Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria is too hard for a life to solo!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
On my main life wizard, he made it to black palace in Zafaria. I did Zafaria mostly solo but the boss in black palace is unfair! Its 4v1 battle. And he criticals. The closest time I killed him his minions was defeated and the boss had a wand hit health! I had no attacks left! I got to him like 5 times!
Can I have any tips to defeat the boss in black palace?

-Jason LifeSword Lvl 67

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Okay try to power up for a forest lord in your case to take out the minions try to overpower the minions weaknesses and try to get first if possible put some pixies in and some satyrs after the minions are down and your low on health focus on healing and shielding if you have ice shields or tower shields that would be useful as well tower shield is more useful though i dont know if you have waterworks gear but its useful to have since you get global resist so may want to get waterworks gear if you haven't yet hope this helped
P.S. Sanctuary would prob help with your heals as well.
Austin Firecaster lvl 100

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
You get the hang of Zafaria once you get to stone town, trust me.

-Caitlin LegendBright lvl. 73

Survivor
Apr 13, 2014
With safaris you have to be patient i went through it in a day and a half

Survivor
May 22, 2009
What's your strategy? Critical or blocking?

I stick with blocking, resisting, shielding, and keeping my health up until I can get with a full rack of pips. Blocking is good because something that could potentially wipe you out could just cut you in half if you block. Also spam shields I have it easier (I'm balance), but if I wasn't balance and was still soloing I would train ice until Tower.

It's all about how you use your pips, and keeping your health up. I suggest training empowerment (every spell 4+ pips that hits you gets you a pip), because after spamming shields you still have a lot of health left, and you probably have a full rack of pips.

I hope this helped!

Morgan Stormheart

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
I think almost all worlds are too hard for a life to solo but it gets a lot easier.

Patrick dragon leaf level 78

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I would prefer having help most of the time. But the mob battles get easier. I would not go alone on Belloq. You need a 2 person team for that. Other then that is should be easy. I did 70% solo it just takes a while :P hope this helped and enjoyed it if it did.

-Brady FireBringer Lvl 98

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
patrick dragon lea... on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
I think almost all worlds are too hard for a life to solo but it gets a lot easier.

Patrick dragon leaf level 78
I disagree wizard city grizzlehelm wysteria krocotopia (sorry if spelled wrong) and marleybone are easy and it gets harder

Paul Rainpants lvl 72

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
As far as I know, Life is not the school to solo with. They have not enough attacks and too many heals.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
As a wizard just about to enter the Black Palace (Level 69 or so), I found that Zafaria was fairly easy for me to solo. Although some bosses (Belloq) were too difficult for me to solo, Waterworks gear and more crit helped me through the world. My suggestion is to get some Waterworks gear and concentrate on Forest Lord to get his minions out of the way and heals to break his shields.
Zachary Battleflame Level 69

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Try leveling up a bit... I'm level 72, and I haven't even finished Zafaria. I'm still on Drum Jungle. Zafaria is easy at first, but at Drum Jungle it gets hard. I'm stuck on a boss... forget what its called. But yeah. I can't solo it on my storm, either, but if I find one other person to work with it goes by fast. (Although almost everyone levels up faster than I do.)

Destiny Windgem, level 72
Destiny Icesong, level 35

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Palo90 on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
As a wizard just about to enter the Black Palace (Level 69 or so), I found that Zafaria was fairly easy for me to solo. Although some bosses (Belloq) were too difficult for me to solo, Waterworks gear and more crit helped me through the world. My suggestion is to get some Waterworks gear and concentrate on Forest Lord to get his minions out of the way and heals to break his shields.
Zachary Battleflame Level 69
Agreed! Waterworks gear is a great help, and made Zafaria SO much easier than Celestia.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2008
for life its now THAT hard to solo stuff in zafaria my advice is to just used forest lord gnomes blades and prisms when needed just think about what you will need for the boss fight you dont all ways have to have a full deck :)

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
Ok im in avalon i soloed black palace with my life on first try . is your deck big???
because i just put in 8 forest lords some satyrs some sun enchants all my blades and traps and i beat the goliath with 3567 hp (have a good deck its the key to everything)

btw life is good to solo if you use it right

Paul Rainpants lvl 76

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
As a wizard, I too had trouble at first. So my help is get a high level friend to help you. That's how I mostly got to the last world. Also wizards aren't mean't to do thing solo unless you have hades gear, good critical, block, good heals, and attacks. Plus a good pet.

Sophia ShadowBlade

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I'm a life and the only time I don't solo is when one of my friends randomly teleports to me in the middle of a battle. I always use forest lord if there's more than one enemy I'm fighting, just because it's so easy. I enchant it (I believe it's +250?), use a life blade, use a +45% life blade I get from an amulet, occasionally use other boosts such as auras/spirit blades/any form of trap if they have more than maybe 3,000 health. My life wizard has a boost itself of +70%, and I critical about 20-ish% of the time.

So basically, I like to focus on giving damage. I do have about 23% universal resist (which isn't that great to begin with) and my block is pretty terrible. If worse comes to worse and you have crowns, get a henchman. I now a lot of people don't like them, but the ones level 60+ can be very helpful. But please please please don't get anything lower than that, I've noticed they just blade you random schools.