Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't do it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2011
I try to solo a boss in zafaria, but I can't do it.
I try to ask for help but no one decides to help me because they're all selfish fools.
In conclusion beating the game is near impossible.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Sidequest some more to level up. Complete absolutely everything you can everywhere to get the best gear/spells/experience. Perfect your deck for the boss, making an exact plan of every move you'll make. Zafaria was a bit tough for me as well, and I sidequest way too much (I'll be level 120 when I beat Khrysalis), but if you perfect your strategy, you can't lose. If push comes to shove, then buy a henchman (trivia earns you 100 Crowns a day).

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Calling them fools probably won't help your cause much. The best thing you can do is use Team Up for the tough bosses and make your deck as efficient as possible for any others. I think (as fire) I only needed to use Team up on a couple of the bosses and beat everything else solo. The only place I am certain I could never have beaten by myself is Mirror Lake...all the other places I could have eventually won.

If any bosses give you serious problem the first thing I would advise is researching them to see what cheats and spells they use. As an example, knowing that one of the elephant bosses will destroy you if you don't attack him nearly every round was a huge difference between me dying and me owning him. Well that and the fact that fire elf is probably one of the most efficient killing spells I have seen in the game :)

Also, its nice to have a pet with a few good abilities at this point...I think energizer battery is the best pet spell ever...if I can just get unicorn and fairy on the same pet I will be overjoyed.

And remember Team up is your best friend. Its very rare that you can't find someone to join if you wait a few minutes. You can also go train your pet or farm couch potatoes while you wait.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
MoonQuarts on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
I try to ask for help but no one decides to help me because they're all selfish fools.
"Selfish Fools?"

Understand that no one in the game is obligated to assist anyone else. It's all completely voluntary, so don't get mad when persons are too busy to assist you or just plain out don't want to. It's not a part of their quest found in their quest log.

Do a few sides and gain a few levels and try at it again.

Some of the more difficult bosses like Belloq in Waterfront or the dungeon of Mirror Lake often times usually has someone in line, waiting on team up.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
If you don't have waterworks gear you should farm for it and if your not level 60 just do a bunch of sidequests

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
My advice to you, keep the number of spells in your deck small (don't always max out the limit of a spell you can add). Use only the most important spells you will expect to use. If you haven't yet, speak to Blad Raveneye in Triton Avenue and farm the Waterworks dungeon to get a good level 60 set. Do side quests for extra exp points to level up.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Not everyone is a 'selfish fool'. Give it time, side quest, get good gear, and look for help. Even low level friends can be helpful and often others don't want to waste time on their membership to assist others but to level up and finish the main storyline- please keep that in mind and eventually you can do it.
P.S.: I completely understand, Zafaria was my wake-up call that I couldn't do everything alone.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
There's a lot of good advice in this thread.

Dragonrider12403, you can get more specific advice about soloing encounters if you provide your school and the name of the boss. Also, try using the Team Up button outside of the dungeon. It may take a while, but you can often get help from others who also need to defeat that boss.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2014
As someone else said teaming up is a good idea. Zafaria is a hard world and doing hard bosses by yourself isn't such a good idea.

You could do side quests in Celestia and wait until your a high enough level to try battling that boss.

I know how you feel though I get really annoyed with bosses I can't defeat :P

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I'm not sure what school you are but here is what you should pack in your deck:

Mob deck:

3 or 4 blades that stack
enchant for aoe attack
attack

Boss deck:
3 to 4 blades that stack
normal feint
tc feint
enchant for hit
aoe hit

This will all depend on your damage, you might want to add a few blades to either deck if you damage is not very high. Also, don't bother with shielding or healing ESPECIALLY ON MOBS. I hate it when people do that when it isn't even a boss battle. I understand the boss battle, if you really need to, then do it. You do not want to waste turns ever in this game.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2016
MoonQuarts on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
I agree with everything you said here.