Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 not loading on Mac with Mavericks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
I have upgraded my iMac to OSX 10.9 Mavericks which released a few days ago, however the log in window is not appearing, is there a compatibility issue right now? I am not seeing this problem for Pirate101

Administrator
Thank you - we are working diligently with our partners at Codeweavers to address this as soon as possible!

Update!

We have identified the cause of the issue with the new Mac OS X Mavericks and a resolution has been uploaded to the Live game. Please be aware, it could take up to 24 hours for the Mac software to update with the changes, however we ask that if you are using Mac OS X Mavericks, to please run Wizard101 and login.

If you still encounter issues, let our team know through email to help@kingsisle.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Hey I'm having problems with Mavericks too What a waste of my membership....

Kelly RainbowCaster
Level 42
/

Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
I'm so glad someone asked this! I was planning on updating my Macbook Pro from Mountain Lion to Mavericks today, but if I can't play W101 then I'm not upgrading until it's fixed.

If P101 is working on Mavericks, then I can't imagine it being too hard to get W101 working as well. I know the devs are working hard on a bunch of stuff but is there any update on whether W101 is compatible with Mavericks, or when it might be? I have no problem waiting to upgrade until I know W101 is compatible, but I was just wondering if there's any word on whether this is an easy fix, or if it might be a while until it works on Mavericks.

Either way, thanks for your hard work!

Andrea

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
I just bought membership Please Fix this KI!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I am confused. I upgraded to Mavericks the day it was released, Tues the 22nd. I have played several times successfully since then. (Often for hours at a time.)

Today, however, when I click on the Wizards icon, it brings up the check window, tells me I'm running the current version, then it goes to the initialization window. After it sits there for about 10 seconds, it goes into the Shutting Down process, where it seems to hang.

If this was due to the upgrade, why wouldn't it have started on Tuesday?

(My plants & animals are going to be so ticked with me. )

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
I have had the Same problem. Screen would come up and say Force shut down. OS X Mavericks is not supporting Wizard 101. When will this problem be fixed?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2013
The last time a new mac OS was released, how long did it take to get a compatible version?

Survivor
Oct 03, 2013
I am as well having this problem. I was able to make it into the login screen for a second, then it crashed and force quitted itself. I REALLY hope this problem is fixed soon, I have a membership still going and I haven't used it since Tuesday. It's getting irritating at some times too.

Seth Water Crafter
Level 26
/

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Guys I am so glad you also have the same problem. I thought it was only me and that my programs was corrupted or something like this. I agree with some of you when saying that this is a waste of money. They should offer us a free month of subscription, bundle, or something. Please Wizard101 tell us what is going on.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Desperate for my Wiz fix, I resorted to the previous instructions for using Wizard101 on a Mac: http://www.codeweavers.com/via/wizard101 Although everything has to be re-downloaded, it does allow you to play the game! And it's free for 14 days, which gives Kings Isle time to fix it.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
You guys have made my day by making this message board I just updated to the new update and now I am quite upset that I cannot play it during my weekend. Hopefully they fix it before my membership runs out, if not what else can I do? I'll definitely miss playing and I hope they fix it soon. But its nice to see that I am not the only one with this problem, I seriously hope mac does not do another big update anytime soon and we don't have anymore problems. Haha so much hoping but I have no doubt Wizard101 will fix this ASAP.

Tara FairyBlossom Level 64
&
Tara GriffinBlossom Level 11

From The Realm of Wu

Survivor
Oct 03, 2013
So I have found a work around, which is to use my parents' iMac which still runs OS X 10.6, but it still is out of the way and not the best option for me. Hopefully the problem will be resolved soon!

Seth Watercrafter
Level 27
/

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
When will we know when we can play again?

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I know, I agree that they should give us a free month membership or something. I really hope they don't take too long to fix it because I'm having Wizard 101 withdrawals!

Kelly RainbowCaster
Level 42
/

Survivor
Apr 03, 2013
Just an update - I upgraded to Mavericks on Friday, and I had the same issues as everyone else initially, but I was able to get into the game yesterday and today and it worked just fine. I'm not sure if KI updated something on their end, but as of yesterday, the game is working perfectly on Mavericks. I'd recommend trying to play it again if you haven't tried in the past few days - hopefully it's working for everyone now! Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
gkgrl on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
Desperate for my Wiz fix, I resorted to the previous instructions for using Wizard101 on a Mac: http://www.codeweavers.com/via/wizard101 Although everything has to be re-downloaded, it does allow you to play the game! And it's free for 14 days, which gives Kings Isle time to fix it.
Yes! Thank you very much I am downloading it right now. Hopefully it works if not I will edit this post :). I have been craving to play again!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Apple provided developers access to Mavericks since June. Codeweaver could not have fixed the application before an October release? Very Sad !!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
I have the same issue I am going batty! Please help the new Upgrade does not allow you to play . I play this with my family and an highly upset now i can't

Survivor
Mar 24, 2013
I am glad to see too that i am not the only one! I have Mavericks since yesterday. I couldnt play the game today! I have deinstalled it and reinstalled. It doesnt worked... I hope that I can play it, although I have deinstalled and reinstalled it. And I hope they will fix it soon!!!

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Err Ma GERD.... I like really am having Wiz101 cravings!

PLEASE, please, please if you can get this fixed. I would love to get crossover but my computer broke the last time I did, and I really need my fix!

I hope KI fixes this soon :)

-Hunter

Survivor
Oct 20, 2013
Looks like a wine problem. I've already tried disabling all the memory managing stuff and app sleep settings, but it's still a no go.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
I understand that Kingslisle is busy with other things but I seriously hope they fix this ASAP. I have already posted 2 replies and this is my final one. I have been waiting for days and looking at this post and the site for any signs of an update. I am hoping they put the test realm live cause it might fix the mac problem. I have already in formed my friend not to update to mavericks if she wants to continue on playing. I made that silly mistake by downloading before noting what the update would change. But please I am asking if any of the administrators see this, I hope they respond to my emails and the emails of more batty players. The days on my membership and ticking away and so is my money. My garden in the game is going crazy I bet, but my main concern is my membership. This is wasting my valuable money and I am very upset. Wizard101 was my hobby and now that it is not even accessible makes me sad. I understand kingslisle is working on test realm bug fixes and such but they're losing players by not making Wizard compatible with mavericks. What I don't understand however, is how Pirate101 works and Wizard101 doesn't.

&
Tara GriffinBlossom Level 11

from the realm of Wu

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
I also am waiting, I have not been able to play for a while now. I completely regret updating it now. Please please please fix!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2013
Well when will it work? (how many days)