When I click on the Wizards icon, it brings up the check window, tells me I'm running the current version, then it goes to the initialization window. After it sits there for about 10 seconds, it goes into the Shutting Down process, where it seems to hang.
I'm becoming nervous as the demo version of CrossOver expires shortly, and then I will have no way to access Wiz101. (I don't have $50 to purchase it, unless KI wants to credit me the $$ for my year subscription? )
It's been a little over a week now, and I was hoping we might get an update, please.
I downloaded WineBottler (free/open source) and the windows '.exe' installer and rebottled the program in wine. It only took a few minutes for WineBottler to run the installer and create the program. It works like a charm now, just like it always does.
Has this been fixed yet??? It's now November... about a full month since the initial poster stating that it wouldn't open in Mavericks... I'm still having the issue. The test realm ALMOST opened, then decided to give me that 'shutdown' page..
First off my family and I thank KI for creating a game that caters to all ages. As a recent "convert" to Apple computers, I also appreciate that KI has made it possible for Mac users to play Wizard101.
I recently joined this message board in hopes of finding a solution for my inability to play Wizard101 since I chose to update my Mac OS. All I have seen so far was a "PC" statement to quiet the a.k.a. Mac users. It is important to realize that not all of us who peruse these forums are minors, and we are require "live" feedback from the moderators, not just programmed responses.
I also don't know how many paying accounts in your 35 million members are Mac users, but I am responsible for 3 of them and I am disappointed in the lack of attention this thread topic is getting from KI.
My billing cycle renewed shortly after I upgraded my Mac OS, and I am finding it hard to justify paying for another month without the benefit of playing your wonderful product.
Interesting that I would not be able to play higher level zones in Wizard101 if I chose to be a non-paying account, but yet your company receives my payments on time, without fail, while I and many others are still in the dark of KI's plans to resolve this matter for Mac users.
I humbly ask for some sort of update to your progress on this situation, or I will make another choice to place my money in another company's gaming concepts.
i had today these mail from wizard101: Thanks for your patience.
We have identified the cause of the issue with the new Mac OS X Mavericks and a resolution has been uploaded. Please be aware, it could take up to 24 hours for the Mac software “Sparkle” to update with the changes.
We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.
what do you think? its true? do i need to do something? or it will update automatically? did you also had the. same mail?
Just got a message today from KI saying they have fixed the problem with Apple up grade 10.9 and that it may take up to 24 hours for it to be up and running for us ..sure hope it hurries up..tired of not being able to play
We have identified the cause of the issue with the new Mac OS X Mavericks and a resolution has been uploaded to the Live game. Please be aware, it could take up to 24 hours for the Mac software to update with the changes, however we ask that if you are using Mac OS X Mavericks, to please run Wizard101 and login.
I got the test realm to work, but the game itself is still not loading. This is very frustrating- I haven't been able to play for over two weeks. If this problem persists I'll probably have to cancel my membership. :/