Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wraith + Gargantuan is only 650 not 725

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
My enhancement cards are working however, when I use The gargantuan that is trained +225 it only makes my wraith go to 650- not 725.. Is this a bug or do we not get the full enhancement amount on our drain spells?

I have tried this several times, and I would think that a wraith that has 500 and you add a gargantuan to it- it should be 725 not 650..

Any help would be appreciated..

Administrator
Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells.
We made the outcome of using Gargantuan and other improvement spells on drain spells less effective to balance out the damage.



community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Okay please forgive me but i am not sure i understand.

Why is the damage caused by steal more powerful than others?

I use a wraith card and its 500 unbuffed by gear or charms it hits at 500.

aside from the healing part its not any more damaging than any other spells and its our highest spell (I am not addressing the steal factor or i would say scarecrow) Its funny because i am not sure you but i think the pet spells are higher in the case of scarecrow.

Come just admit it this was a total move for the purpose of pvp. I cant imagine the MOBs or Bosses are complaining. But why not just say so?

You know I dont think you all give us enough credit. While this is a family game, we are not all kids. Just say rather than have to deal with pvp people screaming fowl you thought you would meet them half way.

Or maybe its a programming problem like fient had, whatever the problem is, explained nothing.

I mean really "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells" - oh yea how so?

Its okay to make any decision you want just be upfront with it and allow me to decided if i want to continue the ride.

Dont wait till I have already invested time and money expecting one thing and then learn later its not really what you said it was.

So tell me is balance also suffering? Does powerball have the same boost limits as it has the same problem has the update affects them too?
I will check but i dont think it does.

So the real question that is being asked is the first one: Why isnt Gargantuan giving death the right boosts? Because honestly, and with all due respect that answer given, makes no real sense.

We deserve a better explanation.


Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
I can see both sides.. Sonjura I never thought about it- how you just put it- and you too are right. Death has kinda been the "underdogs" for awhile.. I thought being able to add Gargantuan to it would be sweet- and it is- but we aren't getting the same boost as everyone else.. Yes they are reduced on "drain" spells- but that is the reason for being death isn't it. We are death so that we can steal health, but at the same time we aren't getting the same benefits b/c of it- which is fair how.. I see your point totally. I guess we should be glad that we are only out a total of 75 extra damage..

Great Points Sanjura- I would like to see the answer to your question as well.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
593
Sojourna wrote:
Okay please forgive me but i am not sure i understand.

Why is the damage caused by steal more powerful than others?

I use a wraith card and its 500 unbuffed by gear or charms it hits at 500.

aside from the healing part its not any more damaging than any other spells and its our highest spell (I am not addressing the steal factor or i would say scarecrow) Its funny because i am not sure you but i think the pet spells are higher in the case of scarecrow.

Come just admit it this was a total move for the purpose of pvp. I cant imagine the MOBs or Bosses are complaining. But why not just say so?

You know I dont think you all give us enough credit. While this is a family game, we are not all kids. Just say rather than have to deal with pvp people screaming fowl you thought you would meet them half way.

Or maybe its a programming problem like fient had, whatever the problem is, explained nothing.

I mean really "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells" - oh yea how so?

Its okay to make any decision you want just be upfront with it and allow me to decided if i want to continue the ride.

Dont wait till I have already invested time and money expecting one thing and then learn later its not really what you said it was.

So tell me is balance also suffering? Does powerball have the same boost limits as it has the same problem has the update affects them too?
I will check but i dont think it does.

So the real question that is being asked is the first one: Why isnt Gargantuan giving death the right boosts? Because honestly, and with all due respect that answer given, makes no real sense.

We deserve a better explanation.


Sap Spells are more powerful than Damage spells because of the following:
1 - Sap Spells do not trigger Absorbs, going around them and hitting for full amount.

2 - Sap Spells HEAL the caster equal to half the damage it deals.

3 - Healing Spells cannot be boosted by Gargantuan school spells.

Okay, so I just gave you 3 reasons why SAP Spells (Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, Scarecrow) are more powerful than regular spells. Also, lets look at Death's Boosts:
Waterworks Gear +56%
Dark Pact +30%
Deathblade +40%
Curse +20%
Feint +70%
Deathtrap +30%
This is a +652% total and only costs 2 Pips, and 5 turns to set up. we could go further if you want Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade, which would be a +35% and +25% boost thus making it 1170% boost @ 4 Pips and 7 Turns.

So without a Tower Shield or Death Shield, it's completely overkill, because it goes behind absorbs, thus making Spirit Armor and Frost Armor useless.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Johnist wrote:
Sojourna wrote:
Okay please forgive me but i am not sure i understand.

Why is the damage caused by steal more powerful than others?

I use a wraith card and its 500 unbuffed by gear or charms it hits at 500.

aside from the healing part its not any more damaging than any other spells and its our highest spell (I am not addressing the steal factor or i would say scarecrow) Its funny because i am not sure you but i think the pet spells are higher in the case of scarecrow.

Come just admit it this was a total move for the purpose of pvp. I cant imagine the MOBs or Bosses are complaining. But why not just say so?

You know I dont think you all give us enough credit. While this is a family game, we are not all kids. Just say rather than have to deal with pvp people screaming fowl you thought you would meet them half way.

Or maybe its a programming problem like fient had, whatever the problem is, explained nothing.

I mean really "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells" - oh yea how so?

Its okay to make any decision you want just be upfront with it and allow me to decided if i want to continue the ride.

Dont wait till I have already invested time and money expecting one thing and then learn later its not really what you said it was.

So tell me is balance also suffering? Does powerball have the same boost limits as it has the same problem has the update affects them too?
I will check but i dont think it does.

So the real question that is being asked is the first one: Why isnt Gargantuan giving death the right boosts? Because honestly, and with all due respect that answer given, makes no real sense.

We deserve a better explanation.


Sap Spells are more powerful than Damage spells because of the following:
1 - Sap Spells do not trigger Absorbs, going around them and hitting for full amount.

2 - Sap Spells HEAL the caster equal to half the damage it deals.

3 - Healing Spells cannot be boosted by Gargantuan school spells.

Okay, so I just gave you 3 reasons why SAP Spells (Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, Scarecrow) are more powerful than regular spells. Also, lets look at Death's Boosts:
Waterworks Gear +56%
Dark Pact +30%
Deathblade +40%
Curse +20%
Feint +70%
Deathtrap +30%
This is a +652% total and only costs 2 Pips, and 5 turns to set up. we could go further if you want Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade, which would be a +35% and +25% boost thus making it 1170% boost @ 4 Pips and 7 Turns.

So without a Tower Shield or Death Shield, it's completely overkill, because it goes behind absorbs, thus making Spirit Armor and Frost Armor useless.


thank you and well stated argument. I now see your point it was a good one.

To be fair you sold me on the "no healing spell has a boost" as a life wiz thats absolutely true. I would say that too isnt really fair (especially with life having the fewest attacks, but if life got a boost it should be life student only or there would be no reason to study life at all.

and before i write another book i will leave it at that. see ya on the spiral.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
95
Some death student told me that sun spells do nt work on death spells. any ideas because i am confused

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
what sun spell? they all seem to apply now since update?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
593
waleedprw wrote:
Some death student told me that sun spells do nt work on death spells. any ideas because i am confused

Previously, the Sun Spells of Strong, Giant, Monstrous, and Gargantuan would not work on the Sap Spells because they aren't 'Damage' Spells. This changed with the release of Wintertusk, allowing them to be boosted, but they do not get the full boost because they are more powerful than Damage spells.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
2
jakehjk3 wrote:
That is fair :) Thanks for the fast reply Professor!
Fast is not always best. I with my gear and boost that come with it can simply cast a wraith and the damage IS 648 without any boosts at all However with the blades and such yes the daamage is Much higher of course. Only exception is a death monster that would depend on the resist they it may have to death spells.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
9
I agree with almost everything on this post, I only have a few problems.

1. compare every school's 42 spell, myth is the only weaker and it is a hit-all and removes wards. I'd take that over wraith. so therefore i think damage spells are better, plus what options do we have besides drains for us legends? Skeletal pirate, Poison and Skeletal Dragon. Now think, Skeletal Dragon and Poison are good spells, but traps wont affect much. so that leaves us with Skeletal Pirate. I set very few, but that is really the only spell we can gargantuan and fully power and you might as well gargantuan wraith even though it wont give full 225 damage because there is a 75 damage difference between 225+500 and 150+500, there is a 70 damage difference between skeltal pirate and wraith.

2. yes we do have a lot of buffs, but we are naturally the weakest school and we dont have the health that ice and life do, so we have to rely on increased damage to heal our wounds instead of life healing and ice protecting.

3. I do understand how we can get fully healed from a good attack in pvp, but the opponent can make better choices such as killing the death wizard in one hit.

4. Death is under-rated.

5. same with power nova ( not powerball ) it isnt considered a damage spell either. It is considered a charm if I'm correct. I personally think all schools should have "equal rights" every school should be able to have the same critical and block chance. Every school should be able to use any enhancement they choose.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
105
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells.
We made the outcome of using Gargantuan and other improvement spells on drain spells less effective to balance out the damage.



I'm sorry Prof. Greyrose, but what were you getting at when you said "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells"? Because even if you factor in the heal for wraith (250) and the damage (500) you get 750. last i checked storm's triton is better than that. and then the boosts storm can get they can outmatch our wraith's power even WITHOUT feint. so please, i think we deserve a better explanation.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
16
I too would love a better explanation. The next time you get hit with a 4 bladed Levi, I would love to hear that the drain Spells are more "powerful"!!!
We were told simply that our spells would now be capable of enchantment with the higher hit enchatments. Nothing was said at the time "except for Death and you guys are just :Out of Luck "altogether, becuse you have higher "Damage". And then turn around and say "By The Way", your Drain spells are "Not" damage spells. I am totally confused to say the least.
Sign me "Out of Luck and Perplexed".
Elizabeth Dreambringer
Legendary Necromancer


Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
mhuk wrote:
1. compare every school's 42 spell, myth is the only weaker and it is a hit-all and removes wards.


If you use traps and blades, you can focus on one enemy at a time because you don't need to waste pips to heal... just buff, kill, and top off your health tank with it. Earthquake frequently doesn't kill anyone (until you boost it a LOT) but certainly attracts everyone's attention, albeit without shields and blades. Everything has its pluses and minuses.

mhuk wrote:
Now think, Skeletal Dragon and Poison are good spells, but traps wont affect much.


They are strategic spells for removing shields. A good strategy for dragon is cast it, then start placing feints (or other traps) round after round just like fire does with its many DoT spells.

mhuk wrote:
so that leaves us with Skeletal Pirate. I set very few, but that is really the only spell we can gargantuan and fully power and you might as well gargantuan wraith even though it wont give full 225 damage because there is a 75 damage difference between 225+500 and 150+500, there is a 70 damage difference between skeltal pirate and wraith.


There is a pip difference. You can cast pirate 1 pip sooner and for more damage. Now, if you're at 100% power pip percent, you probably are better off to use wraith for the healing benefit. There's a time and a place for everything.

mhuk wrote:
2. yes we do have a lot of buffs, but we are naturally the weakest school and we dont have the health that ice and life do, so we have to rely on increased damage to heal our wounds instead of life healing and ice protecting.


Weakest only when considering your health stealing spells without their healing benefit. Your damage spells (on a per pip basis) are better than ice and life. Additionally, death has more boosts than any other school, and high ones at that.

mhuk wrote:
3. I do understand how we can get fully healed from a good attack in pvp, but the opponent can make better choices such as killing the death wizard in one hit.


Every wizard can suffer from this liability. It depends on whom you're playing and the strategy they employ.

mhuk wrote:
4. Death is under-rated.


By whom? I hate fighting death in PvP. They are very difficult to deal with and have a lot of spells that make them quite wily such as empower and sacrifice.

mhuk wrote:
5. same with power nova ( not powerball ) it isnt considered a damage spell either. It is considered a charm if I'm correct. I personally think all schools should have "equal rights" every school should be able to have the same critical and block chance. Every school should be able to use any enhancement they choose.


Then there would be no point in having separate schools. Each school has its own focus lending to different gear ranges. Some items are global, just not all of them. Additionally, if every class could obtain the same bonuses, they would disproportionately skew the game in favor of one or two schools.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
awesome34 wrote:
I'm sorry Prof. Greyrose, but what were you getting at when you said "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells"? Because even if you factor in the heal for wraith (250) and the damage (500) you get 750. last i checked storm's triton is better than that. and then the boosts storm can get they can outmatch our wraith's power even WITHOUT feint. so please, i think we deserve a better explanation.


What she's getting at is that health steal spells scale up. So, for instance... base wraith is 500 and if it does that much, you get 250 back. If you add 250 to it (for 750), then you would get 375 back... effectively giving you a 375 point boost for one gargantuan spell whereas damage spells get a straight 250 point boost (or 225 if you use the trained version). Storm should outmatch any school in power. That's their thing and they pay the price for it in low health. Death has decent health and can take a few hits while focusing only on the kill because they simply heal themselves as part of the kill.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
593
To all those still Arguing: Heal Spells cannot be Boosted. SAP Spells Give Wizards back health. That 75 you are complaining about is 1/3 of the Gargantuan, and is being applied to your HEALING function due to getting 1/2 back.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
255
Sojourna wrote:
Okay please forgive me but i am not sure i understand.

Why is the damage caused by steal more powerful than others?

I use a wraith card and its 500 unbuffed by gear or charms it hits at 500.

aside from the healing part its not any more damaging than any other spells and its our highest spell (I am not addressing the steal factor or i would say scarecrow) Its funny because i am not sure you but i think the pet spells are higher in the case of scarecrow.

Come just admit it this was a total move for the purpose of pvp. I cant imagine the MOBs or Bosses are complaining. But why not just say so?

You know I dont think you all give us enough credit. While this is a family game, we are not all kids. Just say rather than have to deal with pvp people screaming fowl you thought you would meet them half way.

Or maybe its a programming problem like fient had, whatever the problem is, explained nothing.

I mean really "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells" - oh yea how so?

Its okay to make any decision you want just be upfront with it and allow me to decided if i want to continue the ride.

Dont wait till I have already invested time and money expecting one thing and then learn later its not really what you said it was.

So tell me is balance also suffering? Does powerball have the same boost limits as it has the same problem has the update affects them too?
I will check but i dont think it does.

So the real question that is being asked is the first one: Why isnt Gargantuan giving death the right boosts? Because honestly, and with all due respect that answer given, makes no real sense.

We deserve a better explanation.



its because the higher the damage that is dealt, the higher the health stolen is

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
419
Sojourna wrote:
Okay please forgive me but i am not sure i understand.

Why is the damage caused by steal more powerful than others?

I use a wraith card and its 500 unbuffed by gear or charms it hits at 500.

aside from the healing part its not any more damaging than any other spells and its our highest spell (I am not addressing the steal factor or i would say scarecrow) Its funny because i am not sure you but i think the pet spells are higher in the case of scarecrow.

Come just admit it this was a total move for the purpose of pvp. I cant imagine the MOBs or Bosses are complaining. But why not just say so?

You know I dont think you all give us enough credit. While this is a family game, we are not all kids. Just say rather than have to deal with pvp people screaming fowl you thought you would meet them half way.

Or maybe its a programming problem like fient had, whatever the problem is, explained nothing.

I mean really "Drain spells are more powerful than standard damage spells" - oh yea how so?

Its okay to make any decision you want just be upfront with it and allow me to decided if i want to continue the ride.

Dont wait till I have already invested time and money expecting one thing and then learn later its not really what you said it was.

So tell me is balance also suffering? Does powerball have the same boost limits as it has the same problem has the update affects them too?
I will check but i dont think it does.

So the real question that is being asked is the first one: Why isnt Gargantuan giving death the right boosts? Because honestly, and with all due respect that answer given, makes no real sense.

We deserve a better explanation.


Okay. Helephant does 645-705, and then Wraith is 500+250 (healing). Which is more powerful 645-705 or 750?

Defender
May 24, 2009
102
Why does everyone keep using wraiths extra heal as a attack it isnt a attack it's a heal and should not be compared as damage it's like saying rebirth is a attack spell there are fine lines between the to.

i cautionly use this comparison because others will call me out for this even though it makes total sense.

ok say if you were attacking with any four pip attack spell and then healed with a pixie[the only two pip heal that is it's one spell i can remember] those add to 400 hundred health and say the avarage 4 pip attack is around 455damage[numbers gotton from weakest 4 pip spell and strongest] that is 6 pips total and if it were a death spell card it would be do 455 damage against 500 hundred and the heal would be 400 against 250 but wait to cast to spells you use to rounds so in that time a strong death would get a power pip and could use ghoul so now it's 680 damage against 455 and 400 hundred heal against 330 heal the wraith is stronger than the avarage six pip heal and attack. get it?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
10
I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to. So the "75 isnt much to comaplain about" arguement works both ways, be cause 75 also isnt enough to bother not adding. My vote is they should just add the extra 75 because it isnt fair to death. And "Drains are more powerful than normal damage spells"? HA! Tell that to a leviathan!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
IsaacDragona wrote:
I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to. So the "75 isnt much to comaplain about" arguement works both ways, be cause 75 also isnt enough to bother not adding. My vote is they should just add the extra 75 because it isnt fair to death. And "Drains are more powerful than normal damage spells"? HA! Tell that to a leviathan!


Leviathan can't heal you like wraith can... Wraith is also a 6 pip spell, compared to Storm's 8 pip Leviathan... Not sure what point you are getting to...

Skeletal Dragon can be more potent than Leviathan can be, considering it is a DOT attack, shredding shields... Where as Leviathan is minimized by just one shield...

Point of this post is, that the full use of Gargantuan is not added to drain spells... Some of the damage is added to the attack, where as the rest will be given to the heal, so it is quite fair...

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
10
darthjt wrote:
IsaacDragona wrote:
I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to. So the "75 isnt much to comaplain about" arguement works both ways, be cause 75 also isnt enough to bother not adding. My vote is they should just add the extra 75 because it isnt fair to death. And "Drains are more powerful than normal damage spells"? HA! Tell that to a leviathan!


Leviathan can't heal you like wraith can... Wraith is also a 6 pip spell, compared to Storm's 8 pip Leviathan... Not sure what point you are getting to...

Skeletal Dragon can be more potent than Leviathan can be, considering it is a DOT attack, shredding shields... Where as Leviathan is minimized by just one shield...

Point of this post is, that the full use of Gargantuan is not added to drain spells... Some of the damage is added to the attack, where as the rest will be given to the heal, so it is quite fair...


The point isnt for skeletal dragon, I already know the immesne power of it. When critical it can hit 2000 per round. This is about wraith and scarecrow, which can also be ruined by a single shield. There are death shields and tower shields that cant be gotten around. In my opinion absorb shield aren't worth the pip cost when you can spend 0 pips on a -80% shield or two -70% shields. I agree the healing is a bonus, but in a 1v1 match (what most people do to raise thair pvp rank) the healing wont matter if the wraith 1 hit kills, which it usually does.

It doesnt have to be just a leviathan either, triton is also a very potent spell for the same pip cost as wraith. And when powered with gargantuan is 1100 max damage, only 100 under what leviathan can do. You seem to be over looking the main point of my post though, and that is that 75 damage is not a lot of damage and that there is no reason to take it out. To quote myself "I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to."

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
IsaacDragona wrote:
darthjt wrote:
IsaacDragona wrote:
I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to. So the "75 isnt much to comaplain about" arguement works both ways, be cause 75 also isnt enough to bother not adding. My vote is they should just add the extra 75 because it isnt fair to death. And "Drains are more powerful than normal damage spells"? HA! Tell that to a leviathan!


Leviathan can't heal you like wraith can... Wraith is also a 6 pip spell, compared to Storm's 8 pip Leviathan... Not sure what point you are getting to...

Skeletal Dragon can be more potent than Leviathan can be, considering it is a DOT attack, shredding shields... Where as Leviathan is minimized by just one shield...

Point of this post is, that the full use of Gargantuan is not added to drain spells... Some of the damage is added to the attack, where as the rest will be given to the heal, so it is quite fair...


The point isnt for skeletal dragon, I already know the immesne power of it. When critical it can hit 2000 per round. This is about wraith and scarecrow, which can also be ruined by a single shield. There are death shields and tower shields that cant be gotten around. In my opinion absorb shield aren't worth the pip cost when you can spend 0 pips on a -80% shield or two -70% shields. I agree the healing is a bonus, but in a 1v1 match (what most people do to raise thair pvp rank) the healing wont matter if the wraith 1 hit kills, which it usually does.

It doesnt have to be just a leviathan either, triton is also a very potent spell for the same pip cost as wraith. And when powered with gargantuan is 1100 max damage, only 100 under what leviathan can do. You seem to be over looking the main point of my post though, and that is that 75 damage is not a lot of damage and that there is no reason to take it out. To quote myself "I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to."


You want the full addition to Gargantuan, use Skeletal Pirate, which is only a 5 pip spell, which will actually do more damage than Wraith will, for 1 less pip... It does not heal, so it can do the exact same thing as you are talking about with Triton and Leviathan... It does not heal...

Now, this is not the End of the Game, I am sure Death will eventually get a powerful 1 hit attack again, without heals and without DOT, however, you might be happy about those DOT attacks, storm does not get them and everyone loves to spam those storm shields...

Now, I know what damage Wraith can do, so, save yourself the trouble and just use Skeletal Pirate instead of complaining about Wraith healing and the full use of Gargantuan does not go to attack because the spell also heals...

How unfair do you want to make it?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
10
darthjt wrote:
IsaacDragona wrote:
darthjt wrote:
IsaacDragona wrote:
I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to. So the "75 isnt much to comaplain about" arguement works both ways, be cause 75 also isnt enough to bother not adding. My vote is they should just add the extra 75 because it isnt fair to death. And "Drains are more powerful than normal damage spells"? HA! Tell that to a leviathan!


Leviathan can't heal you like wraith can... Wraith is also a 6 pip spell, compared to Storm's 8 pip Leviathan... Not sure what point you are getting to...

Skeletal Dragon can be more potent than Leviathan can be, considering it is a DOT attack, shredding shields... Where as Leviathan is minimized by just one shield...

Point of this post is, that the full use of Gargantuan is not added to drain spells... Some of the damage is added to the attack, where as the rest will be given to the heal, so it is quite fair...


The point isnt for skeletal dragon, I already know the immesne power of it. When critical it can hit 2000 per round. This is about wraith and scarecrow, which can also be ruined by a single shield. There are death shields and tower shields that cant be gotten around. In my opinion absorb shield aren't worth the pip cost when you can spend 0 pips on a -80% shield or two -70% shields. I agree the healing is a bonus, but in a 1v1 match (what most people do to raise thair pvp rank) the healing wont matter if the wraith 1 hit kills, which it usually does.

It doesnt have to be just a leviathan either, triton is also a very potent spell for the same pip cost as wraith. And when powered with gargantuan is 1100 max damage, only 100 under what leviathan can do. You seem to be over looking the main point of my post though, and that is that 75 damage is not a lot of damage and that there is no reason to take it out. To quote myself "I agree that only a 75 damage loss for wraith and scarecrow isnt much to complain about, but on the other hand is 75 really worth not adding? I mean really, do you honestly think that when hit by a wraith 75 damage is going to matter? Wraith hits 7000+ when fully powered, which not even an ice wizards health can stand to."


You want the full addition to Gargantuan, use Skeletal Pirate, which is only a 5 pip spell, which will actually do more damage than Wraith will, for 1 less pip... It does not heal, so it can do the exact same thing as you are talking about with Triton and Leviathan... It does not heal...

Now, this is not the End of the Game, I am sure Death will eventually get a powerful 1 hit attack again, without heals and without DOT, however, you might be happy about those DOT attacks, storm does not get them and everyone loves to spam those storm shields...

Now, I know what damage Wraith can do, so, save yourself the trouble and just use Skeletal Pirate instead of complaining about Wraith healing and the full use of Gargantuan does not go to attack because the spell also heals...

How unfair do you want to make it?


I agree with you about the pirate, and I actually do use my pirate. However, I dont see that adding an extra measly 75 damage to wraith is going to make it unfair. I'm actually not complaining, I don't care either way because I don't think 75 less damage matters. I'm simply pointing out a valid counter argument to what KI has said is the reason for not adding the full gargantuan benefit. They say it makes it too powerful, but its only a 75 point difference. I understand why its only 75, any more and it would make it unfair to death. But in hindsight 75 damage is such a low amount to take away that it wont make much of a difference. So taking away 75 damage from wraith in essence was completely pointless. Ergo: there is no reason why they shouldn't put the 75 damage back.

1