Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Xbox and Playstation Controller Support

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 08, 2010
261
Being able to play wiz with an xbox or playstation controller would be very enjoyable! Is it possible for KI to implement this? Movement would be very smooth with joysticks and we would no longer have to be hunched over a keyboard when playing.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
41
Garrett15141 on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Being able to play wiz with an xbox or playstation controller would be very enjoyable! Is it possible for KI to implement this? Movement would be very smooth with joysticks and we would no longer have to be hunched over a keyboard when playing.
That's a good idea, oh, and hey Garrett! My name is Garrett! I also had a dream that we could use virtual reality in the game, I think that would be soooooo cool. I mean just the thought of being in battle and then getting hit by an enemy while having the view at the view of your wizard sounded amazing. It would be just like first person view, and it'd be so revolutionary. I also thought in the future they could come out with some kind of virtual reality thing where you can stand in front of this sensor, kind of like the Xbox Kinect and then we could have a wand with an IR sensor at the end, and we could wave it around in a special pattern to cast a spell, while also saying it allowed into a microphone to activate the spell. Then the sound from your cast could also be put in the game so that people around you can hear you pronouncing the spell. Like for storm, you would draw out the storm shape/logo thing and then say lighting snake! or Storm owl! or Rusalka's Wrath! That would be sooooooo cooooooooooooooooooool.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
378
Garrett15141 on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Being able to play wiz with an xbox or playstation controller would be very enjoyable! Is it possible for KI to implement this? Movement would be very smooth with joysticks and we would no longer have to be hunched over a keyboard when playing.
How would communication then be held? The keyboard is generally absent from this method of playing.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Astrologist
Mar 31, 2009
1235
Shannon Skybreaker on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
How would communication then be held? The keyboard is generally absent from this method of playing.

Best of luck!
S.S.
They mentioned Microphone chat. However, you can still use a thumbboard or keyboard with these systems. I think it would be cool if you could run it on the Xbox or whatever, but yeah I think that there are definitely some major hurdles.

Moderator
I know this probably isn't on most people's radar, but there was a big derby controversy surrounding gaming controllers. Without giving too much away (in fear of it being replicated), it gave certain players an unfair advantage on the track.

I know the derby community is small so most people won't care about this, but being a big derbyer myself, I'm personally against the use of game controllers for this reason.

The Untold Spiral Founder/Owner, Co-leader of Mercenaries101, MMORPG.com Writer, and much more!
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Explorer
May 11, 2013
61
Vanessa Mythdust on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
I know this probably isn't on most people's radar, but there was a big derby controversy surrounding gaming controllers. Without giving too much away (in fear of it being replicated), it gave certain players an unfair advantage on the track.

I know the derby community is small so most people won't care about this, but being a big derbyer myself, I'm personally against the use of game controllers for this reason.
Well you kind of just did, now anyone can look up a guide on how to do it. Also if it does get replicated its kind of your fault. For letting people know it has been done and it gave an unfair advantage, words people look for when they want an upper hand. :)