Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points Buyback

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
40
A death GM here...I recently bought back all my training points--18 in total. I wanted to focus on a secondary school with my new training points--in other words, buy all the spells for a storm student, for example--but the system is not letting me buy what I want.

Before I can can buy the second level of spells in my secondary school, I have to first buy all the first level spells from all the other schools. This was not supposed to be how it worked according to earlier posts. The Owl said you can buy back your training points and "spend them the way you want."

That's not exactly true if buying all the first level spells from other schools is the only way to open the second, third, fourth, etc. spell for your chosen secondary school. Is this a bug? Or has the Owl misled me? It cost over 5K in crown to buy back points--what happened to me being able to spend them the way I want? Pls. advise.

Administrator
sberger11604 wrote:
A death GM here...I recently bought back all my training points--18 in total. I wanted to focus on a secondary school with my new training points--in other words, buy all the spells for a storm student, for example--but the system is not letting me buy what I want.

Before I can can buy the second level of spells in my secondary school, I have to first buy all the first level spells from all the other schools. This was not supposed to be how it worked according to earlier posts. The Owl said you can buy back your training points and "spend them the way you want."

That's not exactly true if buying all the first level spells from other schools is the only way to open the second, third, fourth, etc. spell for your chosen secondary school. Is this a bug? Or has the Owl misled me? It cost over 5K in crown to buy back points--what happened to me being able to spend them the way I want? Pls. advise.


Sorry for your misunderstanding, young Wizard, here is the exact text from the website about Training Points:
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent.


Which is true, you can spend them in any school you like, however just like the first time around, you cannot 'cherry pick' what spells to purchase, you must learn the lower level spells before you can learn the higher level spells. This has not changed, nor will it.




community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
40
I retract my statement. The game is in fact letting me buy spells like I want. I was confused. This is what happens to deaths with nothing to do. They start getting paranoid. Getting squirrelly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Buy back works great! Really great to have a new set of core spells.
--DeathBlossom.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
30
I believe what your trying to say is that the SPELLS you had bought would disappear HOWEVER the game has taken the first 3 levels of FREE SPELLS that are aquired by tasks or quests and NOW you must by the first 3 SPELLS back in any school except your own. I had the same thing happen and am not happy

DOES anyone know how to aquire the FREE SPELLS back from the schools even after you rebuy or DOES aanyone know how you aquire these throughout the game I know most are in WIZARD CITY or KROKOTOPIA

Thank you

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
30
Adding from my reg post. If I earned some spells from all the other schools that I wasnt from fighting certain creatures or beating bosses WHY DID THOSE SPELLS DISAPPEAR. This is very unfair
If thats how it is, we should be able to buy training points

Administrator
Young Wizard,
The only way to earn spells from outside your school of focus is to purchase them with training points.
The only exception is the healing spell you receive from Lady Oriel's quest in Unicorn Way.

When you sell back your cards for training points, you sell back ALL your non-school specific cards (again, with the exception of the Heal spell), and receive ALL the training points you spent.

jkert2001 wrote:
Adding from my reg post. If I earned some spells from all the other schools that I wasnt from fighting certain creatures or beating bosses WHY DID THOSE SPELLS DISAPPEAR. This is very unfair
If thats how it is, we should be able to buy training points


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
11
Actually my problem with this feature is you have to have CROWNS to do it. I find this to be extremely unfair as most if not all other games now a day have a way of "respeccing" and paying real life money is not required except in this game. What is going to happen when the new secondary schools are introduced in the new expansion? Or the new spell that can be bought on Colossus Boulevard as of the next patch? People going to have to pay a fortune in crowns just to respec (retrain) just so they can get the new skill? Then have to retrain AGAIN when Celestia comes out and new secondary schools are released? I don't expect retrains to be free, but charge people gold, not crowns. Or at the very least DECREASE the cost, the amount of crowns it costs to retrain at 17 skills points I think is over 4,000 crowns.(It cost my life mage at least that much for 17 skill points) Ridiculous.

It would need to go down to like 1k crowns at MOST. I still think charging crowns at all is beyond unfair seeing how so many additions in spells is coming soon.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
8
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Young Wizard,
The only way to earn spells from outside your school of focus is to purchase them with training points.
The only exception is the healing spell you receive from Lady Oriel's quest in Unicorn Way.

When you sell back your cards for training points, you sell back ALL your non-school specific cards (again, with the exception of the Heal spell), and receive ALL the training points you spent.

jkert2001 wrote:
Adding from my reg post. If I earned some spells from all the other schools that I wasnt from fighting certain creatures or beating bosses WHY DID THOSE SPELLS DISAPPEAR. This is very unfair
If thats how it is, we should be able to buy training points


Therefore after spending crowns to get training points back - your actually 3 free spells short of where you should be? wow.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
1
hey im a level 33 death wizard. I was excited when i heard about the training points buy back option because when i first got my account i didnt really know what secondary schools were and wasted one of my points. is there anyway i can just buy one point back and return one card? instead of buying all of them back.