Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moving my brother onto my account?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2017
My brothers best friend started playing Wiz101 with membership, and since it was cheaper his friend made a family account so that my brothers account could be connected to him. Since then I have created an account to join them.

As of last week my brothers friend is unable to keep his family account membership up so my brother can no longer play due to high level toons.

I was wondering if my brother could somehow transfer his account to mine, and make mine a family account.

I am not looking to transfer toons we want to move his whole account to mine. Is this even possible or is my brothers $100+ spent Death Lv 62 and Storm Lv 100 just time and money wasted because we cant move his account.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SinorySinner on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
My brothers best friend started playing Wiz101 with membership, and since it was cheaper his friend made a family account so that my brothers account could be connected to him. Since then I have created an account to join them.

As of last week my brothers friend is unable to keep his family account membership up so my brother can no longer play due to high level toons.

I was wondering if my brother could somehow transfer his account to mine, and make mine a family account.

I am not looking to transfer toons we want to move his whole account to mine. Is this even possible or is my brothers $100+ spent Death Lv 62 and Storm Lv 100 just time and money wasted because we cant move his account.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Sorry, but once an account is attached as a family account, it can't be removed and added to another.

I am also sorry to say that what your brother's friend did in creating a family account and connecting your brother's account is against the ToU. Family accounts are supposed to be FAMILY, not friends.....

Unfortunately, your brother's account is lost. When KI finds the accounts and discovers they were NOT family, your brother's account and his friends account will be banned.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
First of all: you can't unlink linked accounts as far as I know.

First recommendation: try contacting support/help.

Second so probably not recommended, because it probably is a violation of Terms of Use is you could try the following:

Depending on the situation, and I don't know if I recommend this for you/ idk what the brother's friend would think. But you could possibly try just linking all three accounts under the brother friend account. The "Master/Primary" account doesn't need to have membership, just two of the accounts would need the membership. (One year long and the other can do the $7 monthly). This however might cause complications of who knows the master password and what not so I can see the brother friend (or parents) not wanting to give it out. And I would recommend that they didn't.

Another slightly better solution that isn't illegal to the Terms of Service is to just both get a year long membership when it is $60. Doing the math that is actually the cheapest option is for all accounts to have year long membership as it is only $5 a month, but I know that $60 can be a lot all at once especially for a kid.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
Sorry, but once an account is attached as a family account, it can't be removed and added to another.

I am also sorry to say that what your brother's friend did in creating a family account and connecting your brother's account is against the ToU. Family accounts are supposed to be FAMILY, not friends.....

Unfortunately, your brother's account is lost. When KI finds the accounts and discovers they were NOT family, your brother's account and his friends account will be banned.
There is nothing in the TOU against family accounts being anyone really, as long as people are not sharing account info and passwords, I think you are confused.

The problem being is the owner of the family account always has control of the sub accounts, so it is really not a good idea to hook up to a friend as things can happen.

Having said that, your brother is still free to buy a membership on his account whether the other guy keeps his membership active or not. As other posters have stated you can not unlink accounts once linked.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have heard others stating their accounts were banned by being linked with a friends account.

Here is why it is a bad idea to link accounts with friends.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/why-cant-account-from-family-account-42266

Too many things go wrong and you are out of an account.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
There is nothing in the TOU against family accounts being anyone really, as long as people are not sharing account info and passwords, I think you are confused.

The problem being is the owner of the family account always has control of the sub accounts, so it is really not a good idea to hook up to a friend as things can happen.

Having said that, your brother is still free to buy a membership on his account whether the other guy keeps his membership active or not. As other posters have stated you can not unlink accounts once linked.
I don't think KI intended for accounts to be link to FRIEND accounts when they released this in 2008.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/announcements/2008september30

Survivor
Apr 11, 2017
DragonLady1818 on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:

Thank you all for the info as well. I read the TOU and did not find anything other than they can ban you at any time for anything they didn't put in the TOU which I must say was rather unsettling with so many people putting in so much money for it to be gone like that due to half hearted or lies being reported to support.

When it comes to the passwords and everything we are talking about all 3 of us being over 18 years old, all living under the same roof, just financially it was easier for them to save because they both wanted to play again like old times.

And DragonLady1818 to come right out and say that we "will be banned" was rather harsh, if there are younger children in the forum they would be terrified and even traumatized if this game meant so much to them, so please refrain from saying stuff like that unless you are an Admin, my inner 12 year old got scared till I read the TOU myself.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
SinorySinner on Jun 15, 2017 wrote:
Thank you all for the info as well. I read the TOU and did not find anything other than they can ban you at any time for anything they didn't put in the TOU which I must say was rather unsettling with so many people putting in so much money for it to be gone like that due to half hearted or lies being reported to support.

When it comes to the passwords and everything we are talking about all 3 of us being over 18 years old, all living under the same roof, just financially it was easier for them to save because they both wanted to play again like old times.

And DragonLady1818 to come right out and say that we "will be banned" was rather harsh, if there are younger children in the forum they would be terrified and even traumatized if this game meant so much to them, so please refrain from saying stuff like that unless you are an Admin, my inner 12 year old got scared till I read the TOU myself.
Well, if FRIENDS are linked, their accounts are in jeopardy. DragonLady1818 is correct.

Linking accounts is for FAMILY members ONLY, not friends, not acquaintances, not strangers ... FAMILY.

And now, once linked, it cannot be undone.

There isn't any reason why your brother cannot have his own membership. Yes, it's a bit cheaper when you have the "family plan" but that doesn't mean he has to stop playing.

I have a Family account. There are 2 accounts linked (W101 x 2 and P101 x 2). Only my main account has a membership, the rest are FTP or Crowns.