Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

End of Azteca - Difficulty nerf, please?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I've been playing this game since before the release of Celestia and, while I don't intend this as a brag, have accomplished a lot in it. I've solo'ed literally every fight in the game, WW, GA and TotH included, and am what most people would think of as a 'hardcore' player, though I don't necessarily see myself that way. From that perspective - even I think the end of Azteca is insane. Every fight feels like a cheat boss fight, PARTICULARLY on my storm wizard. The mobs have more than twice your health, constantly steal your pips and your blades, etc. In many cases, my storm (who has great no auction/crafted gear, a fantastic pet, and excellent block) has been dead by the end of the first or second turn, in a simple mob fight.

I have seen a number of people make it through the end of Azteca. In conversation with them, almost all of them have been playing with a full group of 4 at all time, life wizard included. Or far more commonly, they've been buying henchmen in every single fight. It's possible to get through without those things (I've done it) - but it's not enjoyable. I don't think it's fair to force the players to buy henchmen if they want to get through on their own, or with just one friend. I can't count how many times I've died, and simply put, that's not something that's really ever happened to me before.

Once the "free Crowns for henchmen!" wears off, and people are no longer spread out over only 4 servers for easy full groups (or if they just want some peace and privacy), I fear that this difficulty level will prove WAAAAY over the top for all but the most hard core players. Questing at the tail end of this world (specifically from Alto Alto forward) is not enjoyable, it's a back-breaking chore. Many people I knew simply thought they weren't good enough players, threw up their hands, and decided to give up on test because it wasn't fun anymore. Some said "maybe I'll push through it when it goes live." These are people who are normally enthusiastically ploughing through test content. I'm talking about people who have blogs and fansites devoted to this game. If this is their reaction... what will happen to the average player?

TL;DR - I know you want to give us a challenge, but you went a bit too far. This isn't fun, it's obnoxious. Please dial it back, or I fear your average player base may rage quit.

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I agree with you in terms of difficulty. I tried it with my storm too doing solo. Boy I got schooled even with the earlier boss fights and this involved only a death boss with a single life minion. I figure I was spoiled by Avalon and got a real bashing by AZ. Im not complaining, im good with it. A challenge is all I want for my game. Im thinking maybe KI made it that way not necessarily to force you to buy a henchmen, but instead to think twice about doing it solo. It's not meant to scare away customers, but to make them think and really explore and discover ways to make their wizards strong. The recent pets, as I said in my other post. already hinted us into what lies ahead of us in terms of talents necessary to go through AZ. Critical rate, Block, a chance to cast conviction or mend by pets alone will make a big impact on doing quests. Casual players may be jarred by the difficulty, but maybe its a good thing since it will make the community help each other more and bridge new friendship. For the first time im preparing my archmages for the fight that looms ahead. Crafting some gears with more critical block, training for ice to tower shields and honestly, even find pip chance rate increase somewhere. Im excited and thrilled to face the challenge.

For me, im good with it now, maybe release the game as it is, and let the community decide later on and then tweak the game if needed. What could be hard and obnoxious for us may not be for them.after all. what I am wishing not to happen is to rely on pack inserts so much to finish the world. Yeah I think you know what i mean

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Apparently there are not enough causal gamers out there to make it worth the wile to make a game for them.

I do know for me when I started I did enjoy that aspect of the game but it does turn into more of a challenge at one point then what I want to do and it starts in Celestia. I pushed it and did Avalon with my oldest wizard but won't ever do that again.

In the end I believe that KI did have one vision for the game in the beginning, family fun and all ages but as it progressed it became another.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I certainly agree this world needs to take a step down. I have heard from many, many, players that "if this world were to go live as is I may very well quit the game." And this is coming from players who are part of this "hardcore" group of players mamalookit is talking about. They have accomplished so much in this game, and this world is so over the edge they don't even want to continue.

The main reason I think KI isn't getting this feedback is because of henchman. So many players who are soloing look to henchman for many of their fights, and when they run out of crowns they just wait for the next refill before they continue. I make the suggestion of removing new henchman from test, and only updating them into live. Most players DO NOT have the crowns to spend on henchman for every fight in the live realm, by allowing this KI isn't getting the correct feedback.

Back to the nerf, I also understand the want for a challenge in this game, but it needs to be realized this game is advertised to casual gamers and children. Any casual gamer or child that attempt to solo this world will not be able to do it. And because they won't be able to do it I fear a vast majority of people who play this game will leave. There is no fun in the difficulty of this world, it makes you want to pick up the computer open the window then throw it out into the streets while yelling at the top of your lungs(I can see someone doing this, actually ).

I'll end this with my personal feelings on the world. If this world goes live as is, I will only be taking one wizard through Azteca, because it's a priority, not because I want to have fun. After that one wizard is through, I may not be taking another wiz through again, and if worse comes to worse, I may not be playing wiz again(and you guys have no idea how much I hate saying that).

I'm begging you guys, please, listen to the community and understand we as players are not prepared for the current state of Azteca.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Azteca is just ridiculous. This game is meant for KIDS. I don't think kids will understand how to defeat 7k health mobs that kill you on round one when the pros at this game are having massive issues as well. Azteca needs a major difficulty nerf, it's way too crazy. The fact that you can die at MOBS over and over is just ridonkulous. This game shouldn't be so hard you have to repeat a boss THIRTY times.. cmon KI, dont make Azteca so hard.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Not to be rude but, what did you expect, and i have doubt's that these were normal mob fights your talking about, they had to at least be inside a dungeon if they could take your pips and blades, While i quit test near the start of Azteca because i didn't want to see the entire storyline, just a tiny bit, i knew it was hard, but i have seen good proof it's solo-able. A video of some of the final dungeon to be exact, again, i am not trying to be rude, i just do not see how a normal non-dungeon mob fight could be that challenging, and if it really is, then i look forward to the challenge.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
I agree. I like a challenge, but this is beyond a challenge. Its nothing but sheer luck to make it through some of these quests. It is not fun at all to try and fail over and over and realize that you are doing everything you can do, and all you can do is hope for luck to swing your way, with the odds stacked heavily against you. Players who have made it this far in the game have developed some skill, and its frustrating to find that skill insufficient. I assume your intent was to challenge players' limits, but I think you have exceeded the limits of what even your best players can handle. Please rethink the second half of AZ before sending it to live. Thanks

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Firewizardfan, I realize that people CAN do it solo - and I have, lol, which is why I said that in the first post "It's possible to get through without these things, and I've done it" - but it's not at all enjoyable. And yes, it was just plain old normal mobs killing me by the end of rounds one or two, WITH full resist and block gear that was dropped and/or crafted. And those weren't even mob fights that I was trying to solo. The mobs at the beginning of Azteca can't really compare to these ones. They are somewhat challenging by comparison to AV mobs, but not too much so by any means. If you want to see what we're talking about, maybe port to a friend in the final stages of Azteca to get some of idea of what we're facing. If you have friends further on in AZ, lol, a lot of people just stopped after a while when it got tedious. Even on Ambrose it's often completely empty towards the end.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
DoctorWho10141011 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Not to be rude but, what did you expect, and i have doubt's that these were normal mob fights your talking about, they had to at least be inside a dungeon if they could take your pips and blades, While i quit test near the start of Azteca because i didn't want to see the entire storyline, just a tiny bit, i knew it was hard, but i have seen good proof it's solo-able. A video of some of the final dungeon to be exact, again, i am not trying to be rude, i just do not see how a normal non-dungeon mob fight could be that challenging, and if it really is, then i look forward to the challenge.
We want difficult, we want different, but these creatures are too difficult. You cannot put up a fight if you are dying within the next round. If someone if going into a fight, they have a great mega pet, they have the best gear their school offers, and then they are dead the next round, there is an obvious issue. That isn't a challenge. It is annoying, it's obnoxious, and it needs change.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Northlite on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Apparently there are not enough causal gamers out there to make it worth the wile to make a game for them.

I do know for me when I started I did enjoy that aspect of the game but it does turn into more of a challenge at one point then what I want to do and it starts in Celestia. I pushed it and did Avalon with my oldest wizard but won't ever do that again.

In the end I believe that KI did have one vision for the game in the beginning, family fun and all ages but as it progressed it became another.
I totally agree. And am sad about it. I love this game, but when it isn't fun anymore, what's the point?
So all new wizards will just stop before Zafaria, Avalon and this new world. It's a shame that KI forgot their customer base: kids and families.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
DoctorWho10141011 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
These are normal mob fights we are taking about in later open areas of the game. One case in particular is some storm bugs that have a storm spell that an remove all of a players blades, a siren which remove two blades from all players, or a leviathan which removes to blades from its target. The mobs in questions are required for multiple quests. and there are several other cases of mobs with hardcore spell arsenals in the later areas. Then come bosses with out of school spells such as efreet wielding life bosses or tower using storm bosses(storm boss being early on), not to mention the cheat bosses. I also found this world very repetitive as I was fighting the same mobs over and over, combined with the insane difficulty level it just makes this world plain old boring. This world requires a serious nerf and the quests need to be tamed so they do not feel like such torture to slog through. Yes I have nearly gotten through this world and am at 88 currently. Unlike most have not bought a single henchmen and have actually soloed almost everything.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
So what I am hearing is guys want everything in life to be easy for you? seriously stop complaining and try to figure out how to win battles. I i would rather have a long hard world than an easy one you can breeze through like wind.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I think its too premature to throw the towel while the game is not even out yet. It is a difficult world, but just like other worlds before it, strategies will develop, loopholes and weaknesses in boss fights will be discovered. I maybe wrong but i am predicting new pet blueprints will take over the current SPUD, SPLUD, SPPD template. Mega pet talent slots increased to five means we need to think of five major combination of talents for each school to help patch needy gear shortcomings. Pip stealing enemies means we can't be too complacent in waiting for the next round for a pip or a power pip to spawn so we can cast our spells. Mobs have more effective criticals and becomes too dangerous when posing as a minion to a boss.

New world new tactics, I dont know why some cant be more excited than being so pessimistic Why even make a new world when all you want is the same old level of difficulty and grind that will numb your brain into boredom in the long run?

All of us are nearing level 100, the pressure to adapt or die seems to be KI's driving force when they conceptualized this world. Challenge accepted. BUT it should be a fair battleground among those who can and can't buy packs all the time.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Monsoon Jo on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I think its too premature to throw the towel while the game is not even out yet. It is a difficult world, but just like other worlds before it, strategies will develop, loopholes and weaknesses in boss fights will be discovered. I maybe wrong but i am predicting new pet blueprints will take over the current SPUD, SPLUD, SPPD template. Mega pet talent slots increased to five means we need to think of five major combination of talents for each school to help patch needy gear shortcomings. Pip stealing enemies means we can't be too complacent in waiting for the next round for a pip or a power pip to spawn so we can cast our spells. Mobs have more effective criticals and becomes too dangerous when posing as a minion to a boss.

New world new tactics, I dont know why some cant be more excited than being so pessimistic Why even make a new world when all you want is the same old level of difficulty and grind that will numb your brain into boredom in the long run?

All of us are nearing level 100, the pressure to adapt or die seems to be KI's driving force when they conceptualized this world. Challenge accepted. BUT it should be a fair battleground among those who can and can't buy packs all the time.
I don't think some people are getting the point here... no where in the post is it said that the world should be a breeze, there needs to be a challenge, but this is way beyond a challenge. Again, you can't adapt if you're dead the next round... I've even heard someone get excited to making it to round 5 of mob fight Really? This is just a feedback thread, we know the world isn't released yet, that's why this thread was created. Because, if this world were to go live, many players would be struggling and few players would be having any fun.

It needs to be realized so many gamers play Wizard to relieve stress, to have a good time, to have fun. No one is going to be attracted to a game that adds on to any amount of stress, which is exactly what this world does. It drives you insane unless you are with a full group of players.

When Waterworks gear was released, we as players became too overpowered. When avalon was released it had the perfect amount of difficulty for players. There was still a challenge for the hardcore group of players and casual gamers could still manage. Now, with Azteca, we as players are completely underpowered with such a leap in difficulty. Many players are still walking around with waterworks gear and the only upgrade since Avalon were the utility spells. We are not that much advanced since the beginning of AV, we either need a boost in our characters or a nerf in the level of difficulty of this world to correspond to where we are at as players.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
blackjackyagent on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
So what I am hearing is guys want everything in life to be easy for you? seriously stop complaining and try to figure out how to win battles. I i would rather have a long hard world than an easy one you can breeze through like wind.
I know the lady who posted this thread. She is an excellent player and part of M4H. She is struggling, Believe me she knows how beat things tidily. She happens to be concerned about the average players. You know the ones who don't have the best gear, pets or strategies. It bothers me when the best (IMO) players are asking for a nerf. That alone tells me adjusting needs to be done.

People need to remember this is a game for E10+ plus that very much caters to family and casual players. People who want a challenge can MAKE THEIR OWN challenge. Use lower level gear, inferior pets, old school wands and there you go instant challenge. The game needs to be geared so the average or below average can succeed. Megan

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Monsoon Jo on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:

You hit the nail on the head right there. The last decent robe hat and boots I have seen aside from maybe a piece of crafting here and there, has been waterworks or pack only. All six of my wizards are still wearing their waterworks gear and as I don't buy many packs I don't see that changing. I have gotten the no auction gear for AZ and it barely qualifies as pet food. When did it become okay for KI to make all the max level gear pack only so we have to pay to get it.

As far as having spud pets and the like those of us complaining about the difficulty do have the uber pets and are using them. Also we are doing our best to come up with strategies but there is a point with all the crits, pips and uber spells this enemies have that it comes down to pure luck.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
I personally cannot speak for AZ, as I have barely progressed through AV. But, I believe the message that KI is trying to send to its hardcore players is, "Even YOU can't do this alone." What a lot of hardcore wizards are suffering from is cracked pride, the inability to accept help from others. Do you think the world after AZ will be any easier? Do you really think that MORGANTHE will just roll over and die from ONE wizard, no matter how prepared this player is? Of course, I'm only level 72, so I really shouldn't be talking.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Zane D on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I don't think some people are getting the point here... no where in the post is it said that the world should be a breeze, there needs to be a challenge, but this is way beyond a challenge. Again, you can't adapt if you're dead the next round... I've even heard someone get excited to making it to round 5 of mob fight Really? This is just a feedback thread, we know the world isn't released yet, that's why this thread was created. Because, if this world were to go live, many players would be struggling and few players would be having any fun.

It needs to be realized so many gamers play Wizard to relieve stress, to have a good time, to have fun. No one is going to be attracted to a game that adds on to any amount of stress, which is exactly what this world does. It drives you insane unless you are with a full group of players.

When Waterworks gear was released, we as players became too overpowered. When avalon was released it had the perfect amount of difficulty for players. There was still a challenge for the hardcore group of players and casual gamers could still manage. Now, with Azteca, we as players are completely underpowered with such a leap in difficulty. Many players are still walking around with waterworks gear and the only upgrade since Avalon were the utility spells. We are not that much advanced since the beginning of AV, we either need a boost in our characters or a nerf in the level of difficulty of this world to correspond to where we are at as players.
Since its a feedback world, my feedback is it shouldn't be nerfed because a few players thought it best to tone down the difficulty. Why? the test realm population itself is not a very good pool of players who can represent the live realm. Underpowered? when are we placed in a position that we are immediately at par with a new world being released anyway? Would you like to waltz your way into a new world?
"It drives you insane unless you are with a full group of players."

I cant see that reason as a reliable measurement to nerf the world. Don't you get it? thats the whole point of what the world is driving at. To tread on your own is doable but dangerous. Is it impossible then to beat this world? NO. it might be a different strategy this time but let those who want do it solo have the satisfaction to beat the game with some real challenge. This in fact may entice more players to give this world a shot because its unforgiving. Cant take the heat alone? go with a group. Brave enough to do it solo? do it by all means.
I've done testing myself too and i can see no point in nerfing the whole world just so I can relax after defeating the game in what? two days time? less than a week? I may sound bragging but when Avalon was released. I finished the whole world in two days time with my Ice mage. After three weeks, all of my three legendary wizards are already through AV. After that i got nothing else to do so I was forced to make another wizard and still that ends in AV leading to boring runs to ML, gardening for Amber and more time to look up this forum or wizard central than play the game. Nothing else to do in such short time.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
compguru1 on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
You hit the nail on the head right there. The last decent robe hat and boots I have seen aside from maybe a piece of crafting here and there, has been waterworks or pack only. All six of my wizards are still wearing their waterworks gear and as I don't buy many packs I don't see that changing. I have gotten the no auction gear for AZ and it barely qualifies as pet food. When did it become okay for KI to make all the max level gear pack only so we have to pay to get it.

As far as having spud pets and the like those of us complaining about the difficulty do have the uber pets and are using them. Also we are doing our best to come up with strategies but there is a point with all the crits, pips and uber spells this enemies have that it comes down to pure luck.
Sorry to have this separate from my other post, Im having difficulty in editing.

Test realm already released the new crown sets. And im glad that my crafted gears stats still has the upper hand in most of them. Some wands and shoes are good though. But I do share your sentiments and its really what scares me more than the enemies at AZ. Depending on your skills, the setup of AZ can force you to run to the crown shop for help. It will be a complete let down if my need to finish it with hardwork points me to pack inserts too.

I did bring my uber pet too for my death wizard: defy, proof, spritely, pain giver, death dealer. But doing it solo made my drain specialist cringe when im being hit with volleys of criticals and losing pips at the same time. So the pet and my once valiant mage didnt feel uber anymore after some rounds. I dont have enough block, i need to gain extra pips while waiting for my pip to spawn. That process of constantly checking and realizing what needs to be done will make this world a hit because players will have an itch that needs scratching. Luck being a deciding factor is not new to us. Immediately after AV went live, before guides started popping everywhere for Morganthe, most of us thought its all pure luck to go through her. But both casual and hardcore players managed to beat her anyway. It was FUN to clobber her senseless. No matter how hard it was, that big sigh of relief was well worth relishing. Same goes to Jabberwock, Black Annie and other boss fights. I maybe cursing myself too later on when i meet the monsters you met later in the game. But luck or no luck im pretty sure the challenge will make the ride enjoyable. .

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
blackjackyagent on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I think you misunderstand what some people play games for and why a lot of us joined Wizards for.

Granted many hard core gamers play it for the challenge but many also play it for fun and stress relief - such as me. After a day of my boss yelling and screaming I came home signed onto Wizards and shut the rest of the world out for a while, it was my digressing time.

Many players have real life hardships they they look to a game to escape from for even a short amount of time. Do they want life to be easy for them - what do you think?

I know quite a few people with real life issues and they look to a game for some diversion from this.

Another Example: I cracked my knee cap, even though I have a very high tolerance to pain - the pain was not fun so I played Wizards for diversion from that pain, giving me something else to focus on. Do I want head banging, knock down drag out fighting - no Do I really want to put as much work in on honing my wizard to survive though all the worlds of the Spiral like I do for surviving in real life - no

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
sar i respect you and all but i have to dissagree with you and its mainly about the luck part. how far can you stretch luck? how difficult can it get before the CHANCE of winning gets below 50%? and another thing i ask you is how often do you run into a group on players who will stick to get you though an entire part of a world? well i say azteca has brought the solo chance near 50% and if you didint notice the higher level the world the harder it is to find people, let alone people who are on the same quest as you. now with my wizard dylan thundershield on test realm i ran into 2 people who stuck around with me to the end of the world and helped me catch up even though thet were ahead.(now if either of you val or jordan read this plz post a metting time and place so we can quest together again) that was a 1 in 1000 chance. so while i think its great that ki is trying to get us to work together, its rare as it is that you find people willing to quest with you but it will be even more rare for those who start azteca in 1 month from now. i would prefer if the difficulty was at the level of avalon but rose accordingly to how much our wizards grew(still wearing ww gear btw KI).

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Same here, up to this point in the game i've been able to solo most, if not all of my battles on any of my wizards. This new world azteca is insanely difficult. The problem i'm seeing with this is that the worlds are getting harder, but we're staying the same. Pretty much the same gear level, pip level, health, etc. If KI wants to make worlds harder for us, then can at least do the favor of increasing the power of our own wizards.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Monsoon Jo on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Since its a feedback world, my feedback is it shouldn't be nerfed because a few players thought it best to tone down the difficulty. Why? the test realm population itself is not a very good pool of players who can represent the live realm. Underpowered? when are we placed in a position that we are immediately at par with a new world being released anyway? Would you like to waltz your way into a new world?
"It drives you insane unless you are with a full group of players."

I cant see that reason as a reliable measurement to nerf the world. Don't you get it? thats the whole point of what the world is driving at. To tread on your own is doable but dangerous. Is it impossible then to beat this world? NO. it might be a different strategy this time but let those who want do it solo have the satisfaction to beat the game with some real challenge. This in fact may entice more players to give this world a shot because its unforgiving. Cant take the heat alone? go with a group. Brave enough to do it solo? do it by all means.
I've done testing myself too and i can see no point in nerfing the whole world just so I can relax after defeating the game in what? two days time? less than a week? I may sound bragging but when Avalon was released. I finished the whole world in two days time with my Ice mage. After three weeks, all of my three legendary wizards are already through AV. After that i got nothing else to do so I was forced to make another wizard and still that ends in AV leading to boring runs to ML, gardening for Amber and more time to look up this forum or wizard central than play the game. Nothing else to do in such short time.
1.) Not everyone enjoys questing in groups, people like to enjoy the game by themselves. Players shouldn't have to be forced to be in groups to get through the world.

2.) Obviously you are an experienced player, unfortunately, the entire community isn't like you. There are people dont have uber pets, don't have the best gear, don't understand certain strategies, and will completely hate this world.
3.) We shouldn't even need the best gear in game and a Mega pet with a specific set of 5 talents to make it through the world.
4.) Again, I don't want to just waltz into the world, I just want to see a level of difficult comprehensible with the casual gamers in the community..
5.) People play this game for fun, the challenge is just an extra thing, however the enjoyment of ALL players should come before any challenge.
I agree with you, it shouldn't be a breeze, I'm not talking completely ruining the challenge, getting rid of all the cheats and cutting every creatures health in half. I'm talking about a simple, small, decrease in difficulty so people don't want to bang their heads against their desk playing.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
I totally agree with DaMurph. This is an mmo game. I am a lvl80 and i have finished avalon. The thing is in azteca, get some frinds along the way who are on the same quest and quest with them. In reality as well you ge tto a stage where you cannot do things alone. Three words - TEAMWORK WILL WIN

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
@Gweedoboy. I respect you too , but i think you misunderstood what im trying to say. At first , the chances of winning against tough bosses may look slim and just pure luck. But like all difficult bosses, luck has nothing to do with it because there are always patterns/weakness.

Last night, doing solo with my death mage, I ran into a tough cheating boss in AZ who had a knack in making me a puppet and siphons my health to boot. After trying three times, i gave up and sat outside that bosses door and waited for another player because i cant beat him alone (but im sure some can). A life player came, true enough after a few rounds, a pattern can be seen.with her just trying to survive (cannon fodder for the bosses beguiling tricks ) and was able to gnome when its safe. All the time I was blading up and feinting until I was able to attack with vons monster for around 40K to one shot the boss. The satisfaction in winning was awesome because we are complete noobs vs. that new boss. If that player is reading this, She will be smiling because we both have no idea what is about to happen.

@pox11ka. . I don't consider myself experienced. just an optimist. as much as possible i solo most of the time. but i don't mind giving myself a rest and letting others share my burden in beating the game. Im only saying Id rather have others players decide which is difficult for them and experience the game as it was envisioned by KI to be, than relying on my own yardstick and demand for a global nerf. Im not expecting everyone to see things my way but i give more credit to KI to set things for me because i think they know how far are we into the weak/strong side of the scale in W101.