Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I know Aquila is based of Greek and roman mythology, (I was interested in Greek mythology and read a lot about for a year) but I have one question, why are all the gods birds? Do the represent something tieing to that specific god like a type of bird, or do they have some other cultural reference of their place in Greek mythology? KI please awnser this

Evan starblade lvl 63

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I haven't personally been to Aquila yet, so I can't speak about it specifically, however I can say that many gods and goddesses in Greek mythology have some relation to birds as one of their attributes. For example, Athena is often associated and depicted with owls, while Hera is closely tied to the peacock, Zeus is associated with the eagle, and hawks are sacred to Apollo. Those are all that I can remember off the top of my head from my Greek mythology course, but there are more. I'm not sure if every god is tied to a type of bird as there are many gods in Greek mythology, but many do have some connection, especially the main ones that I suspect are the ones seen in Aquila, like the ones I mentioned already.