Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*** We Have Had Enough ***

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Ok my family and Friends I have spent countless HOURS and DAYS searching for reagents " Diamonds, Grendelweed, BloodMoss " with very little "an I mean" very little success. I also have spent time reading post that a lot of you have posted and it appears to me that we all have the same feelings "Frustration and Anger". World of Warcraft one of the worlds most popular MMO's doesn't even have this problem "crafting". I know that no MMO is perfect and there will be frustration in any game, but this has gone way beyond frustration. I know a lot of players on here personally and we are now concidering canceling our subsciption and move onto another site, we are a large group of people "Little over 200 Family and Friends" who loves to play together, help one another and just maybe challenge each other to who can finsh a quest first or have the best drop. We all pay our subsciptions and we are now concidering closing our accounts. Now I know that we are no one special to KI other then a membership number with money, but things now have to change or I have a feeling KI that you are going to start losing members and new membership because of word of mouth. Now I am not trying to be mean or rude to anyone. I am also a Grandmaster and have been for awhile now with nothing to do but try to finsh crafting or helping others. Now many of you will have your own opinion of what is going on with KI and some of you will find no problems with this situation, but the greater mayjority of us are now very upset and frustrated with paying for something that no longer brings any benifits to us. So please help us out KI, it would be greatly appreciated.

Blaze Stromcrafter
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
May 30, 2009
Well, since you've posted on here, I have a suggestion for you. You say you have a Grandmaster wizard, and I too have a Grandmaster Conjurer. I personally find the crafting quests a little tedious and unnecessary, but instead of "having nothing else to do" then why not create a new wizard? If the new wizard comes across a rare reagent, then pass it onto the GM. You have the benifit of the rare reagents for the GM and learning more from the game with the new wizard. I have created a Balance wizard that is so different from my myth that I am enjoying the game all over again with her. There are so many different things to learn with different wizards that, to me anyway, it just makes it more interesting and so worth the money I spend each month on the subscription. Many of my friends have multiple characters. I have gotten alot of rare reagents from my balance wizard that I am saving to pass onto my GM. I hope this helps you out a bit and keeps things fresh for you. Happy wizarding!

Angela Spiritwalker Grandmaster Conjurer

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I am with you on this, I'm getting so frustrated with trying to find the diamonds etc.. that I'm ready to pull the plug on the whole computer gaming thing. My son got the whole house hooked on this game, bt something has got to give and SOON!! And as to making a new wizard to stop the boredom... 1. If you are on with others in your family, you can't just kick someone off for your new character - I'm still holding out some hope for a new world for my Master level character so I don't want o trash her yet.
2. you can only make so many new characters without getting completely bored with running the same quests over again from the beginning - I sometimes got bored just fighting the same monsters for a quest, the thoght of doing it all again - even with a different type of wizard - makes me sleepy. If they would just make the crafting quests more reasonable it would be the fun and enjoyable part of the game I'm sure KI expected it to be - but as it stands being on a quest for close to 50 diamonds and not finding any in 3 hours of play is ridiculous!!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Please KI stop the madness! There are a million solutions to this problem. I know you can come up with something. I'll give you suggestions if you want, A LOT of people have. KI has done so well as to listening to his players/customers. I have faith that they are right now working on a way to fix this mad item requirement for JUNK stuff. I'm sure they are right now working on a way to make scrap iron and diamonds... etc EASIER to get. KI has always listened why would they stop now? WHY KI? Ever since the crafting has started people have complained. My self included. So they add "more" ... WHERE KI? That was the only changed noted so far.

There are to many people UNHAPPY with this crafting junk for KI to not take notice. I have hope that they are working endlessly on a solution for it. I think its high time they acknowledge these complaints with more than an "it will level out soon" or "we added more regents" The players want tangible change.

KI I have faith in you! Lots of us do. Don't let us down please

Survivor
May 20, 2009
i am angry at the lack of scrap iron but thats no reason to quit! who said crafting was fast? it takes a while

Isaac Nightgem
magus ice wizard

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
Well, since you've posted on here, I have a suggestion for you. You say you have a Grandmaster wizard, and I too have a Grandmaster Conjurer. I personally find the crafting quests a little tedious and unnecessary, but instead of "having nothing else to do" then why not create a new wizard? If the new wizard comes across a rare reagent, then pass it onto the GM. You have the benifit of the rare reagents for the GM and learning more from the game with the new wizard. I have created a Balance wizard that is so different from my myth that I am enjoying the game all over again with her. There are so many different things to learn with different wizards that, to me anyway, it just makes it more interesting and so worth the money I spend each month on the subscription. Many of my friends have multiple characters. I have gotten alot of rare reagents from my balance wizard that I am saving to pass onto my GM. I hope this helps you out a bit and keeps things fresh for you. Happy wizarding!

Angela Spiritwalker Grandmaster Conjurer

HA! We can't even pass regeants to other wizards. KI fix crafting!!!! Scrap Iron is too hard to find as well as Grendleweed, Blood Moss, and diamonds!!!
I got 2 diamonds out of 500 pieces of Ore. Thats not even rare! Thats UNGETTABLE!!!! Take it from the voice of your players. FIX CRAFTING!!!!

Victoria Firefinder 49 Kymma Drake 15 Andrea Mythweaver 10

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I whole heartedly agree with all of the posters who voice their displeasure with crafting. What a truly monumental waste of my time!

The only thing I have crafted that I found immediately helpful was a ring of apotheosis. After countless hours of finding diamonds I finished that crafting quest only to have them all taken away by the crafting teacher in ds. All previous crafting gave me junk that was weaker or of no significant use. My next quest is to make five robes of something...I forget which...that when done would do nothing to up my pips, health, mana or power that I dont already have and wear.

A lot of time, money and frustration for extremely little return.

I think KI should either revamp the whole crafting business or dump it entirely. If crafting was added to entice those who have finished the game to continue playing then that won't work for me. I'll simply go back and take the rest of my characters through the game. What would really entice me to stay and play would be a new world on the spiral.

A very poorly thought out addition to an otherwise wonderful game.

Hunter Earthsong
level 47 master theurgist