Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why cant we have 7 characters?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
30
Now, I know this is an old kind of topic but I did some research and found some things that were from 2010. Almost everyone was saying that we couldn't have the 7th character because KI wants you to buy another subscription and make another account. Someone said that KI said they'll never allow another character slot.

Other said there's no room in the classroom, but there are literally open seats in the top corners.

So, I was wondering if KI ever changed their minds and ever have plans in the future to add the 7th character slot.

It's really bugging me not being able to create a wizard

Survivor
May 05, 2013
6
Yeah, I was thinking like a extra character potion for a few thousand crowns maybe? I really want a ice wizard

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2316
In a previous KI Live event, they had mentioned that they had talked about it internally. That's all we got for feedback on this. That said, I HOPE it's a correct memory I have of it, but if it's not, I apologize in advance for getting peoples' hopes up

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
64
You should be able to make as many wizards per account as there are schools.
Maybe even be able to make 2 wizards per school (2 death, 2 fire, 2 storm, etc)

I know some people that have multiple accounts with so many wizards.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
it's to make you choose, like pokemon for example... with the starters, there's gonna be that last pokemon just sitting there neverr used, and i mean sure you could "delete" ya game and choose it, or use a second account to own it, but the fact that thee is a choice where no matter the outcome you can't be 100% with out sacrificing something, which in returns doesnt make you 100% still... hopefully that clears it up, you only get 6 to make you choose which school is better than the rest...

Illuminator
Mar 31, 2009
1290
camahawk on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
it's to make you choose, like pokemon for example... with the starters, there's gonna be that last pokemon just sitting there neverr used, and i mean sure you could "delete" ya game and choose it, or use a second account to own it, but the fact that thee is a choice where no matter the outcome you can't be 100% with out sacrificing something, which in returns doesnt make you 100% still... hopefully that clears it up, you only get 6 to make you choose which school is better than the rest...
I disagree that it is to make you decide which school is best. My theory is they are trying to decide if it is worth it monetarily. Because you can not make all 7 classes many people do get a second account. The question that they are still debating, in my opinion is do they make more money with people having to make a second account or if they were to buy the 7th slot. I still wish that they would allow the 7th slot as I think people will still do both.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1868
In the early days there may have been an issue of server capacity. Used to be no one could have more than 3 houses, nor more than 80 items total in a backpack - for members and 'free to play' folks both. Everything we do in the game takes up memory on a server somewhere.

They could probably handle it now (having seven characters) but, as others have pointed out, might find it more profitable to have people start second accounts.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
8
I too have asked about this recently again. Will see what happens I guess. I want a wiz.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
8
I too just asked about this again as well. I really want a balance wizard and there is room in beginning screen, since one is standing, the one you're choosing.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
The last time I heard, KI is reconsidering the 7th wizard possibility because more and more players are asking for this.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
59
This is precisly the thing that I want, (This and the name change ability.)

I will finally have the full set of schools.

Listed Below my characters and schools etc:

Sestiva (Balance/Astral)
Tavia (Death/Life)
Morgrim (Fire/Ice)
Kayla (Storm/Myth)
Tarlac (Myth/Storm)
Iridian (Ice/Fire)

And Hopefully if this is agreed upon a (Life/Death) character.

Please KI consider it. :)

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
146
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1464
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
The last time I heard, KI is reconsidering the 7th wizard possibility because more and more players are asking for this.
That would be great.

If the entry screen camera were zoomed out or angled a bit, there are already 3 desks to each side of the existing wizard desks.

I wonder if they had planned to add more schools in future or a seventh wizard choice.

I would also love to be able to change my wizard's hair permanently. I know it said choose wisely but I was rushing through it to be honest.

I currently have a wig on the wizard but when it wears a hat the hair changes.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
82
The thing I wonder is who buys the second account just to play the last school? I bought my second account for an entirely different reason I wanted to help myself quest and currently have both accounts full. I am not sure if people can reasonably justify a second subscription just to play one more wizard tbh. If it was just to have that last school people would never buy a third, fourth or more subscription. Giving us one more space on each account would not stop people buying further accounts by a huge amount in my opinion.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
The reason is for profit for 2 accounts. I think when they gain enough money they will allow this.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
28
I need my never created death wizard now!

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
Honestly? If you want to have one of each school on a single account, more power to you. Go ahead.

But realistically, it makes so much more sense to have another account. Put hitters on one account and support characters on another. KI even takes request to accommodate this when you have them linked and with year membership - you can transfer a wizard from one account to another.

Because like... dude, running through the game with two characters together is SO much faster than trying to solo it. I have three accounts. One is just a balance. One is ice, myth and life. One is death, fire and storm.

The synergy of even two characters you can control is unrivaled.

So yeah, I say give those players who have all schools but one an extra space if they gotta have it. But memberships will sell themselves regardless because of that synergy. Even KI probably knows this. And they miss a lot.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
luckguy93 on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
Honestly? If you want to have one of each school on a single account, more power to you. Go ahead.

But realistically, it makes so much more sense to have another account. Put hitters on one account and support characters on another. KI even takes request to accommodate this when you have them linked and with year membership - you can transfer a wizard from one account to another.

Because like... dude, running through the game with two characters together is SO much faster than trying to solo it. I have three accounts. One is just a balance. One is ice, myth and life. One is death, fire and storm.

The synergy of even two characters you can control is unrivaled.

So yeah, I say give those players who have all schools but one an extra space if they gotta have it. But memberships will sell themselves regardless because of that synergy. Even KI probably knows this. And they miss a lot.
i know!!! run with my ice wizard, and my Life, ice, death, balance wizard (yes 4 schools in one) is sooo much easier exta heals, weakness, feint.. easier gauntlets, so fastr mega snacks

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Freshta on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
In the early days there may have been an issue of server capacity. Used to be no one could have more than 3 houses, nor more than 80 items total in a backpack - for members and 'free to play' folks both. Everything we do in the game takes up memory on a server somewhere.

They could probably handle it now (having seven characters) but, as others have pointed out, might find it more profitable to have people start second accounts.

Alia Misthaven
If memory is a problem then make a requirement for it like crowns or maybe a max wizard requirement, for example there could be a requirement for having 3+ max wizards to gain the 7th slot. Not very many people have 3 max wizards so this would encourage players to spend more time and money on their game for their 7th slot without taking up too much game memory. Of course, this requirement can be changed to 4+,5+ or maybe even 6+.

I would honestly love to have a storm wizard.

Lvl 115
Lvl 112
Lvl 110
Lvl 31

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
camahawk on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
i know!!! run with my ice wizard, and my Life, ice, death, balance wizard (yes 4 schools in one) is sooo much easier exta heals, weakness, feint.. easier gauntlets, so fastr mega snacks
More power to you if you can use all four slots in a battle. I can't do it. Too much to keep track of where as 3 is manageable.

Plus, I'd imagine that you sometimes can't get that fourth into the battle in time, yeah?

But the only instance where I've even needed all slots have been Tartarus stun runs, Darkmoor, and Aphrodite. The solutions of which, respectively are seek out a myth/fire to stun, find a healer/spammer, and also find a healer/spammer. That has kept me from getting a fourth account. lol.

And Rasputin you can do with three no problem.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
41
I love the idea of being able to have 7 wizards. I've always wanted to try out a balance wizard. Hopefully Kingsisle adds this.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1016
You can not have 7 wizards so you have to buy another account to play them all, lol.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2014
2
How about KI allows the seventh character, only if you have completed all main quests on the other six characters.
I really want to experience death pvp, because people say it can be struggling. - lvl 68 balance Aaron sandflame

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1464
I'd never buy a second account just to play a Balance wizard.

But I'd make a Balance wizard in a seventh slot, and buy gear and things for it. Gear, houses, and things.

So as it is they're not getting that income from me, but with a seventh slot, they would.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
15
I really love the idea of being able to have the seventh character because i really want a wizard and i would even buy a lot of crowns to get the 7th character, but i will never buy a second account just to be able to play a wiz.

Lvl 112
Lvl 81
Lvl 70
Lvl 52
Lvl 50
Lvl 37

And hopefully soon a wiz. :)