Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance school issues? I have a solution.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2018
So, granted I haven’t played balance for long, but it seems to have an issue that pops up again and again. Balance mobs. For starters balance doesn’t have super powerful attacks, and especially when fighting balance mobs. My suggestion: make a balance convert. (Convert balance attack into any random element). This won’t affect pvp too harshly since you can’t control it. And replace the convert with the quest that gives the spell precision, since nobody ever uses it. I feel like this would seriously make balance allot more enticing and almost kinda like gambling. Such as it’s nature.

Just my suggestion, I hope you consider it. Promote he idea maybe it would happen. It’s the most straight forward easy way to fix it. In my opinion.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This idea has been suggested a few times before.
There has even been the idea of balance having charms and traps of it’s own (Sandblade, Sandtrap) to counter the weakness issue the school suffers from as well rather than having to use Cleanse.
Moreover though, sorcerers have found clever ways of dealing with Balance Mobs. While these battles are highly annoying, you can:
Increase your Pierce – Being able to pierce through their resistances helps!
Power through – Obviously, you’ll need to use your multiple charms and wards here against these mobs including feints before attacking.
Cleanse – Bring Cleanse in your side deck to get rid of those weaknesses you may encounter.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/balance-prism--8ad6a42664886e4f0164a1087a000393?page=1

Another idea that was also brought up was allowing Sorcerers to learn Spiritual Blast:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/spiritual-blast-8ad6a42b64886e550164a847f83601e8?page=1

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I have a level 106 Balance Wizard and I think this would be a great idea. The issue for me is having to solo and then going up against multiple balance enemies. Since we don't really have an AOE that can work against our own school until Polaris (Nested Fury) we could really use something like this. It beats having to use hydra, spectral blast or chimera on each enemy just to be able to kill them. Just having to save pips (chimera) or use multiple traps (both chimera and hydra) are ridiculous. Most times, I have to hit them multiple times just to kill them, this being with the best gear available for my level and multiple blades. With things being so difficult for balance, there is no wonder we don't see more of them.