as a punch buddy, damage absorber. The Storm Servant is much more useful and inflicts a great amount of damage with his spells. When I first got the Balance version of the spell I was thinking this is useless. I saw it in action and changed my mind. I now love the storm version and smile when he comes to play. Balance has the best combat pets. Myth, Death, Ice have good ones. Life's gets useless fast... likes to heal itself way too much. Fire does little to help its master. But, storm is pretty useless. I used it to solo but, not after I hit 50.

Charles TitanBreaker Storm Grandmaster
John WildWalker Life Grandmaster
John SoulThief Death Grandmaster
John SunHunter Balance Master 45
Chales FrostHammer Ice Adept level 30
Charles OgreBlood Myth level 20

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Don'y complain about storm minion because fire minion is just as well exept backwards he is better with pvp not pve

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
GoodWill wrote:

-Goodwill
- I agree the storm minion is completely useless. no sotrm spells= what the heck! I had to fight 2 kraken things that really resist storm spells to find out the storm minion hardly helps me out! this needs to be changed to where the storm minion is able to do storm attacks, and powerful ones at that