It’s summertime once again, and that means a hot new update to Wizard101! We have your favorite feature additions, such as challenging new Skeleton Key Bosses, more Lore Spellements to charge up your spell book, new Beastforms and Rewards for Beastmoon events, and even a set of new pet powers to keep your pets in the action!
That’s not all! We’ve introduced one super group friendly feature that we’ve been wanting to add into Wizard101 for literally years now... Guilds!.
We are excited to announce that the initial release of Guilds is being introduced in the Summer Update!
Guilds have been a requested feature for some time now, and we’re finally making it happen. The idea is often implemented a little bit differently depending on the game. In Wizard101, Guilds will be large permanent groups where you and your friends can gather inside your very own private Guild House. Guilds will face a variety of new challenges (with sweet rewards!) that can only be overcome with the help of one's guildmates. Players will still be able to quest together outside of Guilds as usual if they so choose.
Guilds is such a big idea for us. This feature will continue to be updated and expanded on, so what you see now is only the beginning!
How to create a Guild
At its core, Guilds are essentially a permanent group with an awesome guild house to hang out in and decorate. Guilds are run by the player who creates the Guild. Up to 50 other accounts may join a Guild.
Here are some basic rules for Guilds in Wizard101!
To create a Guild, open the Social Window and click the Guild Tab. Click the "Create Guild" button and invite at least 11 friends. If you were part of our Test Realm month, this required was set low specifically to encourage players to create as many guilds as possible to test out the new feature.
- The player that creates a Guild must be at max level (this will be adjusted as max levels increase with new game updates).
- The player creating the guild needs 11 online friends that are prepared to join the guild.
- Players can only be in one guild at a time. Players already in a guild can’t join another guild.
- To join a guild, your account must have at least one level 30+ character on it.
Your Guild Information
- Once created, you can see all the information about your Guild by clicking on the Social Button, then clicking on the Guild Tab.
- The first page is the Guild Summary which contains Information on the Guild Leader, the Guild itself, and the latest message posted to the Guild Message Board. There is also a button to visit the Guild House, which we'll talk more about later!
- The next page is the Guild Roster. It displays all the current Members in the Guild, their Guild Role, and a ‘zzz’ icon next to any Member that has been inactive for more than 30 days.
- The final page is for Guild Messages. It displays the Guild Message board where Members can read the latest guild news and create new messages, such as scheduling when to play together!
Guild Leaders can do the following:
Guild Members can do the following:
- Assign Guild Permissions. Guild Permissions give members special abilities.
- Decorators – Players with the Decorator Permission can place guild items (more on Guild Inventory later) in the Guild House. They can move, pick up, Trash, and Reclaim Guild Items.
- Recruiters – Players with the Recruiter Permission can invite their friends to join the Guild if there are slots available.
- Messengers – Players with the Messenger Permission can send guild messages to the Guild Message Board.
- Change the Guild Leader – The Guild Leader can select another Guild Member to take over the role of Guild Leader.
- Change the Guild Name – The Guild Leader can choose a different name for the guild.
- Remove a player from the guild - The Guild Leader can remove a player from the guild.
Guild Member Slots
- They can Create a Group from players in the guild.
- They can Leave the Guild. If the Guild Leader wishes to leave, they must Change the Guild Leader first. If they are the only player in the guild, there’s an option to Disband the Guild.
- Guilds can have up to 50 members.
- Multiple characters on the same account will count as only one Guild Member Slot. Therefore, a Guild can have more than 50 character members.
The Guild House
The Guild Inventory
- Use the Visit House button on the Guild Summary page or Shift + Home to teleport to the Guild House.
- Players with the Decorator Permission can place items from the Guild Inventory in the house. They can also move and pick up items.
- Initially, only the central island of the Guild House is revealed. The Guild can then work together to unlock various things hidden around the island!
What is the difference between Groups and Adventure Parties, and Guilds?
- When at the Guild House, there’s a button on the Guild Summary page for the Guild Inventory.
- Guild Inventory holds guild-owned items with space for 100 items.
- Any member can donate items to the Guild. In this initial release of Guilds, many special items can’t be donated to the Guild. As time permits, we hope to remove some of these restrictions.
- The Guild Inventory has 3 tabs:
- Backpack – Displays items in your Backpack that you can donate to the Guild
- Guild – Displays items in the Guild Inventory. Players with the Decorator Permission can Trash items in the Guild Inventory.
- Trash – Displays trashed Items. When an item is trashed, it remains in the Trash for one week before it’s taken to the Guild Landfill. Items in the Trash can be Reclaimed by players with the Decorator Permission.
- Groups can have up to 6 players and are meant as a quick temporary solution to organizing your Adventuring or Events play. For instance, you are somewhere in Wizard City and run into a random player that happens to be doing the same things together, so decide to group up to make it easier or to make sure you queue up together in Events.
- Adventure Parties are for people who either are friends or may potentially become friends. Adventure Parties can have up to 12 players. These players can send messages to the Adventure Party Message Board to schedule events for the party. You can easily create a Group from online Adventure Party members.
- Guilds are a more permanent form of Groups and Adventure Parties, typically around an existing group of friends. Guilds are formed by a max level Wizard and at least 11 other level 30+ Wizards. The maximum number of players in the guild can be 50 players. Guilds have an exclusive Guild House and a variety of special Guild activities. Just like Adventure Parties, they can send messages and form groups.
Calling all veteran Wizards, your Guilds are ready to be Raid-ed!
Raids are Guild Dungeons for a group of 12 highly skilled, experienced, and organized players. Raids are intended to be a series of high-level challenges like you’ve never experienced before. Be warned, they are going to be tough to conquer and the path to victory may not always be clear!
Raids are built on some of the features we added for Beastmoon Hunt, Beastmoon Mayhem, and the new “rhoshambo” spells of PvP. Some of the challenges are related to combat, some to puzzles, and some will require close communication and organization with your fellow guildmates. The challenge will not be easy – but we are confident that you are up to the task. (We always underestimate how good you are at conquering new gameplay content!)
How does a guild start a Raid? We’ll leave that up to you to discover! One pro-tip from our designers... being successful in a Raid will require the use of other social game systems!
We will be continuing to respond to your Live Realms feedback as you discover more about the inner workings of Guilds and Raids. Help us keep these new features the best they can be as more players join in on the fun!
If The Voracious Void Raid Key is used but the Raid doesn't proceed or conclude as expected, please ONLY have the key crafter contact customer support.
We only need that individual to contact us to be able to resolve the issue. Thanks!
NEW SKELETON KEY BOSSES
The long-awaited update for Lore Spellements and Skeleton Key Bosses is here! You can now acquire the Lore Spellements of your choosing located in the world themed to the Lore Pack that the spells come from. This includes 4 *NEW* fights for worlds that did not have a boss to match and 6 existing fights. This does mean that ALL Lore Spellements and Spells will be taken off where they currently drop from.
Here are the existing bosses that now have Spellements...
And here are the NEW bosses that now have Spellements...
- Ravenwood Rangers Lore Spellements - Wizard City - Spirit of Ignorance
- Grizzleheim Lore Spellements - Grizzleheim – King Borr
- Ninja’s Lore Spellements - MooShu – Takanobu the Masterless
- Knight's Lore Spellements - Avalon – Lambent Fire
- Shaman's Lore Spellements - Azteca – Ixcax Cursedwing
- Reindeer Knight & Krampus Spellements - Various Worlds During Yuletide Events – Krampus
- Wysteria Lore Spellements - Wysteria – Baron Von Bracken
- Immortal's Lore Spellements - Aquila – Lady Stonegaze
- Keeper's Lore Spellements - Dragonspyre – High Loremagus
- Celestian Lore Spellements - Celestia – Drowned Dan & Sunken Sam
In addition to these exciting new fights, we have changed the system of Skeleton Keys in a few ways. Firstly, we’re phasing out Wooden and Stone Keys, which means all 10 of these new fights will be unlocked with Gold Skeleton Keys. These gold keys are now found on Event progress bars, as well as on existing Skeleton Key Bosses. Any boss not listed above will still accept the old key types on their door.
When you walk into a Skeleton Key fight, the boss will now scale to your level. Be careful, because if you are too high level, you will miss out on the loot!
As you may have seen on Test Realm, the Battle Gate method of accessing Skeleton Key battles is an exciting new feature for Guilds to participate in these battles. Unfortunately, they are not quite ready for release and will be available again in an upcoming patch. Thanks Test Realm testers for checking out their potential!
Ready to throw some more Beastforms into the mix? In this Summer Update there are three brand new forms to try out!
Life Cyclops may not be the strongest or best at healing, but he’s the best form yet when it comes to dealing with minions. Pair up with some heavy hitting forms and bring your teammates back to life with extra power.
For the first time ever in Beastmoon, Myth Fairy has a non-Myth minion that can also upgrade while it’s already out to use more powerful spells. She is also highly improved in combination with Fire forms.
Storm Ninja Pig
Unlike most Storm forms, Storm Ninja Pig isn’t as focused on blading up and dealing damage. Those are both still part of this form, but he also leverages Negative Charms and Healing to help the team.
New to Beastmoon events? Check out Richard Unicorn Caller’s tutorial video! Also stop by the official site to peruse the many event guides from other players in the community.
Below are the expected Pets and Gold Idols for the next few months of Beastmoon events! Check out the Event Schedule for the exact dates of the events and be sure to keep watch on the Live update notes and the game’s social media channels for any upcoming announcements.
Beastmoon Hunt Rewards
Gold Beastform Idols and Pets:
Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Rewards
- AUG: Fire Draconian
- SEP: Storm Rat Thief
- OCT: Life Cyclops
- NOV: Myth Draconian
Progress Bar Pets:
Craftable Gold Idols:
- AUG: Death Ninja Pig
- SEP: Storm Colossus
- OCT: Balance Cyclops
- NOV: Myth Minotaur
Beastmoon Spellemental Rewards
- AUG: Myth Draconian, Life Draconian, Death Ninja Pig
- SEP: Ice Krokomummy, Fire Colossus, Storm Colossus
- OCT: Balance Wolf Warrior, Balance Krokomummy, Balance Cyclops
- NOV: Life Draconian, Death Ninja Pig, Myth Minotaur
- AUG: Spiritual
- SEP: Elemental
- OCT: Balance
- NOV: Spiritual
NEW PET WILL CASTS
In the past, Will Casts have only been available in PvE, but we’re introducing 7 new talents for use in PvP! These are no ordinary Will Casts, as they do not cast an extra spell on the same turn. Instead, these talents will place a specific “bonus” card on the top of your deck for the next time you draw. Let’s “take a peek” at these new spells:
If you enjoy these Omen spells you can “look forward” to even more deck-manipulation Will Casts in the future!
- Bernie’s Omen – Meltdown
- Blossom’s Omen – Tranquility
- Ivan’s Omen – Delusion
- Kelvin’s Omen – Wall of Blades
- Mortis’ Omen – Contagion
- Niles’ Omen – Righting the Scales
- Torrence’s Omen – Reap the Whirlwind
BUG FIXES AND OTHER CHANGES
Combat & Spells
Judge Veg solo badges have updated requirements and can now be acquired
- Old One’s Endgame cost to get Tier 3 set to 115 like the other spells
- Corrected several Spellement Reagent Ranks to show proper ranking:
- Barbarians Sage 8 > 6
- Blast Off 8 > 6
- Dark and Stormy 8 > 6
- Freeze Ray 8 > 6
- Grim Reader 8 > 6
- Ice Wyvern 5 > 4
- Lord of the Jungle 8 > 6
- Wraith 5 > 6
- 5th Age PvP Seasons changeover will now occur on Wednesdays (was previously Tuesdays)
- Corporal’s Cards PvP cosmetic recipe now has the proper requirement of the Corporal (5th Age) Badge
- Praetorian Guard added to the Monstrology Golems category
- Unforgiven Dead mobs now have correct pricing labels in Monstrology
- Evil Carrots added to Monstrology
- Removed several mobs from Monstrology to avoid confusion with only new Wizards on the FTUE being able to get them
- Treasure Cards now generate for Fear of the Future and Pork and Beans
Pets & Mounts
- Angoro’s Tower area will now load to complete the Mything Link quest
- All Things Must Pass quest now has the proper color quest lights
- Pet Coconut, CopyCake, Lucky Cat, and Chipmunk Conductor have new talents
- Changed pet coconut talent Elemental Scout to Elemental Retriever
UI and Visuals
- Purchasing 3 Blueprint Tokens should now immediately be apparent they were granted
Stability and Performance
- Fixed an issue with Inspect and Compare not working on items in a bundle
- Improved Celestia quest presentations (camera placement, timing to a fight from dialog, etc.)
- The ‘Buy More’ window should now display the correct cost when redeeming reagents for Blue Arena Tickets
- Spell card box now properly displays the UI equipment compare feature
- Captain Conscrow now properly listed as a regular mob, not a boss
- Pike Spiritcrusher now properly listed as a regular mob, not a boss
- Dyvim Whitehart Doodlefish now has a description
- Couple of recipe name corrections
- Beastmoon badge icons corrected
- Several animation and UI adjustments
- Several performance and stability fixes
- Opening Master/Premiere League window from your Character history will no longer crash the game
- Fixed section of Dragonspyre Labyrinth’s stairs being unable to climb
October 11, 2022
- Gate should no longer reset and consume a key
- Gate should now properly close after the three-hour cooldown period
- Counter should no longer reset to zero after casting the 12th cantrip
- Guild house progress should no longer reset with previous progress restored
- Thunder Elf should no longer despawn prematurely after being pulled into combat
- Added a small Guild Lock to the first Battle Gate
There is a known Raids Gate issue where the final couple of players entering together too quickly may not properly reset the gate. Form a line and proceed at a walking pace, Wizards!
- Fixed a jewel misalignment issue on some demiurge gear pieces
- Removed jewel sockets from items level 10 and below that incorrectly had them
- Resolved Sacred Yarn Kasaya Backpack Preview display issues
- Cerberus Gear now shown in Loyalty Story preview window
September 22, 2022
Quests and Combat
- Players can no longer respawn a mob with Dungeon Recall in the Guild House
- Character collision and texture issues in the Guild House were fixed
- Fixed some display errors on various guild crafters
- The Battle Gate Portal is still disabled. We’ll let you know when it's back!
- Various fixes to address the infamous “rounding error” that caused some combatants to display as defeated on the player’s client when they were still alive (please let us know if the problem persists!)
- Mything Link quest instance should no longer cause a stuck loading screen
- Inevitable Betrayal quest’s Karolak Nightspinner should now appear as expected
- Prevented players from teleporting to the final fight area of the Unforgiven Dead Gauntlet
- Fall Scroll of Fortune 1505 Point Reward should now give the Marleybone Balloon Car
- “Any Lvl” gear once again provides small stat bonuses
- Fixed issue where players sat incorrectly on the Park Bench housing item
- Various character gear animation fixes
- Troll (Spellement - Minion Path) – Temporarily set to “No PvP.” Players have offered a variety of well-intentioned suggestions, everything from increasing the pip cost to making the minion less useful. We will reassess the value of minions, especially “hit and minion” utility spells, and return the Troll at a future time with a more holistic solution.
- Deckathalon Decks – Deckathalon Decks are now prohibited in the lower-level Leagues (Master, Legendary, and Exalted). They remain available for play in the Premiere (Max) League.
- Shadow Rating – We have made some adjustments to the Shadow Gauge settings that should both increase the value of having the highest Shadow rating and reduce some of the RNG in the Shadow Gauge “fill.” It should be noted that by far the greatest impact on who will receive the first Shadow pip is (and has always been) which player gets the first action vs. which player generates the first “fill” on their Shadow Gauge. We are exploring some longer-term code solutions to minimize this “first turn” effect in order to deliver a more significant Shadow Pip advantage to the player with the highest Shadow rating.
- Maycast Dragonlance – We have made some adjustments to the cast rates of Dragonlance in PvP to reduce its ability to create dramatic gains in match tempo (particularly in the later turns of a match). PvE cast rates have not been altered.
September 8, 2022
Notes Addition: Battle Gate fixed. The gate will now go into cooldown after the 3 hour timer has expired. If you cast cantrips and a portal doesn't open, press 'x' to interact and you will see the cooldown timer. Players can unlock up to 3 gates, and each has a separate cooldown timer.
Redeem code GOLDKEYS1x22 for 1 Gold Skeleton Key due to the Daily Assignments redemption issue. Code expires on September 18, 2022.
- Increased drop rates for gear released during the Spring Update from Dragonspyre and Khrysalis
- Updated Raid Loot: Increased Gear and Spellements frequency and removed Skeleton Keys
- PvP: Restored the Resist limit/intersection (to S2 values) and instead changed the dropoff curve; the “shift” from defensive to offensive builds is not as pronounced (but still slightly favoring offense)
- Scroll of Fortune rewards display text has been changed to match intended rewards
- Daily Assignments now gives a Gold Skeleton Key during any holiday
- Resolved issue with completing the Down the Crazy River quest
August 25, 2022
We also temporarily removed team up from certain Gold Skeleton Key Bosses until a bug with utilizing said team ups can be rectified
- Lady Stonegaze Skeleton Key Boss should no longer cause the game to crash when someone is turned to stone (Polymorphed)
- Fixed an issue with mid-round entry on Drowned Dan Skeleton Key Boss
- Updated High Loremagus’ feint cheat to properly identify Mass Feint
- Current Gold Skeleton Key Sources:
- Beastmoon Crafting
- Deckathalon Crafting
- Skeleton Key Bosses
- Battle Pass
- Added four additional Gold Skeleton Key Sources:
- PvP Crafting
- Spiral Showcase
- Spiral Scene
- Daily Assignments (Day 15)
Guilds & Raids
Spells & PvP
- Improved UI timing for when a Guild invite appears
- A Battle Gate portal should now remain open more predictably
- Raid pet token can now be reliably collected
- Resolved issue where certain Cantrips were able to be cast while in combat
- Resolved a rare crash when creating an Adventure Party
Thanks community for reporting many of these issues, especially around the new Guilds and Raids systems!
- Lowered the Maycast rates on Shadowforged weapons in PvP
- Further adjustments to Troll Spellement path’s minion
- Adjusted Minion spell deck
- Adjusted Minion AI