Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Name Change Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
I'm sorry in advanced if this has been posted before, only just started using the Message Boards/Forums so I'm unfamiliar with any popular previous posts...

Anyway I've thought of the idea of giving players the ability to be able to change their wizard name for a sum of Crowns and the equivalent value in Gold.
Only makes sense that a feature such as this would cost something, unless its like some games where you can change it for free but only once a month.

NOTE: When I say "name section" what I mean is the three name areas of a Wizard's name: First Name, Last Name 1, Last Name 2.

Moving on, let's say it costs 1,000 Crowns (10,000 Gold I believe) per name section to change then you would only pay for what you wanna change: E.g. if you only wanted to change you First Name it would only cost 1k Crowns, or, if you wanted to change you First Name and Last Name 2 it would then only cost 2k crowns and so on...

This method is better than paying let's say 3k crowns but only wanting to change your First Name...

I doubt KingsIsle would make it as cheap as 1,000 Crowns per name section and probably more like 10,000 Crowns but at this rate as long as the feature exists in the game I'd be happy.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Luke95Bio on Feb 1, 2017 wrote:
I'm sorry in advanced if this has been posted before, only just started using the Message Boards/Forums so I'm unfamiliar with any popular previous posts...

Anyway I've thought of the idea of giving players the ability to be able to change their wizard name for a sum of Crowns and the equivalent value in Gold.
Only makes sense that a feature such as this would cost something, unless its like some games where you can change it for free but only once a month.

NOTE: When I say "name section" what I mean is the three name areas of a Wizard's name: First Name, Last Name 1, Last Name 2.

Moving on, let's say it costs 1,000 Crowns (10,000 Gold I believe) per name section to change then you would only pay for what you wanna change: E.g. if you only wanted to change you First Name it would only cost 1k Crowns, or, if you wanted to change you First Name and Last Name 2 it would then only cost 2k crowns and so on...

This method is better than paying let's say 3k crowns but only wanting to change your First Name...

I doubt KingsIsle would make it as cheap as 1,000 Crowns per name section and probably more like 10,000 Crowns but at this rate as long as the feature exists in the game I'd be happy.
Yes, this has been brought up in the past and KI won't make this option available.

Once you create a wizard, that wizards name is tied to your account unless you delete it and create a new one. Changing the name of one that you have can create some problems that KI may not be able to trace back if something goes missing. The system would not have any record of a pet or house or other items you may have on wizard that has a name change.

The only thing you can do is create new wizard with the name you want.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As noted above, you aren't the first to suggest this idea and you definitely won't be the last.

Even though it'll be cool to have a name change, I feel this may do more harm than good, especially if the system starts getting abused.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
First off welcome to the message boards! Second while name changing could be a cool feature KI wont allow it.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2014
YES! I had the same idea I would love for there to be a name changer in wiz101 I feel like 3k crowns is a bit too much for a complete name change 1k and 10,000 s the best option.

I would love to see this implemented into the game!!! I feel like there should b an NPC you would go to, to change your name I feel like Dragonspyre or Mirage would be the best places.