Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizardly chatting

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Young Wizard, let me remind you that you OPTED IN to the 18+ Open Chat. What you see is NOT what your nephews see unless their parent has also opted them into the 18+ chat.

If you do not wish to see this chat level, simply turn off your Open Chat. For truly egregious violations, use the report and ignore buttons liberally.

DietyOfWind wrote:
and by the way i am not talking like one curse word i can be in commons for literally 5 seconds and will hear a barrage of curses this game maybe for kids and adults but the cursing is on a college level i have heard things i didn't hear in high school on this game and have had to force myself to forget them cause they were so bad and that scares me cause my nephews play this game.




community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
2
Slickriptide wrote:
I apologize for a semi-derailment here - There was a thread at one time for suggestions about the menu chat. Is that thread still around? I've looked and couldn't find it.

I dont think it is because i've look but nothing

Survivor
May 23, 2009
3
bellateipen101 wrote:
Slickriptide wrote:
I apologize for a semi-derailment here - There was a thread at one time for suggestions about the menu chat. Is that thread still around? I've looked and couldn't find it.

I dont think it is because i've look but nothing


hi i was wondering if anyone else had a problem with getting a raven from the pack cause i spent 18 thousand crowns on them and got nothing.......if any wizard101 operator sees this can you help me get a ravin cuase i basically wasted 40 on nothing! Plz help

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
2
I think that the character that have had their account muted for over 10 years should be shortened to only one year. The whole idea of 10 years is ridiculous, My account have been muted for over 1 year now and it wasn't even anything I did. I was sharing the account with a friend (irl) and I got on one day and I was muted. The person I was sharing this account with doesn't play it anymore. So I think that KI needs to rethink the muting situation. Because 10 years is a little uncalled for. Who else agrees? So I think the people that have already been muted for a year should get another chance (I didn't do anything to begin with) and be able to at least get filtered chat back. I think that that all the players that have been muted for a year have probably learned their lesson, So KI please rethink unmuting the players that have been muted for a year.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
zackafitzgerald wrote:
I think that the character that have had their account muted for over 10 years should be shortened to only one year. The whole idea of 10 years is ridiculous, My account have been muted for over 1 year now and it wasn't even anything I did. I was sharing the account with a friend (irl) and I got on one day and I was muted. The person I was sharing this account with doesn't play it anymore. So I think that KI needs to rethink the muting situation. Because 10 years is a little uncalled for. Who else agrees? So I think the people that have already been muted for a year should get another chance (I didn't do anything to begin with) and be able to at least get filtered chat back. I think that that all the players that have been muted for a year have probably learned their lesson, So KI please rethink unmuting the players that have been muted for a year.


Actually, you're lucky KI didn't ban you, as you broke a cardinal rule by sharing your password with another person.

It's really your own fault you were muted. Had you followed the password rule, your friend never would have been allowed to curse in-game and get you muted in the first place.

Sorry, but rules are rules.

Qbb

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
14
I would like to prove you wrong because I get reported for no reason and it happened 2 times. Just ask other people and i think it should not exist because it will not let you say any bad things in the first place.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
14
queenlybluebean wrote:
zackafitzgerald wrote:
I think that the character that have had their account muted for over 10 years should be shortened to only one year. The whole idea of 10 years is ridiculous, My account have been muted for over 1 year now and it wasn't even anything I did. I was sharing the account with a friend (irl) and I got on one day and I was muted. The person I was sharing this account with doesn't play it anymore. So I think that KI needs to rethink the muting situation. Because 10 years is a little uncalled for. Who else agrees? So I think the people that have already been muted for a year should get another chance (I didn't do anything to begin with) and be able to at least get filtered chat back. I think that that all the players that have been muted for a year have probably learned their lesson, So KI please rethink unmuting the players that have been muted for a year.


Actually, you're lucky KI didn't ban you, as you broke a cardinal rule by sharing your password with another person.

It's really your own fault you were muted. Had you followed the password rule, your friend never would have been allowed to curse in-game and get you muted in the first place.

Sorry, but rules are rules.

Qbb


Well the rule is dont share your password in the game technically but you could say it irl plus one year is too harsh.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
14
DivineWhisper wrote:
Hey All

I am a myth 46 lvl that played the game solo so far till i reached dragonspyre and realized it would be much faster if played with a group. So i started looking for someone but dragonspyre was completely empty for 15 minutes. So i wondered why there isnt a main chat for all worlds so that anyone can see the "help being asked" and respond. I went to Commons and Pet Pavillion but there where only low levels that would make it harder cause i had to keep them alive too!

So my point here is either you have guilds in a game or a nice general-all worlds chat so people find each other when they trying to do something, or what i would wish for is both, then wiz101 would be much much better in communication. I kinda hate the fact that you cant write many words and again wonder why there is not a setting that allows old enough players to change those chat rules and be able to see the "..." words that are be written in chat????

I hope i wrote this comment in the right place and would really like people to comment on these. I dont think i am the only one that thinks some options like those would make wizard101 a better game!!!

Thanks for reading this

Wolf Mistwhisper lvl46 Myth


This is great because when you need to do a dungeon like waterworks you could send messages to people in zamunda and they should be able to port if not friend.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
1
ok i know you guys do a lot try keep the game clean, but as of late you cant get around the ignorant words. the kids have found their ways around the chat. i think their should be more admin around in the game instead of hoping a report will do something. i know myself as a dad i would more and glad volunteer for something like that. i keep my son of text chat, but myself get tired of being called names because i wont hatch with someone or i beat them in pvp. I have read other post about the chat, and i understand you try to promote no text chat, but i am an adult and myself should have to deal with being called the f word in five different spellings a night. Again i will volunteer for this and i am sure if posted a lot of adults would step up to make this game stay a great clean game.

Administrator
jprce wrote:
ok i know you guys do a lot try keep the game clean, but as of late you cant get around the ignorant words. the kids have found their ways around the chat. i think their should be more admin around in the game instead of hoping a report will do something. i know myself as a dad i would more and glad volunteer for something like that. i keep my son of text chat, but myself get tired of being called names because i wont hatch with someone or i beat them in pvp. I have read other post about the chat, and i understand you try to promote no text chat, but i am an adult and myself should have to deal with being called the f word in five different spellings a night. Again i will volunteer for this and i am sure if posted a lot of adults would step up to make this game stay a great clean game.


Young Wizard, let me remind you that you OPTED IN to the 18+ Open Chat. What you see is NOT what others see unless their parent has also opted them into the 18+ chat.

If you do not wish to see this chat level, simply turn off your Open Chat. We put the power of reporting into the hands of all our players. For truly egregious violations, use the report and ignore buttons liberally.


community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
ringowolf11 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
zackafitzgerald wrote:
I think that the character that have had their account muted for over 10 years should be shortened to only one year. The whole idea of 10 years is ridiculous, My account have been muted for over 1 year now and it wasn't even anything I did. I was sharing the account with a friend (irl) and I got on one day and I was muted. The person I was sharing this account with doesn't play it anymore. So I think that KI needs to rethink the muting situation. Because 10 years is a little uncalled for. Who else agrees? So I think the people that have already been muted for a year should get another chance (I didn't do anything to begin with) and be able to at least get filtered chat back. I think that that all the players that have been muted for a year have probably learned their lesson, So KI please rethink unmuting the players that have been muted for a year.


Actually, you're lucky KI didn't ban you, as you broke a cardinal rule by sharing your password with another person.

It's really your own fault you were muted. Had you followed the password rule, your friend never would have been allowed to curse in-game and get you muted in the first place.

Sorry, but rules are rules.

Qbb


Well the rule is dont share your password in the game technically but you could say it irl plus one year is too harsh.


If you read the Wizard 101 homepage AND the sign in page, you will see the warning to NEVER share your password, because you will lose your wizard forever! It's pretty clear that the warning means to never share your password, period.

It's a simple matter of following the rules. Don't follow the rules, suffer the penalty. End of story.

Qbb

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
Yes, the whole another-person-played-on-my-account issue has gotten to be one of the biggest pet peeves of mine ever since I started playing MMO's. And it is not specific to this game, either.

It is simply put, not an excuse, and will never be. KI was generous by just muting, and not banning.

I have absolutely no tolerance for anyone that has other people get on their wizards and if something like that occurs with a wizard I know or on my friend list, that wizard will be removed forever. ESPECIALLY if that other person is a random toddler, behaving accordingly.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103
phayte wrote:
Haitchi wrote:
Also, think we can get the option to turn off receiving friend invites? It is rather frustrating to be running down a street and having somebody spam me with friend invites as I'm trying to dodge a group of monsters. It would be a little easier for me to pick who I make friends with.

I'd like to vote for this addition as well.

same here. maybe like a level range and you could choose which chats to allow also

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
7
I am a Grandmother playing with my Grandkids. We all love it. The only negative is that, true, some of the language is very shocking.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
5
Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
2
pyron9 wrote:
Why can't the players under 13 use text chat
And can the people that use menu chat see what the text chat people are saying
. Ok first off younger kids don't need to chat like that because there are a lot of easy ways around there blocking system and younger kids don't need to here those things

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
4
Thank you for reminding us of this. Some people just need a little reminder time to time that this game is for everyone. I, myself, sometimes do not like it when people swear around fliter but I just report them. Just remember the report button is always there :)

Survivor
May 09, 2010
1
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
4
Here's a question about the chat box itself...

Any idea when (or if) the chat box is going to be fixed so that we don't have to manually open it every time we go into battle? If it's closed in player movement - it's closed in battle / open in player movement - it's remains open in battle.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
1
So on sort of the same topic I have a question. I let my son create a character under my account but he wants to use it when he is at his mom's also. Can he log in under my account or does he have to create a whole new character...?

Survivor
May 12, 2009
21
Ty Mr. Lincoln for posting this, you've managed to answer some of my questions and address my concerns re: the "Report" system. It's annoying when people use it to falsely report because you tell them no to things like: Friendship, gifting, and assistance with quests. Unfortunately there are players who can't take no for an answer and use "Report" as a spiteful way of harassment. Glad to know you take all reports seriously and that you investigate and take appropriate actions of discipline without waiting til the offender(s) keeps repeating his/her actions of misconduct and makes the game play of others not so fun.

There are many like me who didn't believe what was happening on another "family" rpg was right. So we brought our accounts here. There was daily misconduct, stalking, harassment, and bullying that was allowed to continue without intervention from those who could've helped the victims but the misconduct continued because the bullies parents were employees of that company. I came to Wizard101 because I'd heard great things about the game and that you had a zero tolerance policy of bullying.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
What I think Prof. Greyrose is trying to say is,

You yourself got into Open Chat. You must know that it is more cutback than text chat and that Kingsisle cannot control ALL of these goings on. If you are annoyed, simply go back down to text chat or ignore them. Don't blame this on Kingsisle

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
smvb wrote:
They had lured my child into a battle, and didn't join the battle after all, meanwhile taunting them as they "died," since my child was not strong enough to face the enemies alone. This was all done using that game's menu chat, not the filtered chat, since at that time, filtered chat was only allowed between "true friends." It was extremely upsetting for my trusting daughter. I subsequently found out that they don't keep logs of menu chat, and that the report was probably ignored


I think the game your talking about is Toontown....? I've played that game and Reports matter as much as wooden flat Stools, Also Toontown Bans you for False Reports, there is actually more Bad people on there. The list goes on.

rywalt1978 wrote:
I would be willing to bet that most of if not all the explicit inappropriate chat came from children.


Right now im looking at this with a O_O on my Face? Heck, i'm a Child, and i, for sure, do not use that type of Language. Most children (Usually) don't even know any explicit Content! They're Children! I also believe such Language come from immature Adults who don't know better, which they should know better, then to be then saying such Words on a FAMILY Game.


Survivor
Jan 13, 2012
1
vacant123 wrote:
I still am learning how to get rid of the "Only set chat"... anyone think they can help me?
me to if you dont care

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
silverblood356 wrote:
vacant123 wrote:
I still am learning how to get rid of the "Only set chat"... anyone think they can help me?
me to if you dont care


I'm not sure what you mean by "Only set chat", but to change any of the options on your account, this might help.

To check your options on your account:

Login on this page (box at top left corner). If you have more than one account, be sure to login as the "parental control" account. Then,
Click on "My Accounts".
Scroll down to the bottom of your account page to "Unlock Parental Controls", and type in your parental control password .
Now look at your chat options.
If the word "enable" is at the right side of the options, you need to turn on the chat options. Click on the options you want to turn on (and then the word on the right side changes to "disable".)

Now you should be able to type chat in the game. If your press "Enter", when you are in the game, the chat box appears on the bottom of your screen. Just start typing.

One more note: the birthdate on the account must be 18+ for Open Chat.

If this isn't the problem, you might want to contact support@wizard101.com. Send them an e-mail and explain the problem to them. Be sure to give them your UserName from the game.

Hope this works for you.