Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why wont low lvls except they cant be in cl?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Firefan02 wrote:
Lower level people can be in Celestia because KI allows paying members access to ALL worlds. YOU need to accept that. KI makes the "rules" for their game. They have shown no interest in world locks.

If nine out of every ten people would turn off their ports this would not be such an issue.

I have not seen that many lower level people in Celestia. When I do it is in Base Camp.

I had a lower level friend port into my battle after he asked. He stayed with me and was a tremendous help. That did not hurt anybody else. I think he did what KI intended. He helped his friend and got a taste of Celestia.

If a lower level jumps into your battle you under no obligation to help them. If they die enough they might get the message.

Megan


They have said they'd think about something similar to a world lock.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
Angelocean wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:
Lower level people can be in Celestia because KI allows paying members access to ALL worlds. YOU need to accept that. KI makes the "rules" for their game. They have shown no interest in world locks.

If nine out of every ten people would turn off their ports this would not be such an issue.

I have not seen that many lower level people in Celestia. When I do it is in Base Camp.

I had a lower level friend port into my battle after he asked. He stayed with me and was a tremendous help. That did not hurt anybody else. I think he did what KI intended. He helped his friend and got a taste of Celestia.

If a lower level jumps into your battle you under no obligation to help them. If they die enough they might get the message.

Megan


They have said they'd think about something similar to a world lock.


I hope so and I hope it is a world lock. If you don't have the key you can't go there until you do.

Since I posted that I have become a world lock fan. People exploiting a bug (now fixed) in the Chancel made me realize world locks are needed.

Megan


Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
sphll99 wrote:
I am a level 43, do you count THAT as low lvl? and is there an lvl requirement cuz i need to know.


no there isnt a lvl requirement to port (i wish there was) but there is to have access through your door. and yes that is considered a low lvl in only cl other worlds no

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Dodgee wrote:

When I was a "noob" no one told me I could not be anywhere. As a matter of fact I had people requesting me to come help them in MB, DS, MS, and GH.
I got called upon so many times that a few times I just put up my "does not want to be disturbed" response on. Granted I was shocked when I saw the ranks and health on some of these bosses but it was challenging and fun. No I do not discourage "noobs" from going anywhere. They or their parents or whomever paid for them to have a membership to play Wizard101, and from what I have read that membership allows them to be anywhere and everywhere their membership allows. Some of the dungeons in CL and other places are great places to level up and rather quickly I might add. So who can blame anyone for wanting to go there.
Yes I do agree, many times it would be nice to ask permission prior to entering an ongoing battle, but it is not like it is anything new. Players were jumping into battles unannounced even in WC and the other worlds also. Also how do you know if those players didn't just get sucked into the battle. I have had that done to me on more than one occassion.
It is just a game so get over it.


ok if they come in once in a while there not that annoying. but its the ones who mark thier location and stay there every single day that annoy me. i dedicated most of my time now to teachin low levels why they shouldnt spend much time in celestia.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
StormWizard1201 wrote:
Dude, don't go all calling people " low - level " and stupid. If they want to check out Celestia, THEY CAN. You don't own Celestia do you? Nope. Wizard101 does. So, get used to it.

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice

"Fizzling is learning..."
You dont get that weak noobs can join fight in cl can mess up your traps or flee when the extra enemies comes.It seems as if YOU are the weak noob cause you disagree.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
woot000 wrote:
StormWizard1201 wrote:
Dude, don't go all calling people " low - level " and stupid. If they want to check out Celestia, THEY CAN. You don't own Celestia do you? Nope. Wizard101 does. So, get used to it.

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice

"Fizzling is learning..."
You dont get that weak noobs can join fight in cl can mess up your traps or flee when the extra enemies comes.It seems as if YOU are the weak noob cause you disagree.


yep he probably is

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
Come on! guys if lower lvls came into your battle work around it! come on almost all the schools have effect all spell(minus life but they have the healing jazz) and i know you can use it i know fire dragon is mostly what i use in cl cause its good i dont care if a lower lvl comes in and adds another enemy, if he helps he helps if he flees it doesnt really matter! i will use dragon either way so suck it up and deal with it! you were all lower lvls once and i bet every single one of you ported at least once to a world not on your level! i know i help A LOT when my friend was in cl when it was first coming out, and i was only MAGUS! so anyone no matter who it is can be helpful, and if there not, cry us a river build a bridge AND GET THE OVER IT.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
52
" low levels do not belong in cl " "Low levels get me killed " "You are one of the noobs cause you do not agree" Really you guys need a new pass time oh or better yet learn the art of proper deck construction and strategy and quit your whinning and crying. I do not agree with you and I am not one of your "noobs" as i have played the game through without ever going to a world I was not ready for( a choice not a requirement ) I solo the whole game and had many do exactly what happened to you but, did I run to the message boards and start whining about it? NO I adapted to overcome the obstacle. Try looking at your deck and perhaps putting back some of those lower level spells you dislike them taking your traps and stuff with and adding more life for yourself. If you people would spend as much time working on your decks and strategy as you do whining you might actually get some where. This is a great game for ALL to play HOWEVER THEY DECIDE it is not for you to decide what others should or should not be doing. If I can get it done ( I am not that great a player) then so can you if you use your brains for strategy instead of whining. Has it ever crossed your minds that these people might be trying to teach you rude and mindless whinners a lesson like stop relying on you strongest spells and start learning how to adapt to overcome an obstacle? Words to the wise always be properly prepared for anything (ANYTHING) and spend your time and energy on a better strategy and deck construction and less time whinning.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
akifoniq99 wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:
Lower level people can be in Celestia because KI allows paying members access to ALL worlds. YOU need to accept that. KI makes the "rules" for their game. They have shown no interest in world locks.

If nine out of every ten people would turn off their ports this would not be such an issue.

I have not seen that many lower level people in Celestia. When I do it is in Base Camp.

I had a lower level friend port into my battle after he asked. He stayed with me and was a tremendous help. That did not hurt anybody else. I think he did what KI intended. He helped his friend and got a taste of Celestia.

If a lower level jumps into your battle you under no obligation to help them. If they die enough they might get the message.

Megan


i wasd in the crustation empire and i see a lvl 15. he goes into my fight then FLEES!!!!!!!!!! And course i end up dieing witch gives me the rite to be mad!!!!!!

Sorry to be off topic for a second but you should fix up your grammer a little. Okay then, back to topic. I have to agree with firefan about letting low levels in higher level worlds cause they payed to play this game. Would you like it if you payed maybe for a year worth of sub and been dying to go to CL but when it finally came out, it would say your level is too low to get in? That is how our lower level friends feel. They payed to visit ALL of the worlds. That is also the reason KI is letting the low levels in. KI is a company who earns money off us subscribers and need to give EVERYONE what they payed for. Otherwise, KI could get in some trouble. So, low levels have every right to be in the high level worlds.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 conjurer



First of all, let me say that I have no problem with lower level wizards being in Celestia as long as they show the proper etiquette:

Don't jump into battles without asking first.

Once they are in a battle fight smartly (don't ruin feints or other traps with low level unboosted attacks).

Be ready to work to boost the attacks of higher level wizards and/or heal other wizards as it makes the best use of each wizard's skills. Don't worry about killing an enemy by yourself. Be willing to focus on setting the stage and finishing off an injured enemy to stop them from attacking. Personally, I don't care who finishes the guy off as long as he can't hit me anymore.

Having said that, the fact that these lower level wizards are paying members is the worst reason for letting them port to Celestia. Any wizard who can travel beyond the first area of Wizard City has paid to play the game, either by purchasing a subscription or a rather large amount of crowns. So, picking sides makes no sense. Letting them in angers some of the higher level wizards and keeping them out angers some lower level wizards. You can't make everyone happy here. Furthermore, at it's heart Wizard101 is a quest game. Buy a quest game for a console once and try to tell the game you should be able to go anywhere in the game without working your way there. Not an effective strategy, and you own that game rather than just renting it. Games like this are designed to build up to new areas. The experience, powers, and levels gained in earlier worlds/areas prepare you for later ones.

The best argument for not keeping lower level wizards out is simple. Either they have multiple accounts and their higher level wizard can watch over their lower level wizard, or they have a friend who is a higher level wizard who has allowed them to port to them. In the second case, it should be the responsibility of their higher level wizard friend to look out for them, both to keep them out of too much trouble and to keep them from causing too much trouble for others. If the low level wizard won't listen to you, then remove them from your friends list or block other wizards from porting to you. I call it the big brother approach. Growing up, I never minded if a friend's little brother tagged along, but we always considered it to be that friend's responsibility to look out for him and keep him from causing trouble. If he didn't, we didn't complain about the younger kid, we complained about our friend not taking care of his responsibilities.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
7
You need to be more selective with your friends if you have a problem with low levels in celestia. I could care less if they port in, but I do wish they would ask first. Nothing is as nerve racking in this game than to have just wasted all the enemies, just to have new one jump in, because your level 10 friend ported in.

Otherwise, I say, if they want to die, by all means, knock yourself out. Just don't expect me to waste my shields on you.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
223


I agree that lower levels should not be allowed in area's that they are not ready for. The reason for this is for several reasons.

1. Less whining about the game being too hard. (I am tired of this because it isn't too hard if you really work at it. Celestica is a team effort area. Now it is about to be changed because of all the whining. I speak the truth because you know what, I am not all that fantastic a player and I managed to finish celestia and hardly ever died. Maybe they should have a seperate server that is easy just for those that need it easy.)

2. They jump into fights and sometimes get you killed.

3. They just jump into fights without asking. I find this rude and very annoying. Not that I mind anyone joining, but I would like to be asked before they assume it is ok. Sometimes I like to solo and don't like to be disturbed. So I think asking is really more appropriate.

4. As the other person put it on this board, sometimes they jump in and jump out just to get another monster just to get you killed or at least try to get you killed.

5. They jump and get the kills at the last minute, that should have been yours or another players . This is wrong on so many levels.

6. They come into these area's thinking they can level faster. I learned one thing, Quests are what help you level. If you are not ready for an area, then you won't have quests in that area. I had one not so bright lowbie on my list that seemed to think this, I told him I would gladly go with him to where his lower level quests were and help him. He wouldn't listen, I took him off my list.

To any of you low levels, I will gladly help you level, but only on quests that are designed to level you!!!! I will not help you beat monsters in worlds you do not have quests yet. That is defeating the purpose of leveling and will take you forever!!!!! So if you want to play that game I won't help. Plain and simple. But if you listen and do the quests like you are supposed too I will help when I can.

I definitely think that KI should not allow paying members into certain area's until they finish the quests. Yes it is true they have access to the areas, but only by means of porting via a friend. They do not however have access via the doors. I think that if they can't get there on their own perhaps they should receive back a message such as "your friend is busy right now" instead of letting them just port, this would be the answer. When they complete their quests then they can join their friends.

I think this is very fair, I am a paying member and have no problem with this rule. Because i know when I finish a quest I will eventually get into the world that is meant for paying members. But only because I earned it like it is meant to be.

Honestly? If this is an issue for them and their higher level friends, then the higher level friends can jump in and help them level faster. Trust me it is much faster to level when your higher level friend is beside you helping you. I finished crocktopia in record time thanks to a higher level friend killing everything on my quests for me. He killed them in like a few seconds flat each time we entered a fight.

I really think there would be less whining about the gaming being too hard if things were done differently in game as far as to where lower levels are at. I have lower level wizards, but I never port into area's I am not ready yet. It is not fair to my friends if i can't carry my weight or to other players. I don't like to jump into fights where I am not ready yet and it really is not a courteousy to the other players either. Especially if I die really fast and drag in an extra monster that might get the other player killed.

Usually what I do, is I never heal the lower levels, unless I invite them in. When a player joins my fight without asking, lower level or not, I wait till that extra monster joins the fight, especially if all the monsters are there, then I flee and leave the rude non-asking wizard to his doom. And I know he has met his doom if he is too low. Other times if I calcuate it right i wait till the next round and take them all out not giving him a shot in edge wise. The point is I take out the fun if a person is rude to me and joins without asking.

Until, KI, changes this my suggestion is simply this:

Do not feed the lowbies!!! :) (If you do not help them in any shape or form then they will leave you alone or leave. or both. If they are low and in the appropriate area, yes help them, but only if they are at a level where they can be in that area.)

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
flash33 wrote:
this is just another low level complaint post.
There's nothing wrong with low levels being in cl, or any high level world for that matter, as long as they're willing to listen to strategy and work together with their teammates.
You also have to take into consideration that some of the low levels may (keyword: "may") have a higher level wizard of thier own and just happened to come to cl as one of their lower level wizards.
Maybe one of the reasons people like cl is because it's very well designed and has been much anticipated for some time now.
Not trying to sound mean or complain about people complaining, but these are just things you [the low level complainers] need to take into consideration before posting a low level in higher level world complaint.


exactly, but they wont anyway. i think people LOVE to complain just for the sake of it.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
1
look the lower level people can be there if they want. i dont care how low the persons level is, it is just a game. so stop calling people noobs and accept that KI will still let people port to thier friends (or setting ports) in celestia. i see a lot of low level people in high level areas.if anything they can still help high level people. i once saw a low level person in celestia do a tempest that did more than it should.so what that they can still get the aura cards. if anything it is good for competition. iknow a lot of people who come to celestia just to make money. so stop trying to make it look like low level people are bad. and if you want more proof i have seen a friend at low adept level beat a magus!

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
7
One time a level 1 marked his spot outside my fight (I know because he ported to that direct spot later), joined my fight and waited for another enemy to come, fled, drank a potion, came back, and the last second came in and killed the enemy with a fire cat, when i was one turn away from getting enough pips to kill. Naturally, he got the rewards for the kill, and laughed at me when I got no items except gold and he got 3. He then called me a, "Sucker (he worked around the words)," a "loser," a "noob," a "fail", and then when I told him to, "please leave me alone," he told me to go to the opposite of heaven and went somewhere.

That is the rudest thing I've ever heard in this game. I hope he gets caught and banned forever.
I don't like low levels players pulling extra enemies into battle and then fleeing or dying. But again I say, stop letting so many people friend you so they can't port to you.
About asking to join a battle: Excellent suggestion! I am always honest when people ask and never upset that they do.
I rarely if ever join a battle without asking but when I do ask most of the time I get no response from the person fighting and just leave. (And these are players with chat so.....)

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
9
Firefrog16 wrote:
I hate this also, I seen an adept just standing in the survey camp, We arent going to care for them and give them anything, they need to do their quests and EARN CELESTIA. I dont mind exploring, but they shouldnt join our battles and take our traps with ice wyvern. High levels need to quit taking them there and low levels need to stop trying to port and mess up our battles. I got into a fight wit a lvl 24, he didnt really do anything and me and 2 other people we telling him to come back when he is leveled up.He then was like, "oh i am trying to level up fast". They need to be out of CL and leave us alone. This is a big problem and us high levels are tired of adepts and journeymans coming along to CL without earning it and making us defend them and ruining our battles.


You need to stop complaining. In fact all of you do! Not all lower level players are new to the game, and sometimes people make mistakes and cast a wrong spell. people do not need to "EARN CELESTIA" not when we pay for it, all classes are useful in their own ways at lower levels and higher levels. And by the way? you can say how lower levels "ruin your battles" and "make you defend them" but that's not true. I know plenty of lowered leveled life wizards who are being depended upon by you so called "honorary" and "entitled" CL players.

As for all the rest of you "English major's"
KI is a family based game. and the majority of its players are younger kids.
So do you really expect all of them to use correct spelling and grammar?
If you are just going to correct someones spelling or tell them to grow up and learn to spell then you need to grow up as well.

P.S. Instead of sitting here complaining about "noobs" why don't you "higher" players teach them how to play the game and give them guidance?

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
Sawcrow wrote:
One time a level 1 marked his spot outside my fight (I know because he ported to that direct spot later), joined my fight and waited for another enemy to come, fled, drank a potion, came back, and the last second came in and killed the enemy with a fire cat, when i was one turn away from getting enough pips to kill. Naturally, he got the rewards for the kill, and laughed at me when I got no items except gold and he got 3. He then called me a, "Sucker (he worked around the words)," a "loser," a "noob," a "fail", and then when I told him to, "please leave me alone," he told me to go to the opposite of heaven and went somewhere.

That is the rudest thing I've ever heard in this game. I hope he gets caught and banned forever.
I don't like low levels players pulling extra enemies into battle and then fleeing or dying. But again I say, stop letting so many people friend you so they can't port to you.
About asking to join a battle: Excellent suggestion! I am always honest when people ask and never upset that they do.
I rarely if ever join a battle without asking but when I do ask most of the time I get no response from the person fighting and just leave. (And these are players with chat so.....)


He wasn't my friend. He was a random noob who came.

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
Neamh wrote:
Firefrog16 wrote:
I hate this also, I seen an adept just standing in the survey camp, We arent going to care for them and give them anything, they need to do their quests and EARN CELESTIA. I dont mind exploring, but they shouldnt join our battles and take our traps with ice wyvern. High levels need to quit taking them there and low levels need to stop trying to port and mess up our battles. I got into a fight wit a lvl 24, he didnt really do anything and me and 2 other people we telling him to come back when he is leveled up.He then was like, "oh i am trying to level up fast". They need to be out of CL and leave us alone. This is a big problem and us high levels are tired of adepts and journeymans coming along to CL without earning it and making us defend them and ruining our battles.


You need to stop complaining. In fact all of you do! Not all lower level players are new to the game, and sometimes people make mistakes and cast a wrong spell. people do not need to "EARN CELESTIA" not when we pay for it, all classes are useful in their own ways at lower levels and higher levels. And by the way? you can say how lower levels "ruin your battles" and "make you defend them" but that's not true. I know plenty of lowered leveled life wizards who are being depended upon by you so called "honorary" and "entitled" CL players.

As for all the rest of you "English major's"
KI is a family based game. and the majority of its players are younger kids.
So do you really expect all of them to use correct spelling and grammar?
If you are just going to correct someones spelling or tell them to grow up and learn to spell then you need to grow up as well.

P.S. Instead of sitting here complaining about "noobs" why don't you "higher" players teach them how to play the game and give them guidance?


Us higher players do try to give them guidance, but they totally ignore us most of the time. That is why we are ticked off in the first place.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
223
1. I never called anyone a "newbie" I called them a "lowbie". Big difference. Everyone has more than one wizard. All my lowbie wizards stay in the worlds they are meant for. I never take my lowbie wizards to worlds they have not earned yet. I feel everyone else should follow this rule out of common courteousy.

2. If a lowbie wizard ports with a or to a friend. They should "STICK" with the friend they ported too. When that friend leaves then the lowbie wizard should leave with them unless invited to do otherwise.

3. KI "ALLOWS" paying members to "port" to friends in any realm. However, KI does not give them free access to move from realm to realm via the doors until they have earned it. I for one think they shouldn't even be able to port till they have earned that realm.

4. When lowbie wizards, newbie wizards and other wizards of all levels learn proper gaming protocol manners in wizard101 I will quit complaining. Until then I have just as much right to complain as anyone else newbie,lowbie or the highest wizard in the realm.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
15
To all the people who are saying the low lvls ask before entering your battle, Most of them don't. I would not mind low lvl's looking around the area but i do mind joining the fights.

Autumn Shadowstone- Death- lvl 60
Amber Moonflower-Life- lvl 60

Defender
May 24, 2009
102
Devil King wrote:
" low levels do not belong in cl " "Low levels get me killed " "You are one of the noobs cause you do not agree" Really you guys need a new pass time oh or better yet learn the art of proper deck construction and strategy and quit your whinning and crying. I do not agree with you and I am not one of your "noobs" as i have played the game through without ever going to a world I was not ready for( a choice not a requirement ) I solo the whole game and had many do exactly what happened to you but, did I run to the message boards and start whining about it? NO I adapted to overcome the obstacle. Try looking at your deck and perhaps putting back some of those lower level spells you dislike them taking your traps and stuff with and adding more life for yourself. If you people would spend as much time working on your decks and strategy as you do whining you might actually get some where. This is a great game for ALL to play HOWEVER THEY DECIDE it is not for you to decide what others should or should not be doing. If I can get it done ( I am not that great a player) then so can you if you use your brains for strategy instead of whining. Has it ever crossed your minds that these people might be trying to teach you rude and mindless whinners a lesson like stop relying on you strongest spells and start learning how to adapt to overcome an obstacle? Words to the wise always be properly prepared for anything (ANYTHING) and spend your time and energy on a better strategy and deck construction and less time whinning.
i have no problems with low levels except this i have solo d this game for 2 years only ported on conditions and Asked if i could help. i am fine with them joining i can kil four cl enemies with 6 pips but they just need to ask if they dont ask and join where is there manners?

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
5
Instead of any sort of level requirement a lot of the areas are already limitted with quest completion prerequisites anyway. This doesn't prevent players from porting in, but limits players wandering into new areas on thier own until they reach the right point ni the plot. And as for "low level" players not being allowed to go where they have not yet "earned"... tell me who has not ported. I mean almost every school has spell quests that involve going to Chelsea Court; and they always sem to come when you just start Hyde Park, right? Never asked a higher level friend to go there and let you port so you can learn that next spell?

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
223
Vangard95 wrote:
Instead of any sort of level requirement a lot of the areas are already limitted with quest completion prerequisites anyway. This doesn't prevent players from porting in, but limits players wandering into new areas on thier own until they reach the right point ni the plot. And as for "low level" players not being allowed to go where they have not yet "earned"... tell me who has not ported. I mean almost every school has spell quests that involve going to Chelsea Court; and they always sem to come when you just start Hyde Park, right? Never asked a higher level friend to go there and let you port so you can learn that next spell?


I have never ported to an area that I have not earned yet. Not even to perhaps aqcuire a spell that is in an area that I can't access yet, but then again, I have always been on top of my quests so I have yet to not be able to get to an area to get my spell either. Why? because "I" stick with the game plan. And if other wizards would as well they would not "need" to port to get their spells.

I for one would wait to get my spell and do all the side quests to get to it first anyways. That is what the game is about, do your quests and "earn" what is rightfully yours. But not before then, otherwise I feel that is a from of cheating by getting ahead of your other quests.

The only time I have ported was into area's I have already finished so I can help other people. that is what I use my port for. I feel that, that is what it really is meant for. more than anything and for the houses.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Let's be honest, the real debate isn't about whether low level wizards should be allowed to port to Celestia. The real issue is the low level wizards that port to Celestia and make things difficult for others. This is far from a universal occurrence. Some lower level wizards (still need to be reasonably leveled) can be very helpful and are a welcome addition to any area. Others act like idiots and get others killed either because they don't care or because they don't realize that Celestia is different. For all the complaining that people made about lower level wizards in Dragonspyre, at least enemies in DS followed the same basic rules of earlier enemies. They were simply tougher. In Celestia, however, things are different. Enemies start out with multiple pips. Some regular enemies (not bosses) can start out with as many as three power pips. They also have high power pip rates, have access to spells previously limited to us wizards, and are very good at ganging up on any wizard who launches a large attack or casts a high level healing spell. So, having a new enemy brought in to the battle unexpectedly when you're the guy getting attacked can lead to a quick death. Because of this, it's more important than ever to ask to enter battles as the other wizards need to know what to expect. If all, or almost all, lower level wizards followed proper gaming etiquette in Celestia, I would bet that most of these complaint threads would die out. I know I have no problem working with wizards who play the right way. Btw, it's not just the lower level wizards that cause problems in Celestia. Higher level wizards can be every bit as problematic when they don't know how to play well with others.

Having said that, please stop saying that lower level wizards have a right to be in Celestia because they pay to play the game. That's simply the worst argument possible, and it's simply wrong. For one thing, anyone who can make their way to Celestia in one way or another pays to play the game. Most of us have worked our way there by completing the required quests. Besides, KI obviously doesn't agree with that argument. Otherwise, lower level wizards would be able to go there on their own, and wouldn't have to piggy back on wizards who have completed all of those quests. Oh, and porting to a friend and marking the area to port back later is still piggy backing on another wizard. You're still limited to the area you ported to and the common area. If simply paying for a subscription gave you the right to be there, you'd be able to go anywhere in Celestia once you've ported there. Lower level wizards can port to Celestia because KI believes (and here I agree with them) that wizards should be able to port to their friends. This way friends can enjoy the game together, even if one or more of them have progressed further in the game than their other friend or friends. There's the argument for not limiting porting. For those that complain about higher level wizards saying others should earn the right to be in Celestia, you need to get over the term. It's appropriate, and the lower level wizards who are in Celestia wouldn't be there if at least one of their friends hadn't already earned access to the area. What other term should we use for the fact that we have obtained open access to the area after completing various quests?

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
121
Once a low lvl. pays for celestia, they have the right to enter celestia. Celestia is a pretty expencive world, and if they they want to waist 1675 crowns on celestia, then they are pretty dispret to enter celestia.

lvl.38 pyromancer
hunter Wild Horn

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
amiramir321 wrote:
Once a low lvl. pays for celestia, they have the right to enter celestia. Celestia is a pretty expencive world, and if they they want to waist 1675 crowns on celestia, then they are pretty dispret to enter celestia.

lvl.38 pyromancer
hunter Wild Horn


No they don't. They have the right to port to their friends, even if their friends are in an area they have yet to unlock. If purchasing potential access to the area were all that were required, they'd be able to move freely in any part of Celestia they want to. Since they can't, that argument is obviously incorrect. As for experience, there's plenty to be found before Celestia. Even without doing the majority of Grizzleheim, I was level 51 and about two-thirds of the way to level 52 before I entered Celestia (starting from scratch after the addition of Celestia, so no wasted xp in DS). If you do all of the quests, including the sidequests, xp will never be an issue. Besides, you're cheating yourself in a way by porting to Celestia to gain xp. The first time you do a dungeon (and Celestia has some dungeons that give incredible amounts of xp), you get the full xp whether it's your quest or not. The second time around, you only get half the xp and it just goes down from there. So, if you take the lazy way out too many times to get to the level you should be at to go to Celestia, by the time you're there and doing those quests for yourself, you'll only be getting a fraction of the xp you should be getting. That means that getting yourself to the highest levels available now becomes more difficult.