Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Flopinator on Jul 2, 2009 wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.
Mist Wood- Very common in grassy areas, if you can't find any, check the Bazaar. The have tons there.

Stone Block- These are rarely in the Bazaar, so don't bother checking. These can be found in Krok hallways, but there's a bounty in Wysteria. Check Pegasus Place and Tanglewood Way. There's lots there.

Ore- Krok is good for this, pretty sure they're good in stock at the Bazaar.

Deep Mushroom- Not very sure....

Catails- Anywhere with water. Unicorn Way pond, Krok Oasis, Mooshu ponds, ect. Of course, this means there's a lot in the Bazaar, but that should be a last resort since they're so common.

Black Lotus- In grassy areas like mist wood, but is a bit harder to find. Well stocked in Bazaar.

Scrolls- Can be randomly found in Krok hallways. Very common to be lying around in Wysteria. Well stocked in Bazaar.

Other things I know of:

Red Mandrake- Easily found in Nightside. You can even go in and out and there should be another. Well stocked in Bazaar.

Leather Straps- Go to Mooshu and defeat some cows. Since they're cows, they'll drop leather at a high rate. Of course, it's common to find in the Bazaar

Bronze Gear- Defeat some robot-related things, like clockworks in MB. Easy to get from that, and it's also common in the Bazaar

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
In Marleybone, I find cat tails in the fountain at digmoore station and Stone-blocks tend to randomly appear in the in the Vault of Ice near or in the entrance hall way.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
You can find an absolute ABUNDANCE of Cattail in Marleybone. Every fountain there usually has 3-5 Cattail in it. And usually the only people there farming there are looking for Scrap Iron. Hope this helps, everyone.
Hunter Spellstone
Lvl 42 Master

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
I don't know if this has been said, but you can find kelp, stone blocks and shells in the city underneath triton avenue. Also you can find red mandrake behind the tower in dark cave in triton avenue.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Trey M on Jul 6, 2009 wrote:
here is the places i found my items:

Mistwood: easy difficulty: i buy from bazzar or get in moo shu(update wil increase amount of mistwood in the areas)

Parchment:med-high difficulty: i found loads in the krokosphinx. i got 3 of them in the main entrance and 6 in the grand arena.

Cattails: EASY difficulty: found just about everywhere from wiz to ms in water.

Ore: easy-med. difficulty: i find in krok ms and ds and have over 50 of them. 100's in bazzar.

Deep Mushroom:easiest difficulty: found anywhere and everywhere from krok to ds on roads and sidewalks even ontop of fences(found 2 like that)

Scrap Iron: Hard difficulty: i am on that quest for them in marleybone now and have only aquired around 5.i got 3 from bazar and 2 from regents square.(update increases amount of these around marleybone)

Leath straps:easy-med. difficulty:found from drops or bought in bazzar(were 75 there last time i saw)

GEMS(onyx,sapphire,citrine):regeant vendors:EVERY WORLD

Gohst fire:Easy Difficulty:i buy from moo shu vendor.

Bone:easy-medium:found from drops or purchased in bazzar.

Bronze Gear:easy-med. diffculty:bought from bazzar.(not sure where you get them from but i am sure is from drops or rare item from scrap iron)Bazzar has loads though.

Stone Block:easy-Medium difficulty:Found in dragonspyre in the antheum or on no combat areas within the tower of archives:-(easiest place for ME to find them)also in krokotopia and mooshu and marleybone lol.

Sorry people thats all i know of right now but i will update list every now and again of places where regeants are common. 8)

Travis&Tyler Spiritstrider- grandmaster death and fire

Thomas Spiritstrider- master diviner anyone who has any more info plz post here i think this is a great idea. :-) 8)
Mist Wood- Extremely common. Can be found throughout the spiral, especially in Wizard City, Mooshu, and Zafaria.

Parchment- Common-Uncommon. Can only be found in Krokotopia.

Cattails- Extremely common. Can be found in most parts of the spiral, mainly in Wizard City(lots in triton avenue),Marleybone, and Mooshu.

Ore- Uncommon. Can only be found in certain parts of the spiral. some in Wizard City (haunted cave), likely to find more in Dragonspyre.

Deep Mushroom- Common-Uncommon. Can be found in certain parts of the spiral. Some in Wizard City(lots behind the shop buildings in the Shopping District), Lots in Mooshu and Dragonspyre.

Scrap Iron- Uncommon-Rare. Can only be found in certain parts of the spiral. Some in Marleybone, Some in Celestia.

Stone Blocks- Common-Uncommon. Can be found in certain parts of the spiral. Some in Dragonspyre and Marleybone, but lots in Celestia.

Lava Lilly- Uncommon-Rare. Can only be found in Dragonspyre.

Shell- Uncommon-Rare. Can only be found in Celestia.

Kelp-Uncommon-Rare. Can only be found in Celestia.

Pearl-Uncommon-Rare. Can only be found in Celestia.

Blood Moss- Rare. Dropped from certain Bosses.

Bronze Gear- Uncommon-Rare. Dropped from certain Enemies and Bosses.

Acorn-Rare.Can occasionally be collected when collecting Mist Wood.

Lilly- Rare. Can occasionally be collected when collecting Cattail.

Diamond-Rare. Can occasionally be collected when collecting Ore.

Fire Blossom-Rare. Can occasionally be collected when collecting Lava Lillies.

Black Pearl- Very Rare. Can rarely be collected when collecting Pearls.

Golden Pearl- Very Rare. Can rarely be collected when collecting Pearls.

That's everything I know about reagent locations. If I made any mistakes please let me know!

Lenora Spiritthorn
Legendary Diviner

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Blackpink5678 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Mist Wood- Extremely common. Can be found throughout the spiral, especially in Wizard City, Mooshu, and Zafaria.

Cattails- Extremely common. Can be found in most parts of the spiral, mainly in Wizard City(lots in triton avenue),Marleybone, and Mooshu.

Ore- Uncommon. Can only be found in certain parts of the spiral. some in Wizard City (haunted cave), likely to find more in Dragonspyre.

Deep Mushroom- Common-Uncommon. Can be found in certain parts of the spiral. Some in Wizard City(lots behind the shop buildings in the Shopping District), Lots in Mooshu and Dragonspyre.

Scrap Iron- Uncommon-Rare. Can only be found in certain parts of the spiral. Some in Marleybone, Some in Celestia.

Stone Blocks- Common-Uncommon. Can be found in certain parts of the spiral. Some in Dragonspyre and Marleybone, but lots in Celestia.

That's everything I know about reagent locations. If I made any mistakes please let me know!

Lenora Spiritthorn
Legendary Diviner
Just to point out some mistakes

Kelp- can also be found in deep warrens in Underwater triton

Stone block- there is a abundance in Krokotopia ( got over 80 blocks before just going through the the first part of krok)

that's all I wanted to say, hope this helps

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
I used to go to Stone Town and search all over it and keep switching realms. It has lots of stone blocks, black lotus, silver/wooden, chests and sometimes sandstones. There are always at least 6 harvests each time you switch realms here.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
If you want great reagents, plant Evil Magma Peas. They grow very fast to elder, have lots are likes and commonly drop great reagents. At mature, they commonly drop sandstone and aether. They also drop black lotus. At elder, they drop mostly golden pearls, sunstones, black pearls and lots of gold ranging from 500-1000 a plant. They also guarenteed drop one 40-50 xp pet snack and feint, cleanse charm and pierce treasure cards. Even though these sound expensive, there are sales sometimes and they are worth it because you can quickly train pets.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I can list a lot of reagents because,I love doing crafting!

Mist wood: triton avenue find the rope to crab alley then turn around so you are facing a tree rite below the tree there is mist wood.

Stone block: Krokotopia go anywhere that is in tunnels and run around and you can find some easily!

Ore: Go to the minigame sigal in dragonspyre and go to the very back there is some.

Catails: go where there is a lake this can be found in any world. run along the water until you find some

Deep mushrooms: In the wizard city shopping district, go behind the shops there is many there.

Scrap iron: Marleybone find a rooftop ( that is the main thing you walk on in MB) look along the sides and you can find scrap iron.

Lava lily: Go to dragonspyre in the athenuem and walk forwards until you find the lava running and there CAN be some there not always there though.

Acorn: You can actually find this one but when you find mist wood and get it it can also come with a acorn sometimes.

Diamond: When you find ore it can rarely come with diamond.

Blood moss: never found this one but have got it from a lot of bosses.

Black Lotus: Find the spiral door in axteca and go to the spots behind it there is one back there in a corner.

Red mandrake: found everywhere in wizard city but I always look for it in nightside.

Bronze gear: marleybone and defeat some clockworks.

Leather straps: In grizzlehielm find some Grendel urchins they drop this a lot.

All reagents: Go to the bazzar and find the reagents tab! They don't have all the reagents in the game her but its most of them!

Very sorry if any of this spelling or locations are wrong on the list! And there is one reagent I cant find and I don't want to waste any money because I am saving up for a nice house. And its Jade I have looked all over and never seen any jade lying around so. Please tell me if you know where I can find some!

Paige Night, level 60 Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Good luck!!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Blackpink5678 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:

Lenora Spiritthorn
Legendary Diviner
Actually, you're incorrect on two of those. I've found kelp and shells in Crab Alley several times. Just so you know.
-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
In marleybone I find like 10 cattail everytime I check in a spot. If you got to that little circle with four directions in Hyde Park on of the directions will take you to a fountain and once you get close up there is a lot of cattail and everytime I check there there is loads of cattail.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2013
wintermagic on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
You probably already know there is a man who sells black coal in Olde Town in Wizard City.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I have the same problem, but it's with fossils. Anyone know where I can surefire-ly find them? Thanks.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
If you are struggling with finding cat tails, there are tons of them in Marleybone where they are in almost any water.
Alex Silverstone, level 55

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I know some good places for Stone Blocks. Crab Alley, Palace of Fire, Knight's Court, Scotland Yard Roof, The Atheneum, Dragonspyre Academy, and others.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I know this isn't exactly related to the topic, but if you don't want to struggle,

1. Get your reagents from the bazaar.

2. Get the rest from the reagent vendor.

3. If there is anything else left, scout for it. and finally

4. Find out about the crafting quest you plan to do before you do it so you can get the reagents in advance. A good place to find out about these crafting quests is to type the name of the quest, the item your trying to craft,
or the person that gives the quests.

Step #4 was especially helpful for me when i decided to start crafting (I was in Celestia before i was an apprentice crafter, LOL)

Connor Ironblood level 57, almost 58,

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
You can also find some scrap iron in Wintertusk and black lotus in Savannah in Zafaria.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Diamond Dust on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Just to point out some mistakes

Kelp- can also be found in deep warrens in Underwater triton

Stone block- there is a abundance in Krokotopia ( got over 80 blocks before just going through the the first part of krok)

that's all I wanted to say, hope this helps
Yeah, I just realized that right after I posted that message!

Lenora Spiritthorn, archmage level 87

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Blaze Battle Dream... on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
I have the same problem, but it's with fossils. Anyone know where I can surefire-ly find them? Thanks.
Fossils are transmute and rare collections, so you can get them by transmuting stone blocks or just collecting lots of stone block and get one every so often.Hope this helped.

Lenra Spiritthorn Archmage level 87

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Okay, I have some updates on the previous post now that I have been to more worlds:

Sandstone(NOT transmute only)- Very rare. Can be found in hidden places in certain worlds.The worlds are: Zafaria(Can be found in Savannah, one in front of a cave, two can be found at the feet of the two statues at Nemean Rock. Also can be found in Stone Town, in between some of the houses and in little nooks and crannies) and Krokotopia( Palace of fire, Throne room of Fire, etc.).

Mist Wood- Extremely common. Can also be found all over the Zocalo in Azteca and at the commons place in Zafaria.

That's everything I can recall on this update. Please let me know if I made any mistakes.Hope this helped.

Lenora Spiritthorn Archmage level 87

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I hesitate to post spoilers here, so I won't. But I do urge you all to ask your level 100 friends where they get their reagents. Good luck, and happy crafting. (yes, it is worth it)
Amber Raven Song,

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
I know that you can find a lot of Mistwood in Unicorn Way and Cyclops Lane in Wizard City. Hope I helped!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
AmberRavenSong7 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
I hesitate to post spoilers here, so I won't. But I do urge you all to ask your level 100 friends where they get their reagents. Good luck, and happy crafting. (yes, it is worth it)
Amber Raven Song,
would like to know if there is a vendor that sell recipe for turquiose and amber

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
how does one harvest for rare gems, such as diamonds, or where can they be found w/o too much problem.

BlackPanther1648
Level 62

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I Honestly think that they should more regents in the Bazaar like sunstones! so that people can buy it and craft the thing that they need to craft! Like 5 ins't enough there are more then 5 players! its so annoying! just pisses me off so much!