Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This was funny yet embarrassing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
So recently, I was going through Grizzelhiem, and I was lonely so I started to text chat to the creatures I was fighting. I named them and had conversations with them. This went on for about an hour. I came across this wizard that was just spinning in circles. Because I was in the mood, I started talking to him, asking him if he liked cheese and etc. I figured I was safe because he was offline. I ran off to do more quests, but everytime I passed him, I had a one sided conversation with him. Finally, as I was going into a dungeon, guess who comes running up? You guessed it, spinny dude. So I was laughing to myself, just because he was running around. Then he said "Rebecca you are weird" I lost it there. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I the only one who talks to inanimate pixelated objects?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I can relate to this post.

Until I found out spinning players were away from their keyboard (AFK), I'll admit I'd type messages to them out of ignorance. Now, I only send messages to spinning friends, to give them a status update what I, or the teams we're on are doing/or about to do; to help them catch up when they come back online.

On one level, talking or chatting in a person's direction whose not actually there is very funny to most people.

On another level, it frustrating to those players not in the know, who genuinely want to dialog with the wizard spinning in circles.

To address this, an AFK icon should appear over any wizard this is gone from their keyboard after so many seconds or minutes. This will eliminate confusion for everyone except those folks that don't know what AFK means.

There should also be an auto-response text sent to anyone attempting to communicate with any player (AFK, in a battle or dungeon, etc...). This text would simply say:

"This player has been AFK for xxx number of minutes"
"This player is in a battle they can't come out of us"
"This player is in a long dungeon they're attempting to finish"
"You can't port to this player in a solo only dungeon"
"Player created auto-response text"

While auto-player activity status icons, and appropriate auto-response texts may not happen today with the affects everyone wants; they can both be used to overcome very specific communication gaps existing in today's game.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
Rebecca Ashhunter on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
So recently, I was going through Grizzelhiem, and I was lonely so I started to text chat to the creatures I was fighting. I named them and had conversations with them. This went on for about an hour. I came across this wizard that was just spinning in circles. Because I was in the mood, I started talking to him, asking him if he liked cheese and etc. I figured I was safe because he was offline. I ran off to do more quests, but everytime I passed him, I had a one sided conversation with him. Finally, as I was going into a dungeon, guess who comes running up? You guessed it, spinny dude. So I was laughing to myself, just because he was running around. Then he said "Rebecca you are weird" I lost it there. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I the only one who talks to inanimate pixelated objects?
i have a story like this

when i was new i got so bored on the first half so i saw this person saying all these text words afk lol gtg gg lamo etc
i walk up to the person and started naming random fruits everybody stop around me nobody texted it was as if commons had stop everybody stop and looked at me it was as if i didn't belong i back away slowly to old town till i left and once i left i just couldn't stop laughing in real life

Survivor
Oct 11, 2015
XD I totally do that when I'm alone.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
nope,your not the only one.i went with my friend to zafaria and i litterally started going to the queen elephant and talking with her it was so funny.sadly soon after my friend told me i have mental problems and told me to go to the asylum. i did.it was sad,now im alone with my happyest-thing-in-the-world starfish pet with that CREEPY SMILEING GRIN!now im alone forever stuck in my table with all my pets staring at me like,"what the heck?"

Survivor
Aug 29, 2011
Yes I did this. One time I challenged a guy to PVP battle and guess what, he accepted. I only figured out afterward that he was a lvl. 101 and I was a lvl. 64 . I got destroyed if you didn't already guess.