Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't get my waterworks boots! Please help :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
I have been trying for what seems like ages to get my waterworks boots for my fire character. I have hat and robe, got them pretty easily. It has never taken me this long before to get boots. I literally go through 5 or more times per day (and yes, that does take up a lot of time!) but I just can't get them! I really want the boots so I can move on with my life. KI, can you please help? Is this a glitch or something? Is there anything you can do so that I can get my boots the next time I go in? I have been trying for so long!

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
I'm sorry, no one can help you. You just need luck to get them. If you want to do it at shorter time, you must have healer, hammer, booster and tank remover. (Your friends or random peoples, random peoples usually don't go to the end. Random peoples usually go only to luska.)

1. ; 2. ; 3. ; 4. .

Use this order from begin, to end.

- I hope, it helps!

ROBERT - Lvl. 90

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
JennaIronfist on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I have been trying for what seems like ages to get my waterworks boots for my fire character. I have hat and robe, got them pretty easily. It has never taken me this long before to get boots. I literally go through 5 or more times per day (and yes, that does take up a lot of time!) but I just can't get them! I really want the boots so I can move on with my life. KI, can you please help? Is this a glitch or something? Is there anything you can do so that I can get my boots the next time I go in? I have been trying for so long!
KI will not help. All gear drops are random; you're going to have to either keep trying or give up and move on.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
I have a lot of XP with waterworks, so I know how to do it well, but I guess I should complain on behalf of everyone who has trouble getting the gear drops (not the ammys or stuff like lifeforce). I think KI should make it easier for the gear drops to be gotten, I guess if I still can't get them I'll just wait till I lvl up enough to craft some boots. Anyways, I just wanted to call attention to that. I've never had any problems getting the gear before, KI's system isn't perfect so there could be a bug I guess. Never knew anyone who had this much trouble before.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
JennaIronfist on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
I have a lot of XP with waterworks, so I know how to do it well, but I guess I should complain on behalf of everyone who has trouble getting the gear drops (not the ammys or stuff like lifeforce). I think KI should make it easier for the gear drops to be gotten, I guess if I still can't get them I'll just wait till I lvl up enough to craft some boots. Anyways, I just wanted to call attention to that. I've never had any problems getting the gear before, KI's system isn't perfect so there could be a bug I guess. Never knew anyone who had this much trouble before.
In my experience, altho some do like to don the full sets now, the boots are the least important to me. I craft the helmet from WT for the almost like stats and extra blade, so the hood is iffy too. I have only been able to get the Life and then Death robe in WW and then I stopped doing it.

It's long, boring and all about getting your hopes up for nothing thing for me. It just seems like more work then crafting where I can obtain a thing for sure. I hate "chance to get" with a passion so I have to try to seek ways around that. When I joined the game the chance to get thing wasn't really in full swing yet, as time went on and things were added it seemed like everything I did was becoming that so I try to play more for the sure things.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
Northlite on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
In my experience, altho some do like to don the full sets now, the boots are the least important to me. I craft the helmet from WT for the almost like stats and extra blade, so the hood is iffy too. I have only been able to get the Life and then Death robe in WW and then I stopped doing it.

It's long, boring and all about getting your hopes up for nothing thing for me. It just seems like more work then crafting where I can obtain a thing for sure. I hate "chance to get" with a passion so I have to try to seek ways around that. When I joined the game the chance to get thing wasn't really in full swing yet, as time went on and things were added it seemed like everything I did was becoming that so I try to play more for the sure things.
I agree with most of this. But I always want to have the full set, it's very useful, especially the hat, because of the even resist. Once you lvl to the av craft gear the robe and boots aren't really useful anymore. Craft gear, once you get to the av gear, is always better then works gear, except for the hats sometimes (well, not the ice ones of course, lol). I think I'm gonna give up for now though. Zf craft gear is kinda bad, but at least I'll get some boss block.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
JennaIronfist on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
I agree with most of this. But I always want to have the full set, it's very useful, especially the hat, because of the even resist. Once you lvl to the av craft gear the robe and boots aren't really useful anymore. Craft gear, once you get to the av gear, is always better then works gear, except for the hats sometimes (well, not the ice ones of course, lol). I think I'm gonna give up for now though. Zf craft gear is kinda bad, but at least I'll get some boss block.
My Life has been wearing the WT crafted helmet, mostly for the extra blade, WW robe and I just put the WW boots back on. I crafted the AV boots but never used them because when I lower my pips and at times I don't get Forest Lord/rebirth in round 3. Somewhere I won a pr of boots called Esprit boots which are just like WW boots but have 5 more health points?

I compensate other gear for stats I need filled in, such as critical block - we went back and farmed for the wyd oak staff. I am still using a lvl 56 ring because of the 21% pip chance so I can keep my 100% rating. I play in a team of 2 other family members and I must be able to heal and deal. I go in second in battle and have a very fragile storm I have to keep in the fights. I think the point is we all need different things out of the gear we equip our wizards with and mine may not be right for all Life wizards.

I would like to thank M4H for their mob deck ideas that got us to Pitch Black Lake so far. You don't need anything but damage to fight this way .

I look forward to the break from AZ now since I decided to pause at lvl cap. Time to make a new wizard and start the crawl though the spiral all over again.

Mary StarGem lvl 90

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
JennaIronfist on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Agreed.
I have 6 hats 2 robes and 0 boots I try usally 4 times a day.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I just finally got the robe yesterday. I have 2 hats, 1 robe, and 3 boots. Try going in a different order on last battle. 2nd often gets something. I now want a life mastery amulet :D

Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
Northlite on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
My Life has been wearing the WT crafted helmet, mostly for the extra blade, WW robe and I just put the WW boots back on. I crafted the AV boots but never used them because when I lower my pips and at times I don't get Forest Lord/rebirth in round 3. Somewhere I won a pr of boots called Esprit boots which are just like WW boots but have 5 more health points?

I compensate other gear for stats I need filled in, such as critical block - we went back and farmed for the wyd oak staff. I am still using a lvl 56 ring because of the 21% pip chance so I can keep my 100% rating. I play in a team of 2 other family members and I must be able to heal and deal. I go in second in battle and have a very fragile storm I have to keep in the fights. I think the point is we all need different things out of the gear we equip our wizards with and mine may not be right for all Life wizards.

I would like to thank M4H for their mob deck ideas that got us to Pitch Black Lake so far. You don't need anything but damage to fight this way .

I look forward to the break from AZ now since I decided to pause at lvl cap. Time to make a new wizard and start the crawl though the spiral all over again.

Mary StarGem lvl 90
I agree if you're in a team then use what's best for your team. This char is fire though, so pip chance doesn't come into effect. If you're life i just have a recommendation, especially if you're in a team with a storm: stellar signet and cosmic kris. Best healing/powerpip athame and ring there is, recipe can be found in crustacean empire. But that's a different story; good luck to all, I have decided to use winter palace cavalry for now (lol). My final gear is gonna be works hat/azteca robe/azteca boots, KI doesn't seem to think this is a bug or I'm sure they would have replied.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Guys give him a break! My friends balance wiz took 30 tries to complete the attire.
If you try a lot, you get a granted wish

Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
try taken 2nd thats what i did
Taryn 79