Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helephant Tower Quest=Waste of Life

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 01, 2010
665
random1self wrote:
Do you still have to use dispels to keep from having your blades stolen and placed on the death boss? But, getting hit with a bone dragon because you or your pet fizzle is where it seems to have gone too far. Is the gear even worth it?


no you do not. me and a team my friend gathered up dint use 1 dispel on the first boss. (we mostly just didnt blade cause only one person was able to) the team was life balance ice and fire (only ice could elemental blade, life and fire would get the blades from that stolen, and balance doesnt have an elemental type blade)

i know right, the minotaur had cast myth imp on me (least not life), and my pet has spritely, the first time it cast that, i was slammed with one of of the insane bone dragons, but you fizzling, it just makes the boss even more fun.

and for life/death/balance the lexicon blade is pretty much worth it (i fire, and it matched my legendary athame, minus pips, but with a pips o plenty pet that wont be a problem) paired up with stellar signet, i was pretty content.
though, the ring, i would just buy your ring of battle (gives almost same stats, with bad pips, only thing good about it is the heal boost, but that is compared to my stellar signet. (which is pretty easy to craft)

i got the lexicon blade from the first boss, and the ring from the last (just saying)

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
137
Many people were protestand of how difficult the Waterworks dungeon was on their firsst try; however, many of those people also agreed that after a couple of times, it was easy. I'm sure the Helephant Tower will end up like this as well.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
2
what i say about that is that helephant tower is way to tough and the ones say they beat it well i dont beleive ya because we have tryed over ten times and nothing so what i am say they need to let us attack twice to make it even and that not the only thing wrong with this game there is so much more that needs to be worked on i have done quest and it shows i still have them or quest i have done it says you can bring four player but want let no one enter me my self and hundreds of other players are tired of trying on this game and tired of paying for nothing all that money wasted i think just saying how a lot of us feel to the rest good luck


Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
1
:? I absolutely hate this tower. I play this game to relieve stress and have fun, not to get stressed out more while i am playing it. I am all for a challenge but this is just to much for me, I absolutely cant stand this tower. Good job to all that have beat it, but i have tried 7 times and each time people either leave, or we get to the finale boss and everyone dies so the stupid boss gets all of his health back that I just spent 30 minutes reducing. If someone knows what they are doing and wont leave half way through would like to help me please let me know. I am not doing this tower again until i can find people that know what they are doing. IM SICK OF TRYING AND DYING> :-(

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
24
My problem isnt with how hard or how long this tower takes, but if you die you cant get back in to finish up, I tried the going back in and running the floors, it didnt work. and yes I went in alone.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Again? Seriously? Every time KI puts in a challenging new area (almost always optional, like this tower) there's an endless stream of complaints that it's too tough. How about just one time some of you realize that not everything is about you? If you don't want to be pushed to up your game, that's fine. KI isn't forcing you to. Others, like myself, enjoy the game but like something a little more challenging from time to time. Think of it like PvP. I rarely have anything to do with it, but some people really love it. I understand that, and have no problem with KI investing time in an area of the game that doesn't matter to me. Why? Because it's optional, and there's plenty of other things for me to do in the game. If you don't want to do the tower, fine. We'll do it, figure it out, and post the strategy guides online so you can follow the tips step by step later on and brag about how you beat the tower. That seems to be the pattern anyway. Oh, and just because someone is legendary, it doesn't mean that they're a master of tactics and strategies. I've teamed up with more than one that had me pulling my hair out because they kept violating the rules of a cheating boss after I had just told them, repeatedly, what not to do.

P.S. I don't like being a chat board editor, but when you type a large paragraph and don't use a single piece of punctuation, it's a bit frustrating. For one thing, it makes your advice/comments seem like nonsense, no matter how valuable it might actually be. It also gives readers like me a headache when we actually try to figure out what you're saying.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
19
Look, consider the following as written in caps-lock: This tower has not been made for us to hate it, plead it's difficulty level to be changed. If you are legendary.. this tower is made partially for you! If you're legendary you don't have much to do since.. so far you've basically finished the game. >This is to keep legendaries up and still playing the game, a little challenge for them to pass.
Waterworks wasn't nor easier nor shorter. I think you realized levels 58- are not likely to succeed this tower.. but it's the fun of the game! Remember Wizard101 was invented for.. a little challenge and fun. If you do NOT enjoy challenge on this game, you shouldn't really try it.

Imagine everything would be as easy as Triton Avenue, the first street we ALL ever played. It was great fun, and still challenging! Big Ben, was for you when you owned a lower level. Alright, Helephant Tower isn't to be compared to Big Ben, but nor with impossible! If it would be impossible, it wouldn't be there. Don't you the the Game operators test it before releasing them on the Live Realm?

Goody, good luck in continuing your adventure in Wizard101! :]
Heather NightBlood - Level 42 Master Necromancer
(Perviously legendary Life & Storm)

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
8
I hate this tower. It is an infernal waste of time, with no payoff.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
9
k the tower is a nice challnge i beat it on my first try a team myth ice (me) life and death we killed the myth boss then the tower shields stoped we killed the minions then the death guy was left we all used our lvl fifty eght spells on the guy and killed him the last boss kill him not the people he summons cant stress that more then i do then kill the minons destroy the heart and done

noah wildrunner lvl 60 ice see you in the spiral :P :)

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
172
Castorez wrote:
So we've been doing the Helephant Tower for 4 hours... And we just could not complete it. We're all legendaries too. This is a direct message to Wizard101 to lower how long it takes, and the difficulty. Most people end up quitting after the first boss cause of how long it takes... Then after it are like 7 more floors, until a semi-boss, and then the real boss.. All in all, do not do this until Wizard101 lowers the standards. Right now it is nearly impossible unless you 'no-life' it. We have yet to complete it. I was so excited to do it, so I bought membership just for it.. Worst thing I EVER bought. I want my refund

it's easy after you complete first floor

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
30
pooman77 wrote:
how do you get this quest i have beaten wysteria and i am level 58 is the quest a side quest or something please reply soon by the way what is the new area in grizilhiam my name is kane


I think that the Helephant's Tower is only for legendaries. Which means you should get it once you become level 60.

And on the unrelated note, are you talking about Wintertusk when you say the "new area in gizzlehiem"? It's been out for a few months now, it's not so new anymore. But yes, I think what you are talking about is Wintertusk. You have to complete Gizzleheim to go to Wintertusk. Hope this answered your question!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
I just wanted to add my opinion about this tower.

Yes, it is optional, and because of this, I will only do it once on each wizard to get the quest out of my books. I will not farm it willingly, because the rewards are low for that much trouble.

Now, here is why I think the Helephant Tower is wrong...
1) you should not need a SPECIFIC school to complete a quest. -- Life to heal, Fire to Dispel, Ice to dispel. I have seen that strategy posted several times.

2) you should not need a SPECIFIC spell to complete a quest. Quench to stop the smoke screens every 4 rounds. Melt to prevent the Blizzards. When the dispel is not within your school, that is all one wizard can do...cast dispel over and over again.

3) the idea of myth using that imp to place dispels GUARANTEES a skeletal dragon...that puts life and death at a disadvantage.

4) Even if a pet fizzles because of the dispels, you still get hit. This contradicts all the other cheats in previous areas where the pets spells were free from cheats. For Example--a pet casting feint on Luska.

5) the final boss being storm and removing converts, yet keeping his high resists. This makes storm only good at removing the minions. (which could have been what KI wanted so the boss would be more of a challenge for a team with a Storm wizard.)

I have farmed Waterworks countless times. The cheats within that tower are within reason, and you don't need a specific spell to win against the bosses.

Now, I am not saying they should change the Helephant tower. I will say, if this tower is any indication of what is to come, I may just hang up my wand and say goodbye to Wizard101. A challenge is good, but only if it is within reason and fair to ALL schools and ALL spells.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
MasterKhalil12 wrote:
I really cant say anything cause I am only level 51 but what I do know is since ur a legend u obviously did big ben so that means u should have some experience with this type of stuff. And since u said it was really hard just keep doing big ben as practice and try equipping new spells, just because someones a high lvl doesnt mean other spells cant be used. Try prisms also if u need help with someone who resists and if they put -80 on that school buy a different wand. But most importantly get gear that gives u lots of critical and health. Good Luck!!


Big Ben was and is a walk in the park compared to Helephant tower and Waterworks. Using Big Ben as practice would not accomplish anything. The 2 bosses on the first level are both very high health and yes they cheat. Waterworks was fun, but I don't see this one as being fun. My life legendary can defeat one boss with this kind of health sometimes(not always). But to try to solo against 4 foe, especially when 2 are bosses with this kind of health on the first level is sheer folly. There are even full teams that are not completing this tower on the first try.

I have already tried this tower twice with one of my legendaries. Frankly, I don't care if I ever enter it again. The only thing I will not gain if there is a badge for it, is that badge. I do try to complete all badges but those for Wysteria don't really interest me. This was the most boring area I have ever done, and I currently have 7 wizards. The only thing it has done for me is help me level my younger wizards.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
2
I do not mind that the tower is tough. I do not mind that the tower is long. The problem that I have is that the tower drops are super lame for being that tough and that long (does anyone remember Kensington Park?). The last guy drops the legend ring. Look at the stats next time of that ring. What's the point of going all the way down the tower for a ring that pales in comparison to the crafted one? Perhaps the only good thing at all is the athame, and that is just slightly better than the crafted one from WT.

Imho, Kings Isle really dropped the ball on this one. The tower is so not worth it!

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
336
Well.
It took me and a group of Legendaries to complete the Waterworks in Triton Avenue. This is our group:
Fire (Me), Life, Storm, Ice
It took us 2 hours.
But I'm not complaining. I laid out the time and knew it would take a while, so I did it when I had loads of time. And we got it first time, too.
-Wait for a good team
-Never give up
By the way, can someone answer this: How do you get the Tower of Helephant quest?

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
8
stanklepoot wrote:
Again? Seriously? Every time KI puts in a challenging new area (almost always optional, like this tower) there's an endless stream of complaints that it's too tough. How about just one time some of you realize that not everything is about you? If you don't want to be pushed to up your game, that's fine. KI isn't forcing you to. Others, like myself, enjoy the game but like something a little more challenging from time to time. Think of it like PvP. I rarely have anything to do with it, but some people really love it. I understand that, and have no problem with KI investing time in an area of the game that doesn't matter to me. Why? Because it's optional, and there's plenty of other things for me to do in the game. If you don't want to do the tower, fine. We'll do it, figure it out, and post the strategy guides online so you can follow the tips step by step later on and brag about how you beat the tower. That seems to be the pattern anyway. Oh, and just because someone is legendary, it doesn't mean that they're a master of tactics and strategies. I've teamed up with more than one that had me pulling my hair out because they kept violating the rules of a cheating boss after I had just told them, repeatedly, what not to do.

P.S. I don't like being a chat board editor, but when you type a large paragraph and don't use a single piece of punctuation, it's a bit frustrating. For one thing, it makes your advice/comments seem like nonsense, no matter how valuable it might actually be. It also gives readers like me a headache when we actually try to figure out what you're saying.


You are absolutely right except, many of us aren't as gifted as you are and we play a certain set of rules. The impossible quests are designed to soak the naive for cash. They are the only quests I have left and are the ones I won't even attempt.

I am sorry we give you a headache, but maybe you can take this to the bank. Pretty soon, Kingisle will drive all those inferior people you dislike to someplace more rewarding, like onverse, or there, when it re-opens.

When you tell people they cannot cheat and then turn around and cheat, what message does it send to the younger players? That it's okay to steal from the kids in the playground, when you own the playground?

The Heliphant Tower is not a challenge ... It's straight up thievery. And by the way, don't take any aceteminophen for the headache, it will shut down your liver.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
35
he has a point here, it is very hard, I made it my second try, however, the drops were ridiculous, I was expecting something fabulous....that is what the waste of time is, spend money to get dispels and such and wasting four plus hours and the drops were awful, nothing I can use....drops should be geared to the schools each wizard is in, and also make it worth our while if it is going to be so difficult....at least have nice drops from the bosses....please!

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
21
there is more then one battle in that tower the first one i cant get threw and it is sooooo hard and so some people got threw it . it is very hard i say they made the top of the tower to hard and there are other bosses in that tower to i give up . ki it is great how you made the first part of the tower cheat

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
37
We have a team of 3 that have defeated this tower 2x's. Yes it was very difficult, lots of running back from dying, and lots of time, but we did it. The only disappointment is the lack of rewards for a legendary wizard.

keira lifeheart and other keira's x's 8 lol

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
pooman77 wrote:
how do you get this quest i have beaten wysteria and i am level 58 is the quest a side quest or something please reply soon by the way what is the new area in grizilhiam my name is kane

its lvl 60 only

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
11
Whenever you get to a new floor either use a potion or go to the minigames area and refresh your mana. Take turns doing this with your friends and leave one of those portal things (I don't remember what they are called) so if you or your friends die, you can go directly back to that floor. Keep repeating this and i'm sure you will get it. P.S. I haven't actually been in helephant tower before but I did this with my friend in big ben! Try beating big ben before you take this on. big ben is a good practice dungeon probobly like this! Good luck!
-Samuel Sparkle Rider, level 36 balance wizard.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
17
In reference to the Helephant Tower, I personally studied the Strategy Guides for a week before I ever entered. Therefore, I knew what to do and to expect. With my Legendary Life wizard wearing a pet that gives her 100 percent accuracy and a team with plenty of fire dispels in their treasure, no one had to go back in after dying. So the re-entering problem did not become a problem. We made it through the end without a problem. Had a great time! It is all about preperation and teamwork! The only complaint I have is where is the drops in this tower?
I agree that the crafted rings and athames are as good or better than whet is dropped in here. For the length of time, I would expect the Piggy Outfit, Mastery Amulets, Mega Snacks and even the level 60 gear to be in here! Very little reward for the completion of this tower except bragging rights. Absolutely NO reason to repeat unless friends need help with it.
"Liz" Dreamweaver-Legend Balance, Dreamrider-Legend Fire, Dreambringer-Legend Death, Dreambreaker-Legend Storm, Dreamcatcher-Legend Life, Dreamfinder-Legend Ice

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
17
Can someone clear something up for me?

I see a few posts that talk about running back after dying, and then I see other posts which complain about how you can't get back in after you die.

So which is it? Please feel free to elaborate on your responses.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
gavpav2002 wrote:
Can someone clear something up for me?

I see a few posts that talk about running back after dying, and then I see other posts which complain about how you can't get back in after you die.

So which is it? Please feel free to elaborate on your responses.


If you switch realms (and sometimes the game will automatically do it for you if your current server is overpopulated) then you cannot get into the same instance you were just in. However, you can re-enter the dungeon via sigils and continue your previous progress, if you did not change realms or any of the other dungeon resetting procedures.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
3
I have only been playing Wizard101 for two months, and this is my first legendary. I don't consider myself a particularly good player. I learn new things every time I play. I'd just like to say don't been discouraged about Helephant Tower. My first try, my team worked at it all night, and we were ultimately defeated. But I learned the cheats and was able to strategize the next time around. I have successfully completed it twice now, and our strategy has been different each time, along with a different combination of players and schools. This last time, we only used a dispel once, and did not use any of the other spells specified above. But we were patient with each other, and coordinated things carefully. I never even had to use an elixir! I'm not saying it isn't hard; I am saying it's an exciting opportunity to get creative! And yes, I agree that the drops are sparse considering the effort put forth, but the Lexicon Blade is nice to have! (The ring? Meh.)

Catherine Skyhammer
Legendary Diviner