Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-12-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Whew, what a whirlwind week! One of our fellow professors is out on vacation, and it's sure been crazy covering their lessons! Friday already? Yep, so it's time for another edition of... Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to discuss one of the best things in the world since fireproof clothing... treasure chests! Silver Chests require you to complete a minigame for the reward. What super special hard challenge would you like to see in a GOLD chest (if such challenges existed) that would net you increased rewards?

Now, you've got me dreaming of treasure. Well, at least it's Friday! Have a great one, and looking forward to see what you all dream up!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
i would want a challenge to defeat a boss that gives me 10,000 gold! i know falema thats alot! but it be a hard one!! =D

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
A solo battle against your teacher. If you win you spin a wheel for a prize like mega snacks, or unique house item, gold, unique school sword, etc

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Hmm... I'd like to see a "Feeding Frenzy" based game. Maybe a little gold as the reward, a few crowns items, usual.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
YES YES YES!!!

I love Silver chests and wooden chests, And I especially love the minigame that comes with silver chest, because you cant play it anywhere else. I have also gotten rare reagents from chests. If there was a GOLD chest, I would search everywhere in the game for one. PLZ PLZ PLZ implement this idea!!!!
William Crowthsitle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh, Seeds would be nice!

Especially if you can get a crown seed on a rare occasion!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Crowns and pets(that are dropped by bosses).

Hope this doesn't sound too empossible.

Keep up the great work at KI, bye

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Hello Falmea! For gold chests, the challenge would need to be challenging, but quick and that is really hard to think of, although you found a way for silver chests. I think the challenge should either be a sort of pac-man game or possibly Galaxa themed. The rewards should be quite high, possibly rank six and up treasure cards or even possibly a Greedy Leprechaun pet that was stashing as much gold as possible into his pot or a Swashbuckler pet, a skeleton that looks like the skeletons in unicorn way, who was protecting his booty . Also, don't put these chests in lower level worlds, or if you do don't have the same reward for each chest in each world. Maybe you could base the rewards off of the level of the wizard using it, because a lower level wizard could just go to higher level worlds just to get higher rewards.

Thank you for your time and your patience.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Legendary Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
dear professor i think that with in golden chests which should have rare chance of being spawned maybe 10% where silver chests would show up and in them we would find ether a mega snack pack 500 crowns or something random from the crown shop excluding houses and permanent mounts

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
I really hope this'd be an ok idea for a game,
Try to make it a little like Zuma Deluxe. Not Zuma's REVENGE (New one), more like Zuma DELUXE(Old one). Balls from the game can have school symbols, or maybe fireballs, skulls, snowballs if you feel like getting creative.
Hope the other professor comes back soon, as i'm almost missing my lesson myself (still gotta perfect animate ... annoying after all these levels! )
Anyway, best of luck to ya!
~-R. .N.A.N-~

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
You have to light the candle by fixing the gas pipe and making a dragon happy by feeding the right snack and when you do he lights the gas!!!!

Malvin LifeDreamer legend life

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
AWESOME! NEW CHESTS! Well, i think i would like to have gold chests make you do maybe a memory game. It shows you like a 5 by 5 grid of spell cards for ten seconds or so. Then, they flip over and you have to get a certain amount flipped over, with only 3 mistakes max. The third mistake you lose. I dont think you should have to flip over all cards, that would be hard with that many, but maybe 3-5 pairs will win it. There could also be a time limit.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I think that the bosses in a world with golden chests should randomly drop
golden keys and that when you get enough keys you can open a golden chest, should you find one.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
I think a really hard minigame would be this:

You would have 10 seconds to type the letters shown (example 10 seconds to press D B N F). Then after that is completed, you will have to do another. There are 18 sessions of button-pushing total, making this a 180 below minigame. If you mess up, you fall off the dragon you are holding onto.
If you press all the buttons without messing up, you win!!!

I'd call it, "Dragon Riders"

Explorer
May 28, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
Whew, what a whirlwind week! One of our fellow professors is out on vacation, and it's sure been crazy covering their lessons! Friday already? Yep, so it's time for another edition of... Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to discuss one of the best things in the world since fireproof clothing... treasure chests! Silver Chests require you to complete a minigame for the reward. What super special hard challenge would you like to see in a GOLD chest (if such challenges existed) that would net you increased rewards?

Now, you've got me dreaming of treasure. Well, at least it's Friday! Have a great one, and looking forward to see what you all dream up!

a battle against a hard boss

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
It would be cool if there was another mini-game called Lava Flow. It would have Four Sides on the first level. Lava is one each side and it would squirt out a line of lava through the screen and like a thick line and if your character touched it they would lose a life. Each level is a bit different. Each level would have a different shape. The lava would be constantly come out in each level. After they beat all ten levels they start for the beginning but it gets faster. To pass a level you survive a certain amount of time.. like fifteen seconds.

Once they beat the game they get prizes like there level clothing wands and decks. They can get rare pets. They can also get houses! But not like crown houses like the ones that you can buy in the store from world wizard city through mooshu.

Defender
May 21, 2009
My idea for a challenge in the gold chest would be like a version of a shooting range. Instead of shooting arrows you could shoot a wand spell from your wand. The closer to the center you hit the target the more points you get. You would have three shots to hit the target and at the end of the game they would tally up your score & determine the prize you get. Prizes could be anything from gold to furniture to crowns items. Well, thats my idea.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
how about some housing items, elixers, transforations or mount rentals

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
cjc1997 wrote:
CROWNS.

Like 10 to 100 crowns.

Or maybe Grandmaster gear.

ooh yes =D

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I don't know but it has to be good like maybe a random housing item like for the house-o-palooza. (Thanks for the Wooden Bridge.)

Legendary Pyromancer, Dylan FireGem

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Most definitely crowns! I know just doing that is a tall order, unlike most wizards I understand that the items in the crown shop are kinda expensive to make and are time consuming, so if you cant give us crowns then pretty please give us like little items you would earn on kifreegames.com . That would be awsome! (as a balance wizard I reserve the right to join in all class discussions)

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
Woo! a gold chest in the game would be AWESOME! The chest should give out rare pets and outfits, kind of like the water works with good equipment for your school. The challenge should be some kind of boss or game. If it was a boss then the bosses health could increase the higher the level you are. Hope i gave you some ideas :)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009