Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I have this horrendous lag. I have windows 7 and my computer is said that i can play any game I want with out a problem. So its not my operating system. I barely have any downloads. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I have this bad lag while I play and its really disturbing. I dont have a lot of files on my computer and I have a good and new computer. What should I do!? This really disrupts game time. Every once in a while it will stop for like 2 minutes.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Is the lag experienced when loading to a new area? If so, you may want to check how many Treasure Cards you have in your deck. Wizards with many, many treasure cards have reported it taking a long time to load that character every time they change areas.

If the lag is experienced generally, check to see if your anti-virus or some other program may be running updates in the background while you play. I can always tell when my anti-virus is scanning, because everything slows down.

Hope that helps you out.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Willowdreamer wrote:
Is the lag experienced when loading to a new area? If so, you may want to check how many Treasure Cards you have in your deck. Wizards with many, many treasure cards have reported it taking a long time to load that character every time they change areas.

If the lag is experienced generally, check to see if your anti-virus or some other program may be running updates in the background while you play. I can always tell when my anti-virus is scanning, because everything slows down.

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks, but I never have that. Maybe because I have chat programs running or the internet.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The lag can also be your connection.

I have satellite connection and sometimes it lags on me, never by 2 minutes, but still a lag every so often especially during bad weather.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Try lowering particle settings in option menu too. The lower the better performance. Even try switching to less crowded realms, It might not be you it just might be the realm you are on.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Drifter69 wrote:
Try lowering particle settings in option menu too. The lower the better performance. Even try switching to less crowded realms, It might not be you it just might be the realm you are on.
Ill try. My computer is strict for gaming so, I dont think it would be the relam. Maybe connection because sometimes I get logged out.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Ye i get lag to once i lagged for 4min and i was in a battle so then i lost :(

Jared DeathBlade Level 25 or 26 Necromancer secondary school Pyromancer

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I tried everything so far! I am right now redownloading the game. I hope it works for the time it takes. :]

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I also fixed all bugs on my computer with Norton so if it doesnt work it must be my connection.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
To help reduce lag, there should be a distance option and music off switch. I noted that most of my game lag was from my anti-virus do a scan, so I limited its abilities.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You can turn music and sounds off.

If windowed, you can reduce the size of the screen and turn various video options off or down to help.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I still want sound, but not music. They need another switch. I also suggested using midi music to reduce memory useage.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I lowered my setting, but my computer still blanks out and recovers. The only thing I didn't change is the resolution.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Hey people. I have been experiencing lagg for quite sometime and everytime i pvp i freeze lag sometimes i even miss my turn. I was just wondering how you can prevent lag from this game. I already turned all my options low and it worked a little. Can anyone help me and i would like the Admins to answer this. Thanks i aprreaciate it :P

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
ok i get in game and go to load to my home i disappear and watch the timer tick from 60 to 0 and i still am not in my room. the icon comes up to click again but i cant caus ei am froze. any time i amin fight after fight it freezes. any time turn in or get a quest, it freezes. this has only started since wintertusk came in. i was playing this game before celest went test. never had this problem till now. any help here would be appreciated. thanks

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
I have the same problem, where right after i log in to the game it atumaticlly freezes and it just stays there. I want to know what is happening. I am getting really sick of it. I don't know if its my computer or if its the game itself.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
It might be your computer, are you playing on a different one than before? On my laptop the game almost never freezes and runs smooth but on my desktop the game sometimes freezes ( not really bad but in patches). Also I saw the news for this week and there was an "empty your backpack" news. I think they were saying if you empty your backpack you have less things the game needs to keep up with and less lag.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
lanstar06 wrote:
ok i get in game and go to load to my home i disappear and watch the timer tick from 60 to 0 and i still am not in my room. the icon comes up to click again but i cant caus ei am froze. any time i amin fight after fight it freezes. any time turn in or get a quest, it freezes. this has only started since wintertusk came in. i was playing this game before celest went test. never had this problem till now. any help here would be appreciated. thanks

my computer runs fine its perfect no lag questing but when i pvp it freeze and i'm frozen till the match is over i'v lost my rank cause of it and honestly its not a fun feeling i tryed loging back in during it but it just happens a second time and its iratading the oters players just take advange but all i can do is try to hurry before i die if thats lag i dont like it at all it really takes my reason to play pvp and the gaer is something i love to get but ill cant get it with lag

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
ok problem found but need to know how to fix it. i notice last night when i load i would cntl+alt+del to bring up porcess. the wizard graphical clinet is pulling 50 to 52 % everytime i load. i know thats way to much can anyone tell me why it pulling so much.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
lanstar06 wrote:
ok problem found but need to know how to fix it. i notice last night when i load i would cntl+alt+del to bring up porcess. the wizard graphical clinet is pulling 50 to 52 % everytime i load. i know thats way to much can anyone tell me why it pulling so much.

You may have a corrupted file.

This happened to me one time. The only difference is that my game would freeze during a certain file on launch. You may have to reinstall the game if you haven't already. You could also put in a ticket to support, they may be able to tell you what file is causing problems.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
tomschase wrote:
It might be your computer, are you playing on a different one than before? On my laptop the game almost never freezes and runs smooth but on my desktop the game sometimes freezes ( not really bad but in patches). Also I saw the news for this week and there was an "empty your backpack" news. I think they were saying if you empty your backpack you have less things the game needs to keep up with and less lag.

Maybe I should try that.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing severe lag this morning? I've logged in and out three times (hoping that it would help solve the lag issue), but it hasn't helped the situation any. And, mind you, to log out, I have to go back to my desktop and manually close Wizard101. Even clicking on quit doesn't work in game.

I'm zoning to new areas, but the NPC's aren't generating, and it takes forever to zone.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
Hey Witcheaven!
No, you are definitely not the only one! Im seriously irritated at the game right now personally... I can't be on for more than a few minutes before it freezes on me. I've had to close it manually every time. It's been happeneing since I logged on last night. all night it just got worst and worst until I finally gave up and went to bed. Tonight I got back on to the same thing...
(and its not my computer, because World of Warcraft is working fine as well as a few of my other games). Since Im now super hooked to this game, I really hope someone can help me fix this problem...
Thanks!
Fynix