Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get to Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2016
Wish I didn't have to do the whole of Grizzleheim first :c

It kinda stinks =/

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
level doesn't matter unless finish grizzleheim (Mirkholm Keep) last world to open ravenscar but first defeat jotun open ravenscar then finish ravenscar (once finish ravenscar) open wintertusk but first level up wizard before enter wintertusk (do in dragonspyre) getting level 48 spell be harder (most school enter labyrinth 2-4 times mostly likely if are a myth wizard there quest longer then others school because of the school pets!

Survivor
May 30, 2016
navybat103 on Jun 6, 2011 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
i know you wrote this exactly 5 years ago because this post was posted 6/6 and so was yours

wintertusk is lvl 40 for a reason. and lvl 40 is no match for wintertusk.
wintertusk is really hard and gives a lot of exp and gear.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2015
nice to know how to go there although i have not even tryed that

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
Rider9999 on Jun 15, 2011 wrote:
Ok whoever is wondering how to get to wintertusk just read this,you first have to reach level 20 so you can get to grizzlehiem after this follow all the main quests which will lead you to blood brother you must be level 40 to get into this dungeon. You will have to defeat 4 raven brothers trying to in slave grizzlehiem in a cold never ending winter. Each of these brothers have about 4'000 health. When you complete this quest you should talk to the person you need to talk too and then after they give you your reward you should not get another quest. After this go to Merle Ambrose's office and you should get a quest to talk to the king of grizzlehiem in NorthGuard. He will tell you that a huge area of grizzlehiem has been frozen which means that the ravens have completed their goal to freeze grizzlehiem. After this you should get a quest to talk to the bear in olde town of wizard city and he should take you to wintertusk. Good Luck fellow wizards! :D
and you need friends to help you , if they will. I'm having trouble with this one. Can kill the small one they I get killed .it's very hard on one person doing this one.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2016
Hi I'm a level 48 ice wizard and I'm pretty sure I have completed the blood brothers quest because I am able to fight the 4 ravens at any time and I still haven't got the wintertusk quest so can anybody help me and figure out what I need to do to to get wintertusk?

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Melissa Greenrunne... on Jun 22, 2011 wrote:
I talked to the king and I'm on the quest for Jotun. Is that anywhere close?
that's right before ravenscar. after ravenscar you can go to wintertusk if you are lvl 40

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
So I am level 50, & I'm not finding the quest from Bjorn to talk to the king, he doesn't have anything to give me. I'm not sure how far I am into Grizzleheim, is there a way I can figure that out?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Grizzleheim is long and annoying, I know, but with patience, you can get through it. When you finish up Grizzleheim, you should be around level 40. DON'T GO THERE AT THAT LEVEL. There are very high level monsters that can absolutely destroy you there. Be around level 55-60 before you enter. It gives a bunch of xp and good gear though, so it's worth going through.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
for those of you who still doesn't know how to get into wintertusk, then try going to Savarstaad pass and talk to Shagen Shieldbreaker. There he will give you a main quest for grizzleheim.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2017
Professor Greyrose on May 29, 2011 wrote:
You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk.
Hey i'm nearly level 43 and i am wondering when and where to get winter tusk plus what order of the worlds
From Christo frostglade

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
navybat103 on Jun 6, 2011 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
There are many areas of Grizzleheim just like any other world but Grizzleheim it gradually gets harder as you progress in the world, I'm a level 51 wizard and yet I struggle with wintertusk, it gets extremely difficult even for higher level wizards like me. I have been playing the game for about 8-9 years and I just got to wintertusk, you don't have to play 24/7, you can play whenever you like and eventually (if you are patient enough) you can advance to other worlds, you have to level up because the monsters in other worlds will be more difficult to defeat then the world you were previously on. I hope this explanation is enough, but I also hope you understand my point.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
niceboy13 on Jun 21, 2011 wrote:
I am level 42 and Bjorn is not giving me quest to talk to the king.

hey, I understand, I think I was about level 48 when I got the quest to go to Wintertusk, Its really all about if you comlpeted all of the areas in Grizzleheim, and if you have just use quest finder to see if the quest will become available to you.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
To anyone still asking, Gurtok the Barrier Demon is the one who gives you the Blood Brother quest. He's in Ravenscar's underground cave; so basically, finish all of Ravenscar. But as many other players had suggested, you must be lvl 40+ or 50 to complete so that you can then go to Wintertusk. Join a team if you must.

Calamity Bluethorn
lvl 48 Balance

Survivor
Oct 29, 2017
If you wan't to have a easy go at wintertusk just do dragonspire really, am just doing it to get the gear.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2014
Hi. I'm a level 87 death wizard and I still haven't been to Wintertusk. I completed all of Grizzleheim and I was never sent to talk to Merle Ambrose. I don't know what happened there, and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thank you.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2012
Professor Greyrose on May 29, 2011 wrote:
You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk.
That’s good to know.

Survivor
May 17, 2019
I am a level130 storm and i can't do my spell quest or get a quest from that area

Survivor
May 17, 2019
Where do i get the quest to rescue grandmother raven please help it been monthes trying to figure out how to get to that place

Survivor
Jul 31, 2015
You should complete Dragonspire before beginning Wintertusk.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2020
I have received the quest "The Runedown" and "Balancing Egg" which both require me to go on the boat. However, I can not seem to go on the boat. I have also tried teleporting to friends and it worked but the place I need to go is locked. I feel like it's because I might have not unlocked it. But I have no quests about Wintertusk or Grizzleheim I think. When I click Quest Finder, it says I have no more quests in this world. Right now, the only main quest I have is "Wild Zorses" in Zafaria which is the normal main main story quest. I have went to Merle Ambrose but he has nothing for me. I don't know whether or not I have completed Grizzleheim since there is signs pointing in both directions. It is not a level problem since I am already a Legendary. I'm quite confused.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2016
So I’m currently a lvl 58 Ice Wizard, I’ve done every single quest in Grizzleheim and I’m most certainly sure of it because whenever I’m in Grizzleheim I always “Search for quests” and it always tells me there are no more quests available in this world. So, how is that possible? I’ve not gotten a single quest to go to Wintertusk...

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Nicole WinterFount... on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
So I’m currently a lvl 58 Ice Wizard, I’ve done every single quest in Grizzleheim and I’m most certainly sure of it because whenever I’m in Grizzleheim I always “Search for quests” and it always tells me there are no more quests available in this world. So, how is that possible? I’ve not gotten a single quest to go to Wintertusk...
After you have done the quest "Blood Brother", which is the very last quest in Ravenscar, Merle Ambrose will prompt you to go talk to Bjorn Ironclaws in Northguard. The name of this quest is "Cold News". That is the start of the Wintertusk storyline.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2021
Bucisfav on Jun 21, 2011 wrote:
You MUST complete the Grizzlehiem Quests going through each area. There is no quick way through. There are two 4 person group fights that are impossible to solo. KI might want to adapt a "looking for group" area or make the fights not require 3 or four players. The fight against Jotun and the final Coven fight are the fights I am referring to,
If you take out Jotuns brothers first, then Jotun is pretty easy to Solo :) I was level 50 and did him in about 10 min. But understand what you mean.

Survivor
May 29, 2016
I believe you access it after grizzleheim