Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alpha and Omega Ring

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2016
I am a level 91 wizard and I really want the level 90 A&O ring so I recently started farming the secret boss in Mount Olympus for it and I have literally battled this guy 15 times and he hasn't dropped it once. Fighting him over and over is getting super annoying to the point where I'm just going to forget it... How hard/easy were the drops for those of you who have it? How many fights did it take for you to get it? How rare is it?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
KeiraStormPetal on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
I am a level 91 wizard and I really want the level 90 A&O ring so I recently started farming the secret boss in Mount Olympus for it and I have literally battled this guy 15 times and he hasn't dropped it once. Fighting him over and over is getting super annoying to the point where I'm just going to forget it... How hard/easy were the drops for those of you who have it? How many fights did it take for you to get it? How rare is it?
I have several max wizards and I don't have it...so you can imagine how many times I have fought that guy. Some people can get it in a split seconds while others...can't get it.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
I totally understand your struggle. I have a level 110 wizard who didn't get her alpha and omega and blade of the felled titan until I went back in with a stroke of luck. My two recent wizards, 99 and 99 got theirs within about 4-6 tries.

I think it's just a matter of luck. Take some time away from the boss and go quest. Come back when you're feeling refreshed and energized enough to want to fight again. Try to keep an open mind, too I really hope you get it.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I have been farming the gladiator for a long time and I have been trying to get the Alpha and Omega ring. Can someone tell me the drop rate?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
The drop rate seems pretty low - less than 1 in 10 battles.

My advice is to get to level 100, then find some friends to fight Aphrodite in Darkmoor. Her ring is roughly the same, drops at a much higher rate, and you even get a chance at a new spell.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
All Rare Drops within the game just seems to come down to pure luck man.
Some people have it, some don't unfortunately I:

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Hello! I would suggest just to keep farming, even though it may be hard. From personal experience, it took me about 30 tries to get it. Its all dependent on luck. Also, really try to get it because its a very good ring that you can keep for a while.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
I got it first try on my death lol. But trying to get it for my storm took me about 4 runs, so either I'm extremely lucky or you're extremely unlucky, or the drops in this game are broken. Personally, I think it's the third one.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2016
Is there any wizards I got 5000 crowns so I could unlock some areas is that enough crowns to unlock all the areas in Wizard City

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
Really? I use to farm him all the time and would get the Alpha and Omega ring all the time

Also the Gladiator isn't a secret boss

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
lnfectors1 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
Really? I use to farm him all the time and would get the Alpha and Omega ring all the time

Also the Gladiator isn't a secret boss
Actually, I'm pretty sure he is considered a secret boss. He's in a secret room.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I've got 12 wizards Level 99 or higher, and I've farmed for both the Alpha and Omega Ring and Blade of the Felled Titan with all of them. I'd say combined they've averaged about a dozen runs each on both bosses. I have 9 Alpha and Omega Rings, and 4 Blades of the Felled Titan. Some have gotten it in a 4 or 5 attempts, while others have never got it after almost 20 runs.

But I have probably got 30 or more first generation Enchanted Armaments.

I seem to remember it taking about 6 duels before I got my first AOR. The drop rates are pretty much on par with say Waterworks. Don't go in expecting anything and then you'll be a little less disappointed when you don't get it.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I got the Alpha & Omega ring on my first try. I was pretty surprised since I never really get what I am farming for on the first try. I decided to farm him since I got to know that he drops some rare reagents which I desperately needed for crafting. I got the Alpha & Omega ring 2 times while farming him. I assumed that it is a pretty common drop, but was proved wrong by a friend who is more or less having the same problem as you. I really can't say if its rare or common. The drop rate in the game is broken for all items. So no one can put a number on it.

- Shelby Nightbreeze level 116 wizard