Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

changing hairstyles

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Great idea!

I've been thinking it would be nice to change my hairstyle every now and again, but didn't think about posting the thought.

Thanks for being much wiser that I am :D

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
I agree with more hairstyles. I'm bald and would like my wizard to reflect that. The option not to wear hats would be nice also.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
i think that changing your hair styles would be great because i messed up on the color and style. :( Sophia death flower, level 29, i almost always in realm vampire

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I think it a awesome idea to change you hair! :D Sophia death flower, level 29, ( i in the arena a lot. )

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
MarchHare wrote:
The whole idea of making your wizard in the first place is that your supposed to say: "This is going to be what my wizard is going to look like at lvl 50." So you HAVE to choose then and ONLY then what it looks like. People would be changing their wizards back and forth, left to right, it would get all confusing! I mean, say I have a friend with a green pony tail that's named Kelly PixieFlower. Then she turns it to a pink long hair style with the name Mary IceFriend. Then to something else! She wouldn't be the same wizard, she would be 50 other wizards! You would get caught up as to if that really IS your friend or someone totally different! What if she changes her name when your not online so you don't know what she changed it to. You might delete her on accident and then think she deleted you! That would cause lots of problems!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

But the problem is that many didn't know when they joined just how involved they'd get in this and how long they'd be with a wizard; I would assume that most people who join this game and are in the middle of picking an identity have no clue that there are 50 levels! A name that sounded cool at the beginning may not now as you've aged with your wizard.

Same or even more so with hairstyles and facial expressions. Say you liked the dopey look when you are just starting but now that you want to be taken seriously ... Or you might have thought you needed a mean expression but now with so many friends you'd rather smile. Especially since this game is aimed at kids and teens: think about how many opportunities there are to change clothes in this game ... are you really saying that they should never change their hairstyle too?!?!

If KI is looking for a ripe opportunity to have us spend gold and crowns, they'll jump at opening up hair salons at the very least! If it gets tested in test realm, I bet the numbers on this would be through the pixel-ated roof!

I vote for hair and face change. And, not that I want to change mine, I can see the desire for new names!

Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

I agree, just not the name changing! I dont like my name very much but i dont care, when i finish the game then it will be alright! I've expeireced the stuff. I know what pretty names are and arent. So just only take the HAIRSTYLES and the FACES, okay? And if you really WANTED the name thing, when you change yours, instead of your friend almost deleting you, it will send a notice to all your friends that you changed your name and what your name is, so when they get on they will know not to delete you.
-luna0616

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
It's a good idea to have a barber shop/hairdressers in the shopping district, a great idea to be able to change hair colour and style.

As a parent I dont much like the idea of tattoos and would they be seen anyway? Where do you plan to put your tattoo?

I think changing names is akin to putting up a signpost pointing the way to mayhem and confusion. If you dont like your name in real life it really isnt so easy to change it - and it WILL cuase upset and duress to your friends.

I think the paint shop should permit dying/painting of dragons. That would be cool. I also think the paint shop should be able to 'mark' or 'brand' dragons and mounts with your school logo.

I'd like to see our wizards in adjoining properties with a dragon/mount stables where the mounts of the wizards not being played are housed - complete with exercise arena. And blankets for those resting - as drops, perhaps? Or buyable from the bazaar.

I'd like to see extensions for sale in the castle shops - I'd love a swimming pool, tennis court, conservertory, etc...

I'd like to become a millionaire with vivid purple hair that reaches my knees and flies behind me when I'm flying my dragon.

I'd like to be able to pop balloons and find a prize inside, either as a mini game or a fun and irrelevent drop.

I'd like chocolate and I'd like it now.

I'd like to think my kids wont read this... :P

Defender
May 31, 2009
KI plz let us wear no novice hat plz plz plz and add a barber shop, and since i have curly hair in life it wouldnt hurt to add long curly hair

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
ok, i COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!! maybe a tatoo on the arm, or on the hand would be cool. And new hairstyles would be AWESOME!!!!! also expressions would be wicked sweet!!!!! and i hate to say it but, no name changing, it really would be confusing. sorry if this is all wrong, its very late here.

-keira willowwhisper Lvl. 50 thaumaturge

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
grogglelet wrote:
It's a good idea to have a barber shop/hairdressers in the shopping district, a great idea to be able to change hair colour and style.

As a parent I dont much like the idea of tattoos and would they be seen anyway? Where do you plan to put your tattoo?

I think changing names is akin to putting up a signpost pointing the way to mayhem and confusion. If you dont like your name in real life it really isnt so easy to change it - and it WILL cuase upset and duress to your friends.
I have to agree. I can't tell you the number of players that have started their character quickly and gotten that green pigtail look for their storm character or some other unseemly dye job for a grand. I am not sure what it would take to change the programming for a barber shop/hairdresser, but some characters really NEED the services.
grogglelet wrote:
I'd like to see extensions for sale in the castle shops - I'd love a swimming pool, tennis court, conservertory, etc...

I'd like to become a millionaire with vivid purple hair that reaches my knees and flies behind me when I'm flying my dragon.

I'd like to be able to pop balloons and find a prize inside, either as a mini game or a fun and irrelevent drop.

I'd like chocolate and I'd like it now.

I'd like to think my kids wont read this... :P
Agreed, especially the last two! lol

Long curly hair would a be nice addition to the options of styles also.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
ation000 wrote:
ya and i want to change names too really i don't like my wizard name my name is oran griffincoin
Oran GriffinCoin there is no way they would make a place that you can change your name. Not to be mean though, but if you changed your name, your friends would think you are someone else they don't know, so they would delete you. When I made my account, I carefully made my name. It is Valdus DeathShade.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
that would be cool i go 5/5 for hair changing 4/5 for exppresion 0/ 100000000000000000000000000000 for name changing expression nice idea 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Personally i think a <restyle Ticket> or something along those lines would be a great item for the Crowns shop. Perhaps a single ticket that allows a restyle of hair or face. perhaps even one for a name change, real friends would find a way to reconnect, if not... then probably not worth it anyway. Lets face facts, few if any MMOs out there restrict ones over all look, they all allow for cosmetic changes post creation, even in real live people tend to change their overall look regularly. i would love to see a Hair salon or Face changer, or maybe even a shop to change boy/girl. This could be yet another option for KI to increase the money they take in which will increase the effort put back into the game, win win situation.

But that aside, what i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see is an option to turn off the XP bar or auto hide when you hit 50.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Ok guys the hair style idea is awesome but plz.A tatoo?Really this is a wizard game for like kids. Joseph Hexblood lvl 42 fire master

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
fighter314 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think it would be a good idea to change your hair style in the middle of the game. It would benefit a lot of people in my opinion. :)

I agree! I'm getting tired of my usual just straight hair. Give us girls some fun KI!

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
Tina4ever wrote:
agree and maybe tatoos as well

Please remember this is a PG game.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
i know!!!! it would be AWESOME to be able to change your hair style and hair color!!!!!! that would be good for me cause i made my wizards hair LIGHT BLUE!!! cause that used to be my FAVORITE color now its back!!! can we plz be able to change hairstyles!!!!!!!! AND colors!!!!!!!!!

-olivia griffindust

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
Tina4ever wrote:
agree and maybe tatoos as well

TATOOS?!?!!! REALLY?!!!! well on second thought, that would be SICKLY!!! XD i would SOOOOOOO get a spiderweb tatoo if we could!!!!! XD

-olivia deathcaster lvl 30

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
well actually i also wanna change my face because i truly look like a girl with red hair although im a pyromancer oh and also for my flexibility you can do things like change skin tone and eye color in separate things (pardon me if this is possible i haven't taken the test in a while

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I'm with everyone else on this one. I think we should be able to change our hair style and the color of it. I wanted my character to look like me, but it was kind of limited. So I chose the best one.

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
Ok, the tattoo idea-

It could be on our arm or face but not called tattoo!

Called Face Paint or School Mark.

This is for the good of the smaller kids who play- we don't want to loose the family touch in the game :)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
Changing my Hairstyle? Yes, Yes, Yes.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love KingsIsle adding Short curled hair. :P I love short curled hair.
The idea about a barber shop is cool, so you can change your hairstyle all the time. ( Maybe for a little fee? Like 50 coins??)

But I HATE the idea changing your name !!! It would be, like if every wizard could be around the 2.000.000 Wizards at once!

~Jessica Starrider :-D

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
i certainly agree with this topic.
when i started wizard 101 i went through the process of clothing hair and skin, however that was almost a year ago now, im ashamed to show my face!! i allways wear cover up headdresses to cover my hair.

perhaps if we are patient the wizard 101 crew will listen to our pleas.

we may not know it, but perhaps they are working on it at this very moment!

thanks.
anna stormstrider, ice.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Hair salons would be a great idea! You could even have different options depending on which world you happen to be in: Cleopatra in Krok, "pig" tails in Mooshu, etc. ! 15 crowns per style, and KI would clean up. I love this idea!

Erin Dawn Weaver Grand Master Life