Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

YouTube Monetization

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Yes, I've read the terms of use/agreements. But I've always wondered -- is there a specific reason why you're not allowed to monetize Wizard101 YouTube videos? Like, you're making money while you help Wizard101 grow. It should be more like Minecraft -- you're free to upload and monetize.

I don't want an answer like, "It is against our terms of service, read here". I know it's against the terms, but I would like to know why. I was planning on making a YT channel but noticed I cannot monetize my videos so I went back to Minecraft.

@dworgyn

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Because KI owns the game and all footage of it falls under their legal ownership. Someone making money from that would be breaking the law unless KI gives permission to do so. As for why they don't give the permission, I'm not entirely certain, it could just be a lot of legal work that they don't want to go through when they could be finishing Mirage/starting work on Empyrea instead. Unless you're making it a career, then you don't really need to monetise the videos anyway. But that's mostly my opinion and I'd like Dworgyn to explain more of the facts too.