Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Invite a Friend Rewards?

AuthorMessage
Which reward would you rather get for inviting a friend who joins Wizard101?
1. 1250 Crowns
2. Unique House - can only get through Invite a Friend
3. Unique Pet - can only get through Invite a Friend

Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
People could abuse the crowns thing. :? What if for the first time they invite a friend they get 1250 Crown's. The second time they get the pet. The third time they get the house. Any times after that they could get some gold.
Just an idea. Also if that does'nt work i would want a pet like the friendly dragon.

Steven Shadow Stalker Level 34 Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
I would like to see new housing but not only for a select few who are lucky enough to get someone to join. I would have to say the pet is a better option for this at this time.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i'd have to say pet but don't you already get one? what about the friendly dragon?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Im only assuming to prevent the abuse of just making accounts to get the free stuff.... Is this for paying accounts?? You get the award when someone uses your name or special link you give them and actually signs up and pays to play?

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
LadyOriel wrote:
1. 1250 Crowns

Thanks!

I invited a friend before. They purchased crowns and I didn't get my 1250 crowns.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I would perfer a unique house.

Why:
1) Pets are a dime'a'dozen anymore...nothing unique there.
2) Anyone can buy crowns.
3) There are only 10 different houses (12 if Grizzle-homes are soon added).

I think a fun house to own would be one of those on the commons...near to Merle's place :)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
DPVSaint wrote:
LadyOriel wrote:
1. 1250 Crowns

Thanks!

I invited a friend before. They purchased crowns and I didn't get my 1250 crowns.

saint, they need to buy at least 5000 crowns for you to get some. they probably didn't purchase enough.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
all of those sound great. how about you keep all 3 and just give them the option to choose which gift they want after inviting a friend

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
all of those sound great. how about you keep all 3 and just give them the option to choose which gift they want after inviting a friend

I think the best way to do this is to choose from all three :-)

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
LadyOriel wrote:
1. 1250 Crowns

Thanks!

i invited four of my friends to play and they do... and i didnt get anything at all

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
How about a pet that can be in your house...and not another that sets in your bank that you cant use because you have a better one.

For example...Have a house dragon, or house (insert animal here)...and then we can still have our other pets. Maybe even make it so that we can have more than 1 house pet.

Cadilea

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
I would perfer a unique house.

Why:
1) Pets are a dime'a'dozen anymore...nothing unique there.
2) Anyone can buy crowns.
3) There are only 10 different houses (12 if Grizzle-homes are soon added).

I think a fun house to own would be one of those on the commons...near to Merle's place :)

I agree. :D

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
i wish i can invite a friend but i dont know there email!!!!!!!!!!!its very hard to find someone.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
LadyOriel wrote:
1. 1250 Crowns

Thanks!
i would get a unique house a very nice reward! also the houses cost alot of coins so we can get a house!!

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
duh crowns for me i have tree houses i have pets i have like "0" crowns so crowns

tyler life caller fire life myth 43
ryan silver coin myth balance 16

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
well since I have been playing now for awhile I would say a unique pet would work out nicely. I invited my daughter to play which she did and the gold was nice but the person who invites someone should get something more than gold in my opinion :)

Defender
May 31, 2009
i think 1250 crowns should be given out along with the dragon! and there should be new codes. i had this amaranthine staff code i put in, and it didn't work. anyway, hope you like my idea about the crowns and dragon thing! :D

Defender
May 31, 2009
loren172 wrote:
i wish i can invite a friend but i dont know there email!!!!!!!!!!!its very hard to find someone.

i want the 1250 crowns thing because my parents won't buy me crowns... i wish it could be more crowns and that the friend didnt have to buy 5,000 crowns for the person to get the crowns. i think we should get 1,400 crowns and a storm hound pet.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
i know this is a bit old now but why not give crowns but only on successful invite and the player you have invited reaches a certain level i.e level 11
As then it is less likely to be abused as it takes alot more effort and every invite has a target to hit. I have ploayed many a game and seen and known many of people who do such things as abuse gifts etc. When it takes alot more effort people tend do not bother as much. It would also be good to get a i.p check on the invite system as then if people have managed to invite someone from the same i.p you can then see if its an abuser. Say you cannot invite family members and must invite friends from other computers. ( this is only for the crowns of course) Then this way. Less abuse, Less issues. Less claims of people overusing the friend invite.

1. Invite
2. System checks i.p and gives inviter warning pop up of no invites to same household.
3. Invited Verifies Inviter
4. Invited must reach said level
5. User recives crowns and option to split with invited player.

Sounds complicated but for a crown give away then i am sure you do want over use.
People who are genuinly wanting crowns and not abusing would do fine in this line up.
For the user this would be less complicated as you only have to click buttons and get your friend to the level required and then you recieve the rewards for your help to wizards101!

What do you think?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
nathanmaschler wrote:
LadyOriel wrote:
1. 1250 Crowns

Thanks!

i invited four of my friends to play and they do... and i didnt get anything at all

i invited my friend too! do they need to buy crowns or a subscription?