Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks drop rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
I am level 62 storm and just finished doing the waterworks for the 8th time. I got the hat and boots the first time through, but I have gotten nothing 7 times in a row now. I think that the drop rates are unfair because the dungeon takes around 2 hours to complete, and it is not worth it to spend that many hours farming for gear.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
retrop7 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
I am level 62 storm and just finished doing the waterworks for the 8th time. I got the hat and boots the first time through, but I have gotten nothing 7 times in a row now. I think that the drop rates are unfair because the dungeon takes around 2 hours to complete, and it is not worth it to spend that many hours farming for gear.
I can relate. I farmed Waterworks for the gear on my first 2 wizards, Life and Death. I found farming the least attractive feature of the game and felt fortunate that KI kinda gave us an option with some crafted gear, almost as good. Sadly some hate crafting as much as farming but I found even though it was a drudgery, I did get results I could count on. "Chance to get and Luck" were wearing on me even though I hadn't farmed as much as many to get this gear.

My life wizard had completed the Seal of the Seven Seas in Celestia and became my crafter for all my other wizards gear. I spent a lot less time gathering for the lvl 56 gear then I would of farming for it.

I know farming is a very popular aspect of the game for many now but it's just not for me. On a side note, the Death wizard is long since deleted and our Death wizards are on another account, so all the runs though WW were a complete waste of my time.

Mary