Welcome to the January 2009 Update Notes Page. What are Update Notes you ask? Every time we update Wizard101, we like to let our players know what changes have been made and what new additions have been given to the game. Update Notes explain those changes and updates.
This month, the world of Dragonspyre opens: a new high level world on the Spiral! We've also given new players a stronger starting wand.
Everyone, I'm very proud to announce that we will be opening up the new world of Dragonspyre
on the LIVE Wizard101 game. At the same time we will be adding our new Player vs Player
dynamic and lots of other goodies.
The Wizard101 game will be offline Monday January 19th starting at 3am central time and will be down until approximately 7am central time. This is a big update so there is a chance we will run past this four hour window, your patience is appreciated.
Now about Dragonspyre
, those of you who have received the Spiral Key for Dragonspyre from Merle Ambrose, will need to speak to him again for further instructions. From there, you will have a fun little adventure and in no time you will find yourselves looking at page 2 of the spiral chamber door menu.
A word about the Player vs Player
. After testing the wagering system for Wizard101's Player vs Player tournament feature, we have decided that wagering will not transfer from the Test Realm to the live game. Therefore, there is no need to implement parental controls for this system. Members will be able to gain Arena Tickets and buy lots of great gear. Free to Play and Crowns Players can use our Practice Arenas to build their tactics.
For more information see our Player vs Player Guide
New Starter Wand!
Say farewell to Felix Navidad, but as a final present, he has granted new spells to everyone’s starter wands, and has placed that wand in the Wizard City wand shop for those who no longer have their starter wand.
This is a ONE PIP wand that includes spells from all schools except your main school of focus. This way you can see what other schools are like and what their strengths and weaknesses are by using the spells on this wand.
Here is an example of the Ice School starter wand. Once new players have completed Unicorn way, they will receive a zero pip wand for their school of focus.
New Mini-Game - Dueling Diego!
Guide Diego through each level by attacking enemies and jumping to avoid dangerous obstacles in his way. As you move through the game, you'll regain your health after some time. At the end of each level, you will have to fight a super tough enemy to advance. Defeat them all, and you'll rescue Francesco and be a dueling hero!
Check it out for yourselves in any Mini-Game area, or for a sneak peek, check out our Player's Guide
New Character Page
The character page now shows your Crowns balance and Arena Tickets, plus your stats, badges, and PvP rankings in a new layout.
In other news there are lots of little changes to our worlds.
Some small details:
- The "Mander Savior Badge" can now be obtained by completing Tomb of the Beguiler. Players will not need to redo this quest to receive the badge.
- Heckhound spell has a new attack, and also has its fiery breath back, thanks to a lozenge concocted by Falmea.
- Balance Schools’ Power Play now accurately affects your pips.
- The % symbol now appears beside the resist stats in your character page.
- Wizards will now hear the pitter patter of their little feet as they adventure through the Spiral.
- Spells have been added to existing Jack Frost and Santa's Little Helper pets.
- Treasure cards slots have been added to the Deck of Self Examination.
- Character selection screen locations should accurately reflect the last area your character was located when you logged off.
- Players who have been defeated in a team duel will no longer gain pips while they are in a defeated state.
- Those of you who were previously unable to enter the North Clock Tower in Newgate Prison to complete the 'Stop that Cat' quest, will now find they can enter the tower.
- You can now trade Treasure Cards while you are in combat, so stock a couple extra healing cards for friends in need!
- A chat submenu has been added to the Menu Chat system to allow players to communicate about Player vs. Player
- Prospector Zeke can be found in Dragonspyre, look for him for his quest, but he doesn't have any Crowns items to sell you yet.
- The Earn Crowns button can now be found in your Friends Panel. Remember if your friend is already playing Wizard101, you don't need to invite them.
See you in Dragonspyre, my precious little snowflakes!