Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizened Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I propose a reward for wizards that have been with the game since it game out, wizard 101 is almost 10 years old and a commitment to one game for so long is a rare thing so I think that the old and loyal wizards of wizard 101 should be rewarded with something more than a simple dragon mount.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
First of all: Your Name on the Boards is awesome! 2nd. No. I don't like this idea AT ALL. Please see this post.
3rd. I just realized it was you I had this conversation with before. 4th. Again, I think that it is an unnecessary plea for "seniority" and just because I hadn't heard about Wizard and wasn't a Beta Tester or whatever, I don't want to be punished. Rewarding Current players is a much better strategy (hence Celestial Carpet Mount). I think that that is a worthy reward.

In an attempt to compromise: Perhaps if an account reaches 7 years old you get a thing. (That way, everyone at least has the opportunity to get the reward, but it does require that you come back to Wizard after 7 years.) I think that 7 is a good number because it's magical and wonderful and whatnot.

Again though please see the previous post for as why this is not a good idea.

and again, your username is awesome.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I feel like this would cause discrimination against wizards who aren't like this. This could also cause an unhealthy clan of these wizened wizards.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Fable Finder on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
I feel like this would cause discrimination against wizards who aren't like this. This could also cause an unhealthy clan of these wizened wizards.
I agree with Fable here. While I would appreciate the award for being around for a while, the players that haven't been around as long might feel cheated or under-appreciated for their own support of the game.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
exp613 on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
First of all: Your Name on the Boards is awesome! 2nd. No. I don't like this idea AT ALL. Please see this post.
3rd. I just realized it was you I had this conversation with before. 4th. Again, I think that it is an unnecessary plea for "seniority" and just because I hadn't heard about Wizard and wasn't a Beta Tester or whatever, I don't want to be punished. Rewarding Current players is a much better strategy (hence Celestial Carpet Mount). I think that that is a worthy reward.

In an attempt to compromise: Perhaps if an account reaches 7 years old you get a thing. (That way, everyone at least has the opportunity to get the reward, but it does require that you come back to Wizard after 7 years.) I think that 7 is a good number because it's magical and wonderful and whatnot.

Again though please see the previous post for as why this is not a good idea.

and again, your username is awesome.
Agreed! However, 7 years is a bit too much. How about the reward is split up over x years (I'll use 7 years as an example)? So say the prize is 7000 crowns. You would get 1000 crowns every year.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
Oh, about the 7 year thing. If wizards were going to be awarded, the only way wizards should be able to find out is by word of mouth (so like no mounts). This would prevent unintentional discrimination.

The 7 year thing would be less likely to cause an unhealthy clan, considering there's something similar with FreeKI Games that has caused no unhealthy clan whatsoever.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Fable Finder on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
Oh, about the 7 year thing. If wizards were going to be awarded, the only way wizards should be able to find out is by word of mouth (so like no mounts). This would prevent unintentional discrimination.

The 7 year thing would be less likely to cause an unhealthy clan, considering there's something similar with FreeKI Games that has caused no unhealthy clan whatsoever.
Oh is there? What is it?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yen Sid on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
I propose a reward for wizards that have been with the game since it game out, wizard 101 is almost 10 years old and a commitment to one game for so long is a rare thing so I think that the old and loyal wizards of wizard 101 should be rewarded with something more than a simple dragon mount.
Also what do you want to see Yen Sid? I know I like housing items that look awesome, but what would you want?