Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All level 88 spells way too tough

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
Yikes, I feel all your pain. I just last night got the quest for my Death Wizard and was anxious as to how difficult it would be.
Turns out, for Death, it was easy. Two ice minions and a Myth boss. One fight and no henchmen at all.
I had a longer time with the quest that had 2 bosses in Cloudburst Forest (I think), I bought a Storm henchman for that fight, as 40k health was going to take a long, long time.
Now I just have to figure out how to use the spell effectively. I tried it out in Avalon and 10 pips is hard to come by wearing crafted gear that doesn't give much, if any, power pip boost. Spell animation was pretty cool though.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1536
pods1973 on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Yikes, I feel all your pain. I just last night got the quest for my Death Wizard and was anxious as to how difficult it would be.
Turns out, for Death, it was easy. Two ice minions and a Myth boss. One fight and no henchmen at all.
I had a longer time with the quest that had 2 bosses in Cloudburst Forest (I think), I bought a Storm henchman for that fight, as 40k health was going to take a long, long time.
Now I just have to figure out how to use the spell effectively. I tried it out in Avalon and 10 pips is hard to come by wearing crafted gear that doesn't give much, if any, power pip boost. Spell animation was pretty cool though.
Pods, I am glad you got your Death spell. My life is almost level 89 and is not even in Pitch Black lake yet even though she has the quest for the her spell. Not sure I am going to go for it. The Astrals were enough for me and from what I already know about the school spells that have been used against my life, the stress is just not worth it. I won't be wasting crowns for henchmen either.

As for the 2 Bosses in one battle in CloudBurst Forest, lol, I know which one you are talking about. One has 20k and the other is 21k. I had a friend port in to help me with that one. Otherwise, I would have never made it out alive.

But I am to the point that IF I finish Az at all on even my Life wizard, I don't have the attraction to the game that brought me here in the first place. My other wizards will be stopping when the fun and magic stops for me and that certainly does not include AZ. I am with Northlite on this one, enough is enough.

Az just is not worth all the stress for nothing and if the next world is any worse than Az, then what is the point for continuing to play a "Family Oriented Casual Game"?????? And yes, I have seen the latest Commercials within the last week and it is still advertised as such.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
11
I am , right now i am wondering, why do we have to beat a optional world just to get it? I am at mirckholm deep in grizzle and i think i will not make it, i got azteca to do and grizzle to do, i just want to give up. the boss has like 23,000 health, i just think i cannot do it, actually, i KNOW i cannot do it. Kingsisle plz make this easier for us, instead of a HUGE challenge for us life and all the other elements. can we at least have ONE person port and help us or something plz????

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
11
FusionSun on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I am level 88 fire, and i had no trouble getting Sun Serpent. Take out the minions first, so it's just you against the boss. I healed myself whenever my health was low, and i was successful in defeating the boss.
But, the question is, will you run out of cards??? I did. Like wt if your a por life and can't defeat them? Luckely some of us survived against the ForestLord boss.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
17
Sounds like KI is making a ton of money on henchmen with this Level 88 spell Don't want to do the same battle 20 times so will probably buy them myself. It is sad how they have made so difficult people get discourage and don't want to play.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
50
Eric Crowspear on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
You know, it always gets me. I came here and saw all of these complaints about how AZ was too hard or how the spell quests were too hard. I blazed through Az. Currently 88. Did my spell quest without the slight of hand. I don't see how everybody is having a hard time. To me its just as hard as AV, and how hard is that? Hard enough to put your dang head into your deck then just mope like everybody complaining did in ZF.
Just because you didn't have a hard time, does not mean everyone else is not having a hard time. I don't think there is anything wrong with people stating their opinions. I see no one "moping".
"Hard enough to put your dang head into your deck"
Don't be silly, if we have our head in the deck while trying to fight we can't see.
I find it hard to believe that you "blazed through Azteca". I doubt you did it alone.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
10
i like the level 88 spell saber, it only do about 1,000 something damage it not that tough and i unlike the other types, ,,,,,, i guess they powerful

Survivor
May 06, 2013
10
OK, first are powerful but saber the balance one not really tough, but i'm going with this storm owl is too powerful . but anyway i am balance 23 but still saber not tough guys

GO SABERTOOTH!

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
109
gweedoboy on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
wow it sounds like the balance quest is just ludicrous im just plain sad the game took it that far
something that will REALLY help you is this little trick i used for my spell quest. all you do is mark location, kill one of them, die witch you most likely will shortly after, drink potion and port back. the one you killed shouldnt be there so it should be even easier to kill another one but by the sound of it im not sure if its even possible to kill one of them without some crown minions. sorry but tips are the best anyone can do but good luck.
LOL! That is exactly what I did when I was fighting my lvl 88 boss for the first time.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
9
I agree they are pretty tough, but then again the spells are pretty amazing. So doing the quest is worth it plus the last dungeon in Azteca is really hard and you may need the spells to beat it.

Exlair
James StormFlame

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
53
Well, if they made everything easy, they would have to make the spells worse or they'd be OP (overpowered). And do you want to play a game where everything is a piece of cake? To me, Wizard101 is great because it's fun and a kid's game, but you can get really into it and challenge yourself.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
bren8403 on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
OK, first are powerful but saber the balance one not really tough, but i'm going with this storm owl is too powerful . but anyway i am balance 23 but still saber not tough guys

GO SABERTOOTH!
Quite frankly, I doubt that many people use Storm Owl often when questing. To me, it's a waste of pips. I could easily hit higher with Sirens, which costs a pip less and has better side effects. I use Storm Owl to finish off bosses, beyond that it is useless in my opinion. It was not worth the Tempest Eel fight. (Chain stuns, Lord of Winter rinse and repeat.) I'm fairly sure that if the damage had been weakened and a good side effect added I would have used it more often, but it didn't happen and I'm not using it.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
19
So sorry to hear. I got SaberTooth my first try. My game plan was to Ra out the minions and than Chimera the boss. I carried a few shatters in my tc deck, and some steal ward. So, when the ice used Tower Shield, I could get it off. Also, a good idea is to bring lots of availing hands. Enchant them with mend, and than just use them to heal yourself. Also I found the best gear to use for this boss was the Avalon crafted gear, gives you great myth and ice resist. Storm Owl quest was pretty tough i'll have too say. 4 Ice with 5,000+ Health. And a Storm wizard with like 25+% Ice resist, 0 Stun blocking, and low health. pretty close to impossible to complete. Some how, on like the millionth time, I managed to prevail and complete it. Storm Owl is like my best friend, and my favorite card. Use it when ever I have the chance. I also did my close friends Sun Serpent Quest. That one was really easy. A good tip would be to bring life shield tc, and get gear with good fire resist :)

Winter Wolf
Taylor Rose-90

Taylor StormBreaker-90

Taylor SilverHeart-50

Taylor HawkEyes-14(Overlord)

Taylor NightSong-35

Taylor IceShard-20

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
8
I agree although i haven't been through it i had a trance hacked i think quite few Spells are tough Efreet for example that quest is litteratly REDICOULOUS at 58 i couldn't beat that thing till 60! it was that intense at that time it was my 12th try But im sure the 88 spell is easy for fire... i think i have seen it Well i agree i definitly think Quest and is Intense I think is too Just watch out And be careful i know you can do it! The Master of Flames, Jacob GriffinFlame

Explorer
May 17, 2009
95
I found it very useful to get gear that helped in that certain fight. I got a life boss, so I got a ring that had extra life block and resist. It ended up helping me. Also I got treasure cards like "Life Shield" to help me protect against the life attacks. So basically you should prepare for a certain kind of boss fight with different cards and gear.

Hope this helped

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1536
I have recently resumed questing in Az. By accident, I entered the cave for my lvl 88 Life spell quest last night but immediately backed out. After doing some research on the Boss for this spell, I just really don't care to do this one. I have never backed down from a challenge before but when that challenge becomes stress, it is not worth it. If and when I attempt this one, I will not waste hours on this quest. I have a set limit for attempts and once it is reached, I will stop trying for the spell.

Even though I did beat the quests for the Astrals, I don't see the point in stressing over this insanity. With the amount of health the bosses have in Az , then to have that boss with 2 minions for a player to have to solo is beyond reasonable. Please don't say to hire Henchmen. Many have done this and spent a lot of crowns in trying to complete it or have tried to beat it so many times they just give up. I won't hire a henchman that my wizard will also have to keep alive or have to hire more.

The thrill of achievement is great when the challenge is a reasonable one. These spell quests are not reasonable. This is no longer fun or magical. It is stressful and frustrating to the point of anger and for many, the closing of accounts.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
50
ThomasSkyshard on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Well, if they made everything easy, they would have to make the spells worse or they'd be OP (overpowered). And do you want to play a game where everything is a piece of cake? To me, Wizard101 is great because it's fun and a kid's game, but you can get really into it and challenge yourself.
There is a difference in between being too overpowered and a piece of cake, and there is also a middle ground. These fights with three, 2 enemies and a high powered boss is becoming more frequent in Azteca. There is no middle ground here and definitely no piece of cake. There needs to be some balance. I am not only speaking of the level 88 spell quest, but also the Azteca area and future worlds.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
Potato Tomato on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
After i failed trying to get saber tooth i came here to the message boards to say something about this but i dont think its just the balance having trouble. It seems like every single boss is too hard. I am not interested in just making the balanc eone easier i want them all to become easier. My problems with the 88 spell boss is him mana burn and stuns. I equip conviction to max and get some punishments in as well but every single time my conviction runs out and wont show up they stun me its like they can see your cards before you cast them. i have bought endless amounts of tower shield treasure cards but it just wont cut it. the ice enemies go first and ust snow angel then balance boss uses sabertooth and guess what. One of the three attacks i can use against balance ( since we dont have converts or more other school damage spells) is blocked off chimera becomes pointless i wont waste so many pips just to break three shields or waste so many pips just to chimera the shields off. i think something should definitly ( never remember how to spell that word ) be done to make these bosses easier instead of having other players telling us to use better tactics.

Ryan Owlblade level 88 balance and other characters
The boss is not that hard, I beat him when I had to get my spell. This is how I remember how I did it. By the way, this technique is what I use for any other boss, when I was still questing in Azteca. I would feint the minion, blade and ra, making sure the minion was dead. Then spirit blade, enchant spirit blade, balance blade, enchant balance blade, blade storm enchant bladestorm, feint, enchant feint, etc. That would kill it. That is what I did. And I want to say, the boss is easy enough. I did not spend 4,000 crowns like some people I read about. If you can't defeat the boss you are not ready to summon the spell.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Wizgamer105 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
The boss is not that hard, I beat him when I had to get my spell. This is how I remember how I did it. By the way, this technique is what I use for any other boss, when I was still questing in Azteca. I would feint the minion, blade and ra, making sure the minion was dead. Then spirit blade, enchant spirit blade, balance blade, enchant balance blade, blade storm enchant bladestorm, feint, enchant feint, etc. That would kill it. That is what I did. And I want to say, the boss is easy enough. I did not spend 4,000 crowns like some people I read about. If you can't defeat the boss you are not ready to summon the spell.
You said: If you can't defeat the boss you are not ready to summon the spell.

A harsh statement because you are a gamer and I am not.

KI has made almost this entire world for people who "needed" a challenge - the spell quests don't have to be as hard to complete to effect the world in general.

Many players have been already left behind because of the difficulty of this world, the ones that have stuck it out, even though they hate it, should now also go spell less?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
Northlite on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
You said: If you can't defeat the boss you are not ready to summon the spell.

A harsh statement because you are a gamer and I am not.

KI has made almost this entire world for people who "needed" a challenge - the spell quests don't have to be as hard to complete to effect the world in general.

Many players have been already left behind because of the difficulty of this world, the ones that have stuck it out, even though they hate it, should now also go spell less?
Yea, but some people can defeat the bosses. And other people are asking Kingsisle to make it easier and think the boss is kinda impossible. All we can give them is advice and techniques, as because Kingsisle cannot make bosses easier for some people and harder for the rest. Kingsisle cannot make worlds, and bosses easier as people can just bolt through it in one or two weeks.

And in a less "harsh"er way, the spell you get is basically a reward for that intense solo fight. So if you can't face the tough part first, you can't get the spell. Sad but true.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
34
Eric Crowspear on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
You know, it always gets me. I came here and saw all of these complaints about how AZ was too hard or how the spell quests were too hard. I blazed through Az. Currently 88. Did my spell quest without the slight of hand. I don't see how everybody is having a hard time. To me its just as hard as AV, and how hard is that? Hard enough to put your dang head into your deck then just mope like everybody complaining did in ZF.
Well, you know, If you haven't checked out the lvl 88 spell bosses like I did, you would know that some bosses battles aren't even hard but some are way too hard, and balance is one of them. And also if you had realized, Once you go further into about the floating mountains, the minions health are like doubled which is getting very tough and hard for us. So please, give us a break, these guys are really hard for some of us.

Anyways, Guys, even though it's really hard, Wizard101 did this on purpose so that Wizards could push their selves to the limit. If it was all easy, what's the fun in that? I've heard so many people and I really mean SO MANY people mope and cry around about how easy all the other worlds are. So Wizard101 just wanted to have fun with it and make the boss battles harder so Wizards could at least have a little bit of thrill.

I did need henchmen though for my lvl 88 saber quest as well so don't feel mad about it

-Austin GriffinBlade Level 89 sorcerer

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
937
Sabertooth is not worth the effort. Spirit shield? Really?

Also, storm doesn't get a boss because storm is lame. I went in with 55% ice resist and 210 ice crit block and still almost died.

--I was packing sideboard Aftershock and using myth mastery, specifically to wipe towers and volcanic shields
--I had tons of healing in deck
--I was also shielding wherever possible
--Stun blocks on board, still got stunned because I went second.

None of this made much difference. I might as well just used scald and/or hired like 29348535 fire henchmen.

These guys use ice-mutated forms of storm spells. They hit as hard as storm, but unlike storm bosses, do NOT fizzle, and tower up and stun you and have huge health like the dickens.

That's why storm doesn't need the added hassle of a 20k bloated boss.

IN fact my strategy tip for anyone having to face these guys (or the alternative which appears to have been patched) is flee and return if you ever wind up going second. Keep doing that until you are going first, then if you don't have stun block AND mass prism or an aura or bubble AND a hit in hand, keep fleeing until you meet both conditions.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2011
4
I heard that the spinysaur quest we have to fight a boss and 2 minions. I don't have any crafting gear or waterworks gear. I have semi-decent gear.. I don't have any money to buy crowns for henchman. So any advice to take down the minions? That's what I've been told to take the minions out first. Does the boss cheat at all or no?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
17
Potato Tomato on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
After i failed trying to get saber tooth i came here to the message boards to say something about this but i dont think its just the balance having trouble. It seems like every single boss is too hard. I am not interested in just making the balanc eone easier i want them all to become easier. My problems with the 88 spell boss is him mana burn and stuns. I equip conviction to max and get some punishments in as well but every single time my conviction runs out and wont show up they stun me its like they can see your cards before you cast them. i have bought endless amounts of tower shield treasure cards but it just wont cut it. the ice enemies go first and ust snow angel then balance boss uses sabertooth and guess what. One of the three attacks i can use against balance ( since we dont have converts or more other school damage spells) is blocked off chimera becomes pointless i wont waste so many pips just to break three shields or waste so many pips just to chimera the shields off. i think something should definitly ( never remember how to spell that word ) be done to make these bosses easier instead of having other players telling us to use better tactics.

Ryan Owlblade level 88 balance and other characters
I cannot agree to 'all'

had 3 Tempest Eels. () with NO cheats at all.

But yes, has a challenging boss. No prism, no nothing.

I think w101 made a challenging, challenging boss.

Pack:

A. Balance dispels

B . Tower shields

C. TC 'steal shields'

D. Pierce blades



Hope this helped!

Level 90 ChrisIceBreeze

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
4
I feel how everyone is about this topic. Yesterday, I recently leveled up to 88, and was excited to go get my Sun Serpent spell. I already knew about this fight, and it would be a tough 3 against 1. I've already lost count of how many times I've tried to fight Tolkemec and his minions. (Smoking Mirror Zombies.) I know Kingsisle put this to give a challenge to higher level players. I honestly don't want this, it's been pretty annoying since Zafaria, and I'd like to have a change of pace. I mean, a game doesn't have to be over-the-top difficult with bosses and mobs. It can be fairly easy and still be enjoyable. I really don't want to spend 5$ on crowns for minions either. So I don't know what to do, it seems like the game is unplayable now, and the only way to play it is if you spend money or bug your friends to help you, which I normally don't like doing, but I have to now. Please Kingsisle, something needs to be done about this.