Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

End of Azteca - Difficulty nerf, please?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
No thats not hardcore thats just crazy to me. Hardcore to me is someone who plays for long hours and devotes a large portion of life and time on a game. My opinion money has nothing to do with it.

And yes KI is a business that needs profit to stay running just like any business. In turn they need to make business minded decisions even if it makes some angry. Numerous titles out there right now describe their games as F2P but you still have to purchase premium access on almost all of them. How else can they make money.

The second arc is alot more work but remember no one is forcing you to complete them. If casual gamers are casual as they say isnt slow moving through worlds taking your time to enjoy things casual. I spend 6.95 per account per month and i dont feel that is very expensive for a fun game.

Im sorry to hear that you dont want to continue to play any longer. Please check out free realms that might be a better pace for your family, My other family member play that as well and seem to like it.
I am sorry, but your reply to Loreiso4 is just cold. Did you notice the start date for her and her family? Do you not see the trend that is taking place? Losing players is not what KI is about. If this game is advertised as a FAMILY FRIENDLY game, then that is what it should be.

I pay the same amount per account and I am sure Loreiso4 did the same thing. Regardless whether it is expensive or not. The point is, when it is not longer fun, then the money used to play W101 or P101 or even both for some, can be put to a better use elsewhere. Yes, I know KI has millions of registered players, but how long is it going to take at this rate of difficulty increase before more and more cancel their subs as well?

I have made suggestions on other topics that could go a long way to fix the problem although it is a delayed fix. But players having to fight 3 boss/mobs solo is just too much. That definitely needs to be nerfed. Azteca is moving too fast for casual players no matter what.

My suggestion to you is to please stop being rude to those that are posting their opinions. In other words, please stop trolling if you can not come up with suggestions that work for all. (mods please edit last comment if not allowed)

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
No thats not hardcore thats just crazy to me. Hardcore to me is someone who plays for long hours and devotes a large portion of life and time on a game. My opinion money has nothing to do with it.

And yes KI is a business that needs profit to stay running just like any business. In turn they need to make business minded decisions even if it makes some angry. Numerous titles out there right now describe their games as F2P but you still have to purchase premium access on almost all of them. How else can they make money.

The second arc is alot more work but remember no one is forcing you to complete them. If casual gamers are casual as they say isnt slow moving through worlds taking your time to enjoy things casual. I spend 6.95 per account per month and i dont feel that is very expensive for a fun game.

Im sorry to hear that you dont want to continue to play any longer. Please check out free realms that might be a better pace for your family, My other family member play that as well and seem to like it.
I agree with you on both this post and the one above it. Very well said.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
DragonLady1818 on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
I am sorry, but your reply to Loreiso4 is just cold. Did you notice the start date for her and her family? Do you not see the trend that is taking place? Losing players is not what KI is about. If this game is advertised as a FAMILY FRIENDLY game, then that is what it should be.

I pay the same amount per account and I am sure Loreiso4 did the same thing. Regardless whether it is expensive or not. The point is, when it is not longer fun, then the money used to play W101 or P101 or even both for some, can be put to a better use elsewhere. Yes, I know KI has millions of registered players, but how long is it going to take at this rate of difficulty increase before more and more cancel their subs as well?

I have made suggestions on other topics that could go a long way to fix the problem although it is a delayed fix. But players having to fight 3 boss/mobs solo is just too much. That definitely needs to be nerfed. Azteca is moving too fast for casual players no matter what.

My suggestion to you is to please stop being rude to those that are posting their opinions. In other words, please stop trolling if you can not come up with suggestions that work for all. (mods please edit last comment if not allowed)
Golden listen start dates dont matter you need to realize this is a company that doesnt care how long some vets been playing as long as subs are making money. If 6 vets quit because they feel they are being unfairly treated but 12 new people sign up do you honestly think KI will care that you were unhappy and left?

There is no trend taking place. There is only a few people on the forums grumbling like oscar the grouch, Thats all there is. Truely think about it for a second.

Yes the game is advertised as family friendly and it is family friendly, Just because yourself or a few others cant seem to tolerate the difficulty curve do you think that everyone cannot. This is where you are wrong.

If i had a penny for every forum poster that threatened to quit because they didnt get their own way id be rich, And its funny most that threaten you still see lingering around without much to say anymore or still threatening to leave. Anyone that truely wants to leave they usually just do it instead of dragging it out hoping for their dreams to come true.

Im pretty straight foward golden and to some that seems rude but to me it seems honest. But you know the saying ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer.

I dont feel my statement was cold, Straight foward but not cold.

Take care and safe journeys.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2925
for the record, i am a casual player and have already accepted that i will never get my level 88 spell. or finish azteca. i'm just not "hardcore" enough.

since posting my last thread on this forum about trying to get the spell, my death count is up to 16, and i give up. friends can't help me. i don't have crowns for henchmen. simply put, i'm done.

you hardcore/professional types can make your own challenge, but the rest of us should not have to suffer for it~ if i wanted to use pvp mentality, i would take my noob fire wiz to the arena; i shouldn't have to think like that in pve~ after a long day of work, it just hurts my brain. i used to spend full days in the spiral... now, i'm barely on once a week~ the game is no longer fun for me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who is struggling.

casual players cannot complete this world, and i increasingly wonder why i even bother trying anymore.

-von

Delver
Sep 01, 2009
265
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Golden listen start dates dont matter you need to realize this is a company that doesnt care how long some vets been playing as long as subs are making money. If 6 vets quit because they feel they are being unfairly treated but 12 new people sign up do you honestly think KI will care that you were unhappy and left?

There is no trend taking place. There is only a few people on the forums grumbling like oscar the grouch, Thats all there is. Truely think about it for a second.

Yes the game is advertised as family friendly and it is family friendly, Just because yourself or a few others cant seem to tolerate the difficulty curve do you think that everyone cannot. This is where you are wrong.

If i had a penny for every forum poster that threatened to quit because they didnt get their own way id be rich, And its funny most that threaten you still see lingering around without much to say anymore or still threatening to leave. Anyone that truely wants to leave they usually just do it instead of dragging it out hoping for their dreams to come true.

Im pretty straight foward golden and to some that seems rude but to me it seems honest. But you know the saying ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer.

I dont feel my statement was cold, Straight foward but not cold.

Take care and safe journeys.
"Tolerate the difficulty curve." I'm sorry, are we speaking of astrophysics? It's a game. It's a game that I just reviewed, and received quite a few emails from other parents who are doing the exact same thing we are: waiting until their subscriptions expire, not renewing them and uninstalling W101. This will be my last post on this thread simply because it's a gargantuan waste of my time to keep coming over here, but here's the dealio:

1) I'm not really certain what you mean by "dreams coming true," but I think you feel as though the parents who are leaving and letting our subscriptions fall by the wayside are somehow deluded into believing our opinions about W101 and Azteca will change KI. No one with whom I have communicated since my review came out has said that. We are simply seeing W101 for what it is-a formerly family friendly game that is now making a giant sucking sound exactly like World of Warcraft. And that sucking sound is directed at our wallets.

2) "Grumbling like Oscar the Grouch." Um. Grumbling implies that we are still plodding through, trying to convince the powers that be in Texas to bend to our will. Again, we have no delusions that KI will suddenly put out a press release, stating the W101 is in fact not free to play and W101 is now aimed more towards people who don't sleep for 3 days in order to complete a new zone.

3) There's this odd thing called tact. I don't use it often in my line of work, but I do try and be somewhat careful when I post on this message board, because I understand that young people often respond to adults' posts and comments. I'm honestly not sure what you are-adult or child-your syntax and grammar strike me as a teenager, but you must have money or you wouldn't be "sticking up" for KI the way you are. You probably have what I like to call disposable income. We do not. We have utilities to pay for and college funds to invest in and food to buy. That is what I heard the most from the people who emailed me; that W101 is just too expensive and not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

I bid you a fond adieu and wish you much luck with your game.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Golden listen start dates dont matter you need to realize this is a company that doesnt care how long some vets been playing as long as subs are making money. If 6 vets quit because they feel they are being unfairly treated but 12 new people sign up do you honestly think KI will care that you were unhappy and left?

There is no trend taking place. There is only a few people on the forums grumbling like oscar the grouch, Thats all there is. Truely think about it for a second.

Yes the game is advertised as family friendly and it is family friendly, Just because yourself or a few others cant seem to tolerate the difficulty curve do you think that everyone cannot. This is where you are wrong.

If i had a penny for every forum poster that threatened to quit because they didnt get their own way id be rich, And its funny most that threaten you still see lingering around without much to say anymore or still threatening to leave. Anyone that truely wants to leave they usually just do it instead of dragging it out hoping for their dreams to come true.

Im pretty straight foward golden and to some that seems rude but to me it seems honest. But you know the saying ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer.

I dont feel my statement was cold, Straight foward but not cold.

Take care and safe journeys.
you know something about your vote tallies has been bothering me lately. if only about a couple hundred thousand post(its not that big a number compared to 30 mill and that is if they still have 30 mill) and if nearly everyone who post is a really good player(witch is commen sense) then wouldnt it be obvious that most would vote they dont have problems? as another person such as yourself with commen sense surly this makes sense to you. those however that do post the world is to hard seem to be the vets(witch would be including me). now i know what your thinking, if its the vets that are complaining then arnt they really the casual players? the awnser is no, were just concerned about the game dying out because of a lack of subscribers witch would happen in the future should the worlds continoue jumping difficulty. as for wether or not you post are cold, i say there can be to much of one good thing. when i post i be straight forword and tell it how it is but i also try to be a little catious in what i say and try to get at least a little emotion in my post. while i understand voting and looking at what the majority wants works for almost everything i dont think it works very well in online games like this, just my opinion though.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
fireproof1111 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
I think that was sarcasm Darth lol. I dont think any1 cares that mom knows you.

People usually buy henchman to speed things up or get a bit of assistance that has no impact on if the game is to difficult. Thats like saying i had to group because the game is to difficult. Its a group game.

If you have the best pets and bestest gear and the bestestest strategy ever and you are king stomper then the game is a breeze to you right. Well it wasnt to hard for me and i dont have the best anything, I guess its just the player. Where do you come up with storm having 3k health, my storm has 4950 an 102% pp.

So what your saying is the game should just cater to those that cannot keep up huh. Just nerf everything so you can get by right. Hmm interesting thought, Maybe back when tball was being played and everyone gets to play an gets a trophy.

I think your paragraph about "if you dont like it leave and go somewhere else" should be looked at by you as well.

Do you seriously think they will revise something based on your biased assumption that the game is "just a bit too much". Well guess what who are you to say its to hard.

Are you the outspoken majority on this issue.
Play with fire, you will eventually get burned! I am sure you will learn this lesson soon!

Henchmen are supposed to be optional, not mandatory to accomplish quests, or did you not comprehend that statement? There are some quests that must be done Solo, not in groups, or do you not realize this either?

Wizard101 is a group game, you mean to say it is an MMO? No way, who would have thunk it? Easy to say, harder to have a group that is either A: Friends or B: Works as a Team! Of course, you could always just be mean and rude and be only out for yourself and let everyone else be a bobblehead, I am guessing, but I think that would be your style.

Central Has a huge list of my pets, some need to be updated, as I have some even better pets now, but yes, I have pets that most people dream about.

Yes, I thrive on having the best gear and my strategy has not failed me yet. So far, I have soloed Azteca, but I am not thinking about me and how difficult or easy it is for me. Open your eyes, look around, look at the gear and pets other players have. Look how hard of a time others are having. There are only 2 people here posting and defending "How Easy This game is" and how everyone else is wrong and should just deal with it.

If people do not voice their opinion, how does KI know what is too difficult for the average player? Then, there are people like you, that are dissing everyone, just for speaking up, like they have no right to say anything, or to voice their concerns.

Not wanting to break the topic here, but yeah, so what, your storm has 4950 health and 102%pp, so nice of you to state the rest of your stats with that. I can guess what everything else will be and I would laugh, but that is besides the point, since you are not making any point or showing off in any possible way.

What I am saying, is this game should cater to the masses and the players of the game. Not the PVPers, Not just the Hard Core Players, but E as in, Everyone! From 8 to 108.

Sure, there has to be a stepping stone in challenges, but not huge boulders to climb, not leaps and bounds all at once, Especially with KI allowing PVP to limit the abilities of PVE players.

Oh and My Paragraph about "if you dont like it leave and go somewhere else"? You really should have read the post and what I replied to, because it was the other poster that said that.

Do I seriously think they will revise something on the feedback here on the forums? Yes, I do! It has been done before and it will be done again. I have no biased assumptions, and the fact that you are severely outnumbered on the thoughts of the difficulty level prove it.

Who am I to say it is too hard or not? I am a consumer, I am a subscriber, I am a player, I have every right to post and give my opinion on things here in the forum. Some may agree and some may disagree, I have definitely earned my rank and the respect of my peers here.

As for your last question, ask yourself the same thing, are you?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Snee432 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
"Tolerate the difficulty curve." I'm sorry, are we speaking of astrophysics? It's a game. It's a game that I just reviewed, and received quite a few emails from other parents who are doing the exact same thing we are: waiting until their subscriptions expire, not renewing them and uninstalling W101. This will be my last post on this thread simply because it's a gargantuan waste of my time to keep coming over here, but here's the dealio:

1) I'm not really certain what you mean by "dreams coming true," but I think you feel as though the parents who are leaving and letting our subscriptions fall by the wayside are somehow deluded into believing our opinions about W101 and Azteca will change KI. No one with whom I have communicated since my review came out has said that. We are simply seeing W101 for what it is-a formerly family friendly game that is now making a giant sucking sound exactly like World of Warcraft. And that sucking sound is directed at our wallets.

2) "Grumbling like Oscar the Grouch." Um. Grumbling implies that we are still plodding through, trying to convince the powers that be in Texas to bend to our will. Again, we have no delusions that KI will suddenly put out a press release, stating the W101 is in fact not free to play and W101 is now aimed more towards people who don't sleep for 3 days in order to complete a new zone.

3) There's this odd thing called tact. I don't use it often in my line of work, but I do try and be somewhat careful when I post on this message board, because I understand that young people often respond to adults' posts and comments. I'm honestly not sure what you are-adult or child-your syntax and grammar strike me as a teenager, but you must have money or you wouldn't be "sticking up" for KI the way you are. You probably have what I like to call disposable income. We do not. We have utilities to pay for and college funds to invest in and food to buy. That is what I heard the most from the people who emailed me; that W101 is just too expensive and not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

I bid you a fond adieu and wish you much luck with your game.
I am quite sorry some have trouble with difficulty. But i want you to reread your whole post then go back to the top and read your quote that its only a game.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
you know something about your vote tallies has been bothering me lately. if only about a couple hundred thousand post(its not that big a number compared to 30 mill and that is if they still have 30 mill) and if nearly everyone who post is a really good player(witch is commen sense) then wouldnt it be obvious that most would vote they dont have problems? as another person such as yourself with commen sense surly this makes sense to you. those however that do post the world is to hard seem to be the vets(witch would be including me). now i know what your thinking, if its the vets that are complaining then arnt they really the casual players? the awnser is no, were just concerned about the game dying out because of a lack of subscribers witch would happen in the future should the worlds continoue jumping difficulty. as for wether or not you post are cold, i say there can be to much of one good thing. when i post i be straight forword and tell it how it is but i also try to be a little catious in what i say and try to get at least a little emotion in my post. while i understand voting and looking at what the majority wants works for almost everything i dont think it works very well in online games like this, just my opinion though.
All i can say is that if you add up the amount of people that complain about the difficulty on this game and compare that to the rest of people playing it isnt even 1%. Thats all im saying.
KI will not nerf something based on the few. If you all want the game easier then you must find a way to show KI that its to hard for more than a few people on the forums.

Its pretty simple really. If you cant prove it the game will remain the same.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
Darth JT on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Play with fire, you will eventually get burned! I am sure you will learn this lesson soon!

Henchmen are supposed to be optional, not mandatory to accomplish quests, or did you not comprehend that statement? There are some quests that must be done Solo, not in groups, or do you not realize this either?

Wizard101 is a group game, you mean to say it is an MMO? No way, who would have thunk it? Easy to say, harder to have a group that is either A: Friends or B: Works as a Team! Of course, you could always just be mean and rude and be only out for yourself and let everyone else be a bobblehead, I am guessing, but I think that would be your style.

Central Has a huge list of my pets, some need to be updated, as I have some even better pets now, but yes, I have pets that most people dream about.

Yes, I thrive on having the best gear and my strategy has not failed me yet. So far, I have soloed Azteca, but I am not thinking about me and how difficult or easy it is for me. Open your eyes, look around, look at the gear and pets other players have. Look how hard of a time others are having. There are only 2 people here posting and defending "How Easy This game is" and how everyone else is wrong and should just deal with it.

If people do not voice their opinion, how does KI know what is too difficult for the average player? Then, there are people like you, that are dissing everyone, just for speaking up, like they have no right to say anything, or to voice their concerns.

Not wanting to break the topic here, but yeah, so what, your storm has 4950 health and 102%pp, so nice of you to state the rest of your stats with that. I can guess what everything else will be and I would laugh, but that is besides the point, since you are not making any point or showing off in any possible way.

What I am saying, is this game should cater to the masses and the players of the game. Not the PVPers, Not just the Hard Core Players, but E as in, Everyone! From 8 to 108.

Sure, there has to be a stepping stone in challenges, but not huge boulders to climb, not leaps and bounds all at once, Especially with KI allowing PVP to limit the abilities of PVE players.

Oh and My Paragraph about "if you dont like it leave and go somewhere else"? You really should have read the post and what I replied to, because it was the other poster that said that.

Do I seriously think they will revise something on the feedback here on the forums? Yes, I do! It has been done before and it will be done again. I have no biased assumptions, and the fact that you are severely outnumbered on the thoughts of the difficulty level prove it.

Who am I to say it is too hard or not? I am a consumer, I am a subscriber, I am a player, I have every right to post and give my opinion on things here in the forum. Some may agree and some may disagree, I have definitely earned my rank and the respect of my peers here.

As for your last question, ask yourself the same thing, are you?
Thank you Darth.

It seems that some can't understand what this game is really all about. They don't understand that a lot of players have already quit post CL due to the difficulty jumps that is leaving many behind frustrated and discouraged.

You will rarely see many posting on the boards that started as early as 2009 and much less from 2008. Even many that started in 2010 and later have already left and more of our friends are to that point now unless changes are made soon.

Many of us as you already know had other family members playing that have already left from the frustration. Some of them do continue to play the accounts of those family member but others such as myself don't.

I am sure W101 has a lot of new players regularly, but, how long will it be before those players run into the frustrations as others have and also leave the game. I know that some have gone to P101 but not everyone will. I for one won't.

I have already made a few suggestions I think would make a world of difference for many players. Whether those will even be looked at? Who Knows?

But another thing that really bothers me, is that the trolls are making some very negative comments against some of the posters as if we have no idea what we are talking about. I rarely see anything of positive value from them unless they just happen to agree with the fact and they have, that there are some things that need to be changed. But they are not giving any positive feedback on possible ways to solve the issue other than saying we HAVE A TO WORK AS A GROUP OR TEAM. Yes, it is an MMO, but nowhere is it stated we have to play as a group or team. In my opinion that is STEREOTYPING.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Darth JT on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Play with fire, you will eventually get burned! I am sure you will learn this lesson soon!

Henchmen are supposed to be optional, not mandatory to accomplish quests, or did you not comprehend that statement? There are some quests that must be done Solo, not in groups, or do you not realize this either?

Wizard101 is a group game, you mean to say it is an MMO? No way, who would have thunk it? Easy to say, harder to have a group that is either A: Friends or B: Works as a Team! Of course, you could always just be mean and rude and be only out for yourself and let everyone else be a bobblehead, I am guessing, but I think that would be your style.

Central Has a huge list of my pets, some need to be updated, as I have some even better pets now, but yes, I have pets that most people dream about.

Yes, I thrive on having the best gear and my strategy has not failed me yet. So far, I have soloed Azteca, but I am not thinking about me and how difficult or easy it is for me. Open your eyes, look around, look at the gear and pets other players have. Look how hard of a time others are having. There are only 2 people here posting and defending "How Easy This game is" and how everyone else is wrong and should just deal with it.

If people do not voice their opinion, how does KI know what is too difficult for the average player? Then, there are people like you, that are dissing everyone, just for speaking up, like they have no right to say anything, or to voice their concerns.

Not wanting to break the topic here, but yeah, so what, your storm has 4950 health and 102%pp, so nice of you to state the rest of your stats with that. I can guess what everything else will be and I would laugh, but that is besides the point, since you are not making any point or showing off in any possible way.

What I am saying, is this game should cater to the masses and the players of the game. Not the PVPers, Not just the Hard Core Players, but E as in, Everyone! From 8 to 108.

Sure, there has to be a stepping stone in challenges, but not huge boulders to climb, not leaps and bounds all at once, Especially with KI allowing PVP to limit the abilities of PVE players.

Oh and My Paragraph about "if you dont like it leave and go somewhere else"? You really should have read the post and what I replied to, because it was the other poster that said that.

Do I seriously think they will revise something on the feedback here on the forums? Yes, I do! It has been done before and it will be done again. I have no biased assumptions, and the fact that you are severely outnumbered on the thoughts of the difficulty level prove it.

Who am I to say it is too hard or not? I am a consumer, I am a subscriber, I am a player, I have every right to post and give my opinion on things here in the forum. Some may agree and some may disagree, I have definitely earned my rank and the respect of my peers here.

As for your last question, ask yourself the same thing, are you?
I think theres alot more than 2 defending the difficulty curve. But i wouldnt really call it defending it as much as saying its just not to difficult.

They are catering to the masses right now as we speak.

If you feel that anyone is out numbered on thoughts of game difficulty please check the threads for voting polls darth because it isnt looking good for those that feel its too difficult. I think it might be around 16% if your lucky.
So whos out numbered again?

You definatley have every right to post and you should post more often. Just make sure its actually something worth reading.

Explorer
May 05, 2011
58
And what really ticks me off is that we have to solo 4 battles of 3v1. Really?? Let me guess, next world when we (hopefully) defeat Morganthe we would have to solo a 4v1.... :/ This is really aggrivating, and although the lvl 88 Myth Spell Quest was easier and i beat it in one try, which was one good thing that happened to me in Azteca, The astral spells quests are just TRIFLING. The next time i get crowns, i'm spending half of them on the Astral quests, because they are that hard for a Conjurer. :/

I've always said to my friends that I loved and hated Azteca. I love it because of the spells, gear, and storyline. I dislike it because of the tiring and unreasonable battles.
Also, the funny thing is, even though the storyline of Wizard101 is awesome, The battles are just hard and not worth it. I'd rather use P101 battles because at least now you have some people to HELP you.

Even though Kingsisle reads all of our posts, how come you guys aren't saying anything back, or helping us or at least changing the game a little for us? Azteca is harder than Avalon and Zafaria combined. Please change the difficulty of Azteca from a 4+++ to a 3+.

And thank you for your concideration.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I think theres alot more than 2 defending the difficulty curve. But i wouldnt really call it defending it as much as saying its just not to difficult.

They are catering to the masses right now as we speak.

If you feel that anyone is out numbered on thoughts of game difficulty please check the threads for voting polls darth because it isnt looking good for those that feel its too difficult. I think it might be around 16% if your lucky.
So whos out numbered again?

You definatley have every right to post and you should post more often. Just make sure its actually something worth reading.
Okay, first off, where exactly are you getting your facts and figures? You post percentages like you have full knowledge of the 30 million registered users, which I am sure you don't.

Secondly, you are defending the difficulty curve and saying it is not "Too" difficult. It is too, not to.

I am not sure where you are reading posts at, but here and on central, the main site and main fan site, more post that Azteca is too difficult and needs to be made easier than not. No, I dont have the facts and figures I normally do to back up my statement, but if you read through the posts, it is clearly and easily seen. You can not count the one or two that keep posting the same thing over and over again, those posts count as only 1 person and do not count over and over again.

As far as me posting more often, lol, you are a funny guy. Oh and I actually have a following, people that read posts just because I posted them, can you say the same thing?

You are entitled to your opinion, as everyone is, but dont bash and knock everyone that says it's too difficult, because not everyone is as good, something that you would understand if you were as good as you think you are. Age and maturity will help you with this, but that takes time.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
All i can say is that if you add up the amount of people that complain about the difficulty on this game and compare that to the rest of people playing it isnt even 1%. Thats all im saying.
KI will not nerf something based on the few. If you all want the game easier then you must find a way to show KI that its to hard for more than a few people on the forums.

Its pretty simple really. If you cant prove it the game will remain the same.
well wheres your proof? ya you have votes but if you actually read my post youll see how your tallies are gving you the wrong picture. how can you know for sure? how are you the ultimate forum master that knows everything? have i also not said that causal players DONT TEND TO POST. i swear im trying to tell you something and your ignoring it.

im almost done with azteca now and ive met a lot of people along the way. i can tell you that just by watching how most of these people play the game that they were having problems with questing untill i came along and helped them cruise right through those evil mobs. i also cant tell you how many people ive seen with almost fail gear(no offense) i know there trying to get gear that works for them but it makes you wonder why they would choose that gear when theres clearly 50 other better choices. so thats my experiance from the game but i dont know about you.

popsicle said this argument feels like casual vs hard core. i feel its more like vets concerned about the game becoming impossible to everyone but super hard core players vs people that think they know what the majority wants and think they can speak for that majority.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
6
i seen someone solo(no minions or henchman) it took a half an hour with tc and to your question "Difficulty nerf, please?" heres it mega extreme

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Darth JT on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Okay, first off, where exactly are you getting your facts and figures? You post percentages like you have full knowledge of the 30 million registered users, which I am sure you don't.

Secondly, you are defending the difficulty curve and saying it is not "Too" difficult. It is too, not to.

I am not sure where you are reading posts at, but here and on central, the main site and main fan site, more post that Azteca is too difficult and needs to be made easier than not. No, I dont have the facts and figures I normally do to back up my statement, but if you read through the posts, it is clearly and easily seen. You can not count the one or two that keep posting the same thing over and over again, those posts count as only 1 person and do not count over and over again.

As far as me posting more often, lol, you are a funny guy. Oh and I actually have a following, people that read posts just because I posted them, can you say the same thing?

You are entitled to your opinion, as everyone is, but dont bash and knock everyone that says it's too difficult, because not everyone is as good, something that you would understand if you were as good as you think you are. Age and maturity will help you with this, but that takes time.
Look at all the posted voting threads on here and on central on my site , I cant list the other site names or they wont post . Check the tallies and if you can add then you wont have trouble seeing that around 14-16% of people feel that the game is to difficult. The most of those voters feel it is difficult but playable and i am one of those votes as well. Your right i dont have knowledge of 30 million peoples thoughts but neither do you so we cant say they would vote either way, Also if those players arent on forums or arent posting then maybe they dont have any concerns or issues.

Better check those sites again because once again your wrong. More say its not to difficult.

I can say that i have people read my posts just because my name is there probably alot more than you because i have the one quality you dont. "what will he say next".

Im not bashing anyone that doesnt deserve bashed lol. I am straight foward in my posts but never actually negative until provoked but then, well corner an animal and see what happens. And it also takes time to learn the game and to achieve what you want out of it, Ive already done that have you.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
well wheres your proof? ya you have votes but if you actually read my post youll see how your tallies are gving you the wrong picture. how can you know for sure? how are you the ultimate forum master that knows everything? have i also not said that causal players DONT TEND TO POST. i swear im trying to tell you something and your ignoring it.

im almost done with azteca now and ive met a lot of people along the way. i can tell you that just by watching how most of these people play the game that they were having problems with questing untill i came along and helped them cruise right through those evil mobs. i also cant tell you how many people ive seen with almost fail gear(no offense) i know there trying to get gear that works for them but it makes you wonder why they would choose that gear when theres clearly 50 other better choices. so thats my experiance from the game but i dont know about you.

popsicle said this argument feels like casual vs hard core. i feel its more like vets concerned about the game becoming impossible to everyone but super hard core players vs people that think they know what the majority wants and think they can speak for that majority.
Proof is within the votes of the people that have posted. What more do i need, If you can add you can see the outcome, Not that difficult to add it up. Did you ever wonder why some dont post, Do you think it might be because they dont have any issues or cant you see that either. ( I underlined that so you know im not ignoring you).

So people were having trouble thats understood because the world isnt easy ive said that, But then they cruised right by with your help. So it wasnt to hard with help then correct.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
fluffyboss4569 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
i seen someone solo(no minions or henchman) it took a half an hour with tc and to your question "Difficulty nerf, please?" heres it mega extreme
Nice, Thats not the first that soloed it either. There are quite a few tactics threads for soloing it.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
Gweedoboy said: "i feel its more like vets concerned about the game becoming impossible to everyone."

Thank you. That is a point that many of us have been trying to make but we keep getting shouted down basically being told we don't know what we are talking about. If the vets are seeing a trend taking place that really should not be in this game, then something is very wrong.

If the "hardcore" players can't accept the game for what was intended, then why are they here? This game is not WOW or a doezen others like it out there. This is a family ORIENTED game designated "E" meaning "EVERYONE". Somewhere along the way, the "EVERYONE" was lost and needs to be found again.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
It would have been nicer in Azteca if there was more interaction in the world and its people, instead of mob after mob and dungeon after dungeon. Honestly, I can't even remember the storyline in Azteca, because I was concentrating so much on the next battle and what I needed to put in my deck.

I would liked to have 'stopped to smell the roses', but that was hard to do, because if you stopped, you got pulled into battle, because mobs were everywhere and it was hard to squeeze by sometimes.

Having some puzzles and easier stuff to do in between battles would have been great and make Azteca more enjoyable and less stressful.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
121
lastdaysgunslinger, where in the world did ya get those numbers!
I have been watching on all of the fan sites (here, w101 central, Legends of the spiral, and numerous blogs) and there is no way that there are only "1%" complaining! As you said, they are catering to the mass majority. FYI the mass majority seems to be the people complaining! I understand everyone's point, as I've read the entire discussion thoroughly. Hardcore gamers like the difficulty, but supposedly the entire game is family friendly. This is their target audiance. Casual gamers. Yes, they would love for you to buy crowns and subscriptions, thats how they make their moolah. But, the henchman do add up…… and also the area pricing…….and the gear…….and the hours getting a SPUD, SPDFF, etc……… I am not saying that it should be as easy as AV, but at least enough to be able to pass the world without "No Auction" gear, for as the "Majority" are all not millionaires!
KI needs to keep most (not all) of their gamers happy. If less gamers are happy than not, KI will loose their income. Their commercials are saying that this is a family friendly game. This means they want the families to play. They wouldn't be targeting them if they wanted only hardcore gamers. I am not saying that they shouldn't think about the hardcore players. As you said, the hardcore gamers are a source of income. There is a happy medium!
There were many hardcore gamers pre-CL. Who says they will leave if the game isn't mega difficult?
I really think that AZ should be more difficult than AV, as with all games, it should progress. Compare the game difficulty to reading a book. Imagine a 1st grader who can read the standard. They get to the end of a book, and read one a little bit harder. Once they read that one, you give them one meant for a 5th grader. Do you honestly think they will be able to even get through the first chapter before giving up?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Keira Dreamleaf on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
lastdaysgunslinger, where in the world did ya get those numbers!
I have been watching on all of the fan sites (here, w101 central, Legends of the spiral, and numerous blogs) and there is no way that there are only "1%" complaining! As you said, they are catering to the mass majority. FYI the mass majority seems to be the people complaining! I understand everyone's point, as I've read the entire discussion thoroughly. Hardcore gamers like the difficulty, but supposedly the entire game is family friendly. This is their target audiance. Casual gamers. Yes, they would love for you to buy crowns and subscriptions, thats how they make their moolah. But, the henchman do add up…… and also the area pricing…….and the gear…….and the hours getting a SPUD, SPDFF, etc……… I am not saying that it should be as easy as AV, but at least enough to be able to pass the world without "No Auction" gear, for as the "Majority" are all not millionaires!
KI needs to keep most (not all) of their gamers happy. If less gamers are happy than not, KI will loose their income. Their commercials are saying that this is a family friendly game. This means they want the families to play. They wouldn't be targeting them if they wanted only hardcore gamers. I am not saying that they shouldn't think about the hardcore players. As you said, the hardcore gamers are a source of income. There is a happy medium!
There were many hardcore gamers pre-CL. Who says they will leave if the game isn't mega difficult?
I really think that AZ should be more difficult than AV, as with all games, it should progress. Compare the game difficulty to reading a book. Imagine a 1st grader who can read the standard. They get to the end of a book, and read one a little bit harder. Once they read that one, you give them one meant for a 5th grader. Do you honestly think they will be able to even get through the first chapter before giving up?
Fun check the threads on those websites thats titled difficulty level players perspective. And read.
Its all there and the votes are up.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
HMMM?? There are actually very few on any of the sites I have looked at that are defending the difficulty curve the game has taken. As Fun23k has stated there are actually alot of complaints about how much more difficult it is. It has in no way remained consistant with a gradual increase.

The constant battling with no break, the tight knit areas with no movement, 3 boss/mobs to your 1 wizard even in a REQUIRED solo, no decent gear upgrades, no 2PP wands which we should have by now.

Also as Fun23k stated and so have others, this game is advertised as a "FAMILY FRIENDLY" game with "E" rating that stands for "EVERYONE". It is not rated with "A" for adults, "F" for few or "H" for hardcore.
If Hardcore is what you are after, there are plenty of those out there, but stop trying to turn W101 into one that only a few will be able to play.

If the current trend of increasing difficulty continues with leaps and bounds, the number of registered players is going to drop like a rock which also means revenue will drop below what KI needs to keep the company running..... There won't be 30 million +.

You have to remember, the U.S. is not the only country playing this game. It takes a lot of cash to set up in other countries and get those servers going as well. Where do you think that cash came from? Do you honestly think those players are not going to complain as well? Think again.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Proof is within the votes of the people that have posted. What more do i need, If you can add you can see the outcome, Not that difficult to add it up. Did you ever wonder why some dont post, Do you think it might be because they dont have any issues or cant you see that either. ( I underlined that so you know im not ignoring you).

So people were having trouble thats understood because the world isnt easy ive said that, But then they cruised right by with your help. So it wasnt to hard with help then correct.
alright alright i cant really argue with that. however that line where you said, do you wonder why some people dont post is just a guess but im guessing partly to. now ive already explained how your votes COULD have given you the wrong picture so i wont get into that but i will remind you that only about 100k people post on all your websites put together. that could be around the true number of hard core players in the game or it could not. all im trying to tell you is that your not 100% correct.

now ive talked with a super smart person i know in real life and asked him witch side was right, the vets or the hard core players. i wont lie, he said that ki is a buisness and they will do whatever brings them money. last time i heard how many subscribers ki had it was 30 mill but that was before azteca came out(im thinking of there comerical that came out a month and a half ago) i told him that and he said that IF people were quitting in vast amounts that it would take 4 to 6 months for people to really start quitting in vast amounts. we also talked about the first and second arc. the first arc was good, we kept getting new spells, better gear, and the challenge was just right. can anyone disagree? the second arc though as i told him seemed to jump difficulty with each world instead of a step witch is a fact not opinion, also how we are getting gear that isnt working for us, i told him both sides agree with that witch is true. he said that if ki is really not fixing the things they need to then they will lose money no matter what because you cant have the difficulty jumping with each world and not give the players more power to deal with it. he also said that it may have to do with money. when he said that my mind went straight to henchmen and crown gear. if your gonna make people have to buy henchmen for half the fights of an entire world(a future world) then your gonna lose players because no one wants to pay that much money just to play a game. can you not agree with that last sentence lastday?

now i know i should have just made that last paragraph a LOT shorter but i just wanted to make sure that no one started hating on me for only telling the person i talked to the vets side of the story. also if your to stuck on your opinion that you cant at least think about the fact that you may be wrong then ive been told that the best thing to do is say, your crazy and walkaway.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
alright alright i cant really argue with that. however that line where you said, do you wonder why some people dont post is just a guess but im guessing partly to. now ive already explained how your votes COULD have given you the wrong picture so i wont get into that but i will remind you that only about 100k people post on all your websites put together. that could be around the true number of hard core players in the game or it could not. all im trying to tell you is that your not 100% correct.

now ive talked with a super smart person i know in real life and asked him witch side was right, the vets or the hard core players. i wont lie, he said that ki is a buisness and they will do whatever brings them money. last time i heard how many subscribers ki had it was 30 mill but that was before azteca came out(im thinking of there comerical that came out a month and a half ago) i told him that and he said that IF people were quitting in vast amounts that it would take 4 to 6 months for people to really start quitting in vast amounts. we also talked about the first and second arc. the first arc was good, we kept getting new spells, better gear, and the challenge was just right. can anyone disagree? the second arc though as i told him seemed to jump difficulty with each world instead of a step witch is a fact not opinion, also how we are getting gear that isnt working for us, i told him both sides agree with that witch is true. he said that if ki is really not fixing the things they need to then they will lose money no matter what because you cant have the difficulty jumping with each world and not give the players more power to deal with it. he also said that it may have to do with money. when he said that my mind went straight to henchmen and crown gear. if your gonna make people have to buy henchmen for half the fights of an entire world(a future world) then your gonna lose players because no one wants to pay that much money just to play a game. can you not agree with that last sentence lastday?

now i know i should have just made that last paragraph a LOT shorter but i just wanted to make sure that no one started hating on me for only telling the person i talked to the vets side of the story. also if your to stuck on your opinion that you cant at least think about the fact that you may be wrong then ive been told that the best thing to do is say, your crazy and walkaway.
You are correct we cannot reach everyone, I have no idea how we could reach all. I am just stating the tallies for those that voted thats all.

Yes gear should be updated. And in sense would make the game easier for the people having trouble. And also you are correct again, Once KI starts losing more money than their earning they will try to change something.

It all depends on how many can afford to buy stuff and how many want to buy stuff.